Fear

Crimson Dreams

Leo layed out everything he has to keep vampire away around his house. Symbols, chants, prayers. He did all.

Must protect Jiro.

After the last mark, Leo went upstairs to where Jiro was sleeping. Or suppose to be sleeping. Jiro was up and looked at the coner in a daze.

"What's wrong, Jiro?" Leo asked.

Jiro shook his head.

"Jiro?" Leo asked again.

Jiro finally looked in the eye of his brother. "Hyung," he sobbed.

Shocked, Leo immediately sat on Jiro's bed, holding his brother's shoulder. Never had Jiro called him hyung since they were five. "What is it, Jiro? What's wrong?"

"Hyung," Jiro cried, "It hurts." he said. "It hurts to much."

"What hurts? What's hurting you?" Leo asked.

"The dream, hyung." Jiro said. "Hyeri, she--" he choked on his sob. "I'm scared."

Leo pulled his brother towards him, hugging him. "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, Jiro. I promise. You're safe."

"Hyung," Jiro clenched his fist into his brother's back.

I was a block away, but I can sense Jiro's fear of me. His blood reeked of fear. It smelled delicious.

“Leo sealed their house,” I said.

“I can break through the barriers with my powers.” Alistair said.

I stopped him by blocking him with an arm and shook my head. “You aren’t fully recovered yet.”

He pushed my arm away. “I’ll be fine.”

“Alistair, it’s ok. I can try breaking through it.” I insisted.

Alistair laughed. “You have no powers and ability. What do you mean you’re going to try to break through it?”

I ignored him and walked down the block towards Jiro’s home. Alistair didn’t follow me. He waited and he watched.

I got to the sidewalk of their house. Already, I felt the negative energy from the house. The hatred; the shield; the strength of the protection barrier. Leo did a great job.

I stepped into the barrier and it burned.

“Ah!” I jumped out of there and retreated back to the sidewalk.

Leo open the door and came outside. He gave me a dead stare. “Give it up, bloodsuckers. You’ll never get Jiro. You can die for all I care.”

There he goes again.