Secrets

Crimson Dreams

"When you are crimson-kissed, you get revived back to life by the vampire. In return, you are to do a favor for him or her and that favor is told by the prophecy." Alistair told me. "Hyeri, our mother crimson-kissed Leo."

I stared at my half-brother silently. "How?"

"I don't know the details. But mom came home one day all exhausted and I overheard her telling my father she crimson-kissed a twin. It must've been Leo."

"Then what is this favor that mother wants him to do? He saw me coming. He saw what I was and want my intentions are to do with Jiro. But why?"

Alistair shrugged. "I don't know. Leo doesn't know either. But with time, if Leo doesn't complete that favor, he will go mad and beserk and probably kill himself."

"How will he complete it if he don't know?"

"That's the hard part about being crimson-kissed. You don't know. So you have to do everything you can so you can know." Alistair sat up and walked towards the window. "Being kissed by a vampire is a blessing since you are revived to live again. However, the task being given to you is unknown which is the risky part. Sometime, memories of the given task might trigger and you may be able to save yourself. But that doesn't happen often.

I also got up and followed him to the window. "Leo refused to tell me anything. If mother kissed him, and his task involves me, I should know about this."

"Don't worry about it," Alistair said. "Let fate come to you." Then, he smiled, "Taking about fate, how's your meal going?"

"Jiro will die in the next few days. I can feel myself wanting him more and more." I told my brother.

"Continue wanting him. Just make sure, Hyeri," he glared at me, "that you can kill him."

I smiled at him. "Of course I can. Anything for an immortal body."