Lucky 8

Surprise!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

Lucky 8

(10:43 pm)

 

He has always been a loyal fan of this certain number that comes right after 7 and right before 9. He is a true worshipper of number 8 since long time ago. He adores everything that has number 8 on it. He collects everything that consists number 8, such as: tattoos, t-shirts, bracelets, wine, literally anything. If it’s a religion, he might have gone for it too. Become the only follower of that religion; put it as his only faith to believe in. Even if he could, he wanted to change the 7wonders to be 8wonders.

Was born in the 1988 year, 8th month, and 18th day made him identically related to number 8. The number that can also stands as the infinite symbol, he might believe in that thought too. Infinity.

Until then, he found out someone was born in the same day as him. There is someone that actually shares the same birthday with him, it’s not that means that there are only two particular persons that was born on that day. But the thing is the person that has the same birthday as him is living the same life as him. She was born in 18th August 1993, made her 5 years younger than him. Yes, it’s a she.

He didn’t know that maybe 8 is not just a number he adores, but it’s also a way for him to find someone that he would love as pure as he loves the number itself.

………………………………………………..

 

She has the same schedule like yesterday; she is still in the Japan for the concert tour, busy with the other members. As the other day, she usually spends her morning to do some sport exercise, letting her muscles to get some simple workout. Even when she is in still the hotel bedroom, lying on her back in the bed, she still can manage to have some workouts. She can’t skip a day without working out, as it is now become her hobby or goal to have a good and fit body instead of just a slim or skinny body.

Getting off of her bed, she walks to the balcony, letting her face greeted by the windy breeze. She is standing on the balcony; wearing a grey jogger pants matched with a grey hoodie, basically cover up all her skin except for her face skin. It was all her boyfriend rule, not to wear anything too short or too revealing now that she has a perfect body. While she is enjoying the cold wind touching her face, she hears her phone rings, signing that she has an incoming call. She immediately runs into the bedroom before she wakes up Naeun who is still sleeping peacefully.

“Hello?”

“Hey, pretty.” Someone on the other line greets her back, making her chuckle softly.

“What is it, oppa?” She says with a bright blush and hopeful eyes.

“Nothing, I just want to call, checking on my girlfriend, you know.” The other person answers back and then comes another silence before he continue, “Our birthday is coming. Do you have a plan on celebrating that day?” He asks quietly.

There is a long pause there, no one speaks nor talks, the only sound come out from their nostrils and mouth, breathing. “I don’t know. I have nothing in mind that now my mind is pretty occupied with everything.” She hesitantly says while playing with the ropes of her hoodie jacket.

He sighs, nodding his head although he knows she can’t see him doing that.  “Don’t stress yourself. Come on, let’s change the topic.” He initiates to change the topic and soon Eunji brings up a topic that she will collaborate with a rapper, Hanhae.

“I like it. Now you are more and more active and get into several types of music.” He says with a proud smile stamped on his face.

And thus, the phone call continues on till the sun finally rise on the east together with the sound of car honks, signing the city of Japan is now getting to life.

 

………………………………

“Oppa, I get caught.” She whispers through the phone call, her hand is close to her lips when she says that. With narrowed eyes, she looks around her suspiciously, trying her best to be aware about her surroundings.

She was in the middle of APink’s schedule in Fukuoka when that happened.

That day she has to perform for the MBC Korean Wave with the other groups that also come from South Korea. With the usual sporty look, she came to the Incheon airport with short jeans matched with a green t-shirt and completed the look with her hair loosed down smoothly. She usually walks together with the other members; she didn’t feel anything on that day. Just felt a bit too tired with all the activities she has for almost two months recently.

Once she is seated in the plane, she casually gone to spend some time to sleep, knowing that she needs rest best at this kind of time. A few minutes after, she felt an urgent need to go to the restroom. She rushed to the bathroom in the VIP region of the plane but when she knocked on it, she heard Bomi inside it telling she has problem with her stomachache.

“Okay- I’ll use the other one.” She sighed and moved to find the other restroom is in used as well.

Because she felt it was almost at the edge of the cliff, she immediately left the VIP cabin and chose to go to the restroom in the business class. With a cap on, she was sure that no one will notice her. Lucky, the restroom is vacant; she immediately slides in and finished her issue on the toilet bowl. Within two minutes, she stepped out of the restroom only to clash with a foreign girl. She has a light darker skin than a Korean or Japanese, and wider eyes than most East Asian races.

“Oh my God- no. Oh my God.” The girl startled in her position, slamming her hands onto to cover her surprise face, but still failing as she kept repeating the word oh my God.

Eunji assumed that this foreign girl is one lucky fan that met her. And that is true; right after the foreign girl has controlled her heartbeats she eventually managed to say.

“Can I ask you a question, eonnie?” The foreign girl asked in a very weird Korean accent, a beginner type.

Eunji nods

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter