Spending Time With Jiho

Recovering Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun POV

      Jiho, who seemed to have stopped crying, curled up into my body, latching onto me like a lifeline. He pushed his face further in my chest, as if he was trying to hide.

      "Jiho...don't hide. But then again, if you're comfortable like this, stay. May I ask why you do that to yourself?" I asked in a hopefully kind tone. I've never dealt with a person who self-harmed, but I did hear that what they need the most is comfort.

      "I hate myself. This is my punishment," He said emotionlessly. I frowned.

      "Punishment for wha....oh," I realized what he was talking about. The Thailand incident. Now everything clicked into place. The way he scratched his arms, itching for a painful release. The way he blankly looked at me while I yelled at him. Why he had a series of cuts, both old and new, lining up his now exposed arms.

      "Jiho I'm sorry for the other day during Inkigayo...I didn't mean what I said. I was stressed but also a bit mad, so I burst out like that. I'm actually a really nice person. You also shouldn't listen to what netizens post online, it's absolute rubbish sometimes, you know...."

      "Forget it. I already know what kind of trash I am anyways. I should go back now, I've been here too long. I'm sorry for wasting your time," he replied, ignoring what I said. He proceeded to get up from the floor, but I pulled him back down, accidentally touching his cuts, making him wince.

      "Let me at least bandage your cuts for you, okay? As a sunbae," I asked him. Dubiously, he sat back down and brought out a small roll of bandage from his pocket.

      "You seem to be prepared. That's not good. Keep sharp things away from you so you don't have to carry a mini first aid kid with you all the time. There's no disinfectant here, so when you redo your bandages, put some on then," I told him in a motherly tone, trying my very best not to sound rude or sarcastic in any way. He just stared at the floor, nodding. Comfort him, comfort him, my mind urged me. My hands moved of my own accord, awkwardly reaching to the sides of his face. His cheeks were soft and plump, not thin and sharp like most male idols. I brushed my fingers under his eyes, wiping away the stray tears that escaped from him. He gazed strongly into my eyes,and I stared back at him. What was seconds felt like hours, before Jiho's stupid stupid phone rang. It flashed "Kyung". Recognizing it to be one of s, I pulled my hands back and coughed.

      "Er...yeah you should head back. Also, tell them that you had something in your eye...eyes, if they ask," I said smartly. He bowed and left, with what I thought was a small smile. When he left, I noticed that he left his blade behind on the floor. To the garbage it goes, I thought happily, disposing it.

      Walking back to my 2PM members, my happiness faded away. Why does he think he deserves that? Was everything too hurtful? Wasn't he a strong person? Suddenly, I bumped into Chansung.

      "Hyung, what happened in the bathroom that's making you think so much? Hopefully you weren't doing anything too private," he said grinning, poking my ribs. I laughed drily.

      "Yah, where did you learn to joke with your hyung like this, huh? Huh?" I questioned him, poking him back to start the ultimate poke war. Our poke war had to be postponed, however, since it was now time to head to other show recordings.

      Back in the dorms, I laid down on my bed, not able to relax because all my mind could think about was Woo Ji Ho. I constantly kept wondering about what he was doing and whether he was cutting himself again. Ugh, there's only one thing to do, I thought tiredly. My hands sought for my phone, and I immediately sent a text to my manager.

      Me: Hyung, this might be a difficult favor, but I need Block B Zico's cell phone number. Any idea how I can get it?

      He replied shortly with good news.

      Manager Hyung: Hey, you're actually lucky because I have Block B's manager's number because I had to discuss our appearance         on  'Strong Heart'. You know...how to make sure you guys don't have any conflict regarding the..incident...a month ago. I can ask       him right now.

      Me: Thank you so much! Oh, but please tell him not to tell Jiho about this. 

      After five minutes, manager-hyung contacted me again.

      Manager Hyung: 010-7943-9157. His manager just said not to do anything bad. I convinced him, so rest assured. You owe me           one!

      Me: Thanks again! You're the best <3

      I smiled, saving the new contact on my phone. I opened the messaging app, wanting to text him.

      Hello Jiho-ah

      Hello Jiho

      Good evening, Mr.Woo

      Hey

      I couldn't think of a proper way to start off the text. Wouldn't it be weird if I suddenly got his number? After some thinking, I decided upon the proper way to start off.

      Hello Jiho! This is Nichkhun sunbae. I got your number from your manager. Don't worry I'm not some sasaeng. I hope you're               doing well. Before you ask me why I want to contact you, I just feel that you need a friend and I want to be your friend. Please           don't delete me ㅠㅠ

      I sent him the text, proud of the way I crafted my words. "Ah, a proof shot is needed!" I told myself. I switched to my camera, and began recording a video of my face.

      "Jiho, it's me Nichkhun, not a sasaeng. It's pretty hard to get plastic surgery to look like me anyways," I said, waving, and then I sent that as well, hoping for a good response. Right away, my notification sound rang.

      Jiho: ㅋㅋㅋ Alright sunbae-nim. I believe you. I don't see what's wrong with making new friends anyway. I'm feeling lonely lately.

      Me: Are you free next week on Wednesday? Let's meet and get to know each other.

      I froze when my finger already pressed the reply button. , are we even on that stage yet?

      Jiho: I don't see why not. I'm free in the afternoon.

      Me: Okay, great! You know the small ice cream shop by Han River? Let's go there. It's usually not crowded in the afternoon, so we       won't have to hide much.

      Jiho: I do :) See you! Have a goodnight, sunbae-nim.

      I found myself helplessly grinning at his replies, and I fell asleep, my heart racing for some damn reason.

      Wednesday just took forever to come. I couldn't wait to finish up all my promotions. But when the day came, I found myself several times in front of the mirror, brushing my hair back in different styles and trying on a variety of clothes. Thank goodness the other members were out, taking ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter