Happy Birthday

Crimson Dreams

"Stay away from Jiro." Leo warned as I walked pass him in the hallway.

I paused. "How are you, Leo?"

Leo glared at me. "If something happens today, I'm coming for you."

I chuckled. "What's so great about today?"

He walked backward to reach me and bent his head down so we were at eye level. "Twen. Ty. One!"

I cocked my head to the side. "You can just wish me a happy birthday."

"And you can die for all I care." And he walked passed me.

I exit from the building and continued to my classes. Some of my friends stopped by and waved who wished me a happy birthday. Fun.

Suddenly, I caught a scent. I captured the fullness of it through my nose, refusing to share that scent. It was so close to me. I spun around and I was right. Jiro was sleeping in his car. I walked towards his car and opened his unlocked doors and sat next to him. His head was tilted, his neck fully exposed for me. I shifted into my vampire form.

Blood. Finally.

I slowly tilted my head towards him; my baby fangs dangling from my lips like daggers. My heart pounded and I was excited.

Kill him. Devour him. Make him be part of you. A voice said in my mind.

Jiro opened his eyes sensing danger, spinning around to look at me immediately without me having the chance to shift into human form.

He screamed. "HYERI!" 

He awoken from the dream.