Help

Condemned Angel

 

~ Kim Jaejoong ~

** At the Bakery **

I couldn’t help but chuckled at So Eun’s sparkle in her eyes as she skimmed through the menu. I knew it! Most girls love sweet things and no matter what size, height, personality, or class they would love sweets and things that are nice. I am a genius. Hahaha!

“ Do you know what you want?” I asked waiting for So Eun to decide before I ordered.

“ I don’t know….. Do want to order first?” she looked up at me with a slight smile of embarrassment. Why did she have to be to cute?

“ It’s okay. Take your time,” I smiled and she nodded.

“ What do you want actually? Is there more than one thing?” I asked her again after a few moments.

“ I’m sorry. I am stuck between three things…….the cranberry cake with vanilla sauce, vanilla pear loaf cake, and vanilla bean cookies. I think I’ll pick the… the… the vanilla pear loaf cake,” she answered with her still glued to the menu and I chuckled at her indecisiveness. She likes vanilla.

“Anything to drink?” I asked her and she quickly took the menu she had put down and looked again.

“ I’ll have a glass of milk,” she said quickly and folded the menu and looked at me. That was quick compared to when she decided for her dessert. I then called over the waitress that had been eyeing me for the past ten minutes since we arrived. She was pretty but I was in no mood to hit on girl right now.

“ What can I get for you,” she said in a raspy voice and a sweet smile which I was sure had double meaning and apparent that she was flirting with me. I looked over at So Eun to see if she caught on but she was looking out the window at two kids with their mother. I didn’t know why but I felt slightly disappointed that she didn’t care if other girls hit on me.

“ I’ll have a melted ham and cheese sandwich and the miss will have the vanilla pear loaf cake, vanilla bean cookies, and cranberry cake with vanilla sauce with a glass of milk,” I said, since So Eun wanted all three I might as well get it all for her. The waitress looked at me in surprise then at So Eun, who also looked at me in surprise.

“ No oppa! I only wanted the vanilla pear loaf cake,” she blurted and I smiled. She called me oppa again.

“ It’s okay. You seem like you liked all of them. I wanted to try some of them too,” I lied. I hated sweets but I knew this was the only get her to not argue with me. She then nodded and I stared back up at the waitress who seemed to be angry or rather jealous of So Eun.

“ That would be all thanks,” I said and winked at her. She then smiled and skipped to the kitchen. So Eun seemed a little sad when I looked back her, was she ok?

“ Are you okay?” I asked.

“ I’m fine,” she said looking down at the table in front between us.

“ Do want to start our study session here before our food comes?” I asked.

“ Okay,” she said and began taking her stuff out and I began explaining things to her from where we left of yesterday.

“ Here’s your food,” the waitress came back with a tray and set down the food and “unintentionally” brushed her hand against my arms and I tensed up. I just realized that ever since So Eun came I have got with a chick so my desires were heighten.

“ Thank you,” So Eun mumbled.

“ Yea, thanks,” I said and looked back at So Eun who didn’t seem excited about her desserts anymore.

“ Are you going eat your dessert?” I asked and she just nodded and began forking her vanilla pear cake. Why was she down all of the sudden? Did she not like spending time with me? She’d rather be with Kyuhyun-sshi right?

I stared down at me food and in my napkin tucked underneath the sandwich was a number with a name which I was sure was the waitress because when I looked around she was staring at me with a seductive smile. Sure I’d keep the number like the other hundred names and numbers that were save onto me phone when I needed to release my .

“ Jaejoong, are you going to have any?” So Eun asked snapping me out of my daze.

“ No, I don’t really like sweets,” I rejected.

“ Why did you order so much? I can’t finish it and it’s a waste. Children with less privileges are starving in different places in the world. It’s unfair that we waste food when they are hungry,” she said. I never thought about things like that before, my parents had always given me what I wanted. Not that I didn’t know that there were poor people but it’s just not what crosses my mind when I eat.

“ Don’t worry. We can always box it if we’re not done. You can take it home,” I reassured her because she seemed worried.


“ Really?” her eyes lit up. That seems better.

“ Yea. Sorry,” I apologized she waved her hand in front of me.

“ No I should be sorry. I overreacted. I am thankful but I don’t want you to spend too much money on me,” she quietly said.

“ I want to. You are special to me and I wanted to treat you as a good friend to something nice,” I replied.

“ I’m still sorry but I am thankful. Thank you Jaejoong,” she said with a small smile. She had stopped calling me oppa again, was it really difficult to call me oppa. She didn’t have a problem with calling Kyuhyun-sshi oppa. That reminded me that I needed to probe around about her liking Kyuhyun-sshi.

So Eun, do you have someone you like?” I asked but she coughed apparent choking on the cake was eating and I soothe her back while she took a drink of her milk. I could tell she didn’t want answer when she diverted from my eyes but I already knew the answer from her reation. She did.

“ Are you finished?” I asked.

“ Why?” she replied.

“ Because I am going to help you,” I waved to the waitress to bring us boxes for the leftovers

“ Help me with what?” she asked still clueless.

“ You might not have a crush but I still want to give you a makeover,” I answer while the waitress already finished boxing up our food.

“ But…..” before she could finish, I quickly gave the waitress a generous tip with the amount, grabbed the boxes and So Eun’s stuff and walked out of the bakery pulling her hand. She didn’t struggle but she looked at me with curious and confused eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another update!

I figured i'd post the chapter i wrote but i haven't edit it yet so pardon the gramatic errors and such.

Thank you again for reading! ^_^