Pity

Crimson Dreams

"Leo is seeing a psychiatrist right now. Noona said it's ok for me to come and she'll look after Leo and inform our parents." Jiro said as he picked me up.

"What happened with Leo?" I asked.

"I think he was hallucinating or something. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw him standing at the end of my bed staring at me with dead-lock eyes. He scared the living heck out of me, but I asked if he was okay. Took him a while to respond and he said, "Yeah, I'm fine." and just walked back to bed. He also woke up really late this morning too." Jiro said.

"You told me he is usually the first to wake up." I sipped my coffee.

"Yeah. It's strange Leo is doing such things." Jiro said, scratching his neck.

My sense picked up on his scent.

Right there. I thought. I'll devour him right there.

"Hyeri?" Jiro called.

I snapped out of it and smiled embarassingly. "Sorry, I was just so worried about Leo that I dazed out."

Jiro smiled sadly. "You're worried about my brother?"

"Not like that! Jiro, I love you!" I said, squeezing his hands from across the table.

Jiro finally smiled his best smile.

It's a pity I can't turn you into a vampire. 

"Jiro?" I asked.

"Hm?" he continued smiling.

"What if we get separated?" I questioned.

He looked at me confusedly this time. "What do you mean?"

"By death." I answered.

He sighed. "Then make sure you know that I love you. And you're my only love."

I smiled at him.

It really is a pity.

He sighed again and smiled again. "Hyeri, I have something to say."

I raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Would you marry me?" Jiro asked.

I was shocked. "Marry?"

"Not now, but in the future. After I finish college and get a degree. We should get engaged until then."

I laughed and teased, "How can you propose to me without a ring?"

He looked away embarassingly. "You see, I'm not that great of a planner."

"Then I guess you have to propose to me again when you have a ring for me. I'll act as if nothing happened today."