Gone

Crimson Dreams

“Jiro?” I called out.

Jiro spun and walked towards me. Smiling, tears running down his cheeks. “Why did you lie to me?”

“Jiro?” I said again.

“You vampire. You bloodsucker.” Jiro gazed at me with the eyes of death. “You !” Jiro stabbed me with the dagger. The dagger Leo always threatened me with; the dagger with its intricate design and texture; it finally relaxed as my blood oozed out onto it's blade. Jiro pulled the dagger out.

“Ah…” I winced in pain, slowly stepping back. I could still feel the raw blade burning against my skin.

“I love you…” Jiro said. “I love you and yet you…” he bawled. “…you hid from me that you’re a vampire! You erased my memory! Everything!” Jiro screamed. “Was I just any mortal human you toyed with for fun?”

I cried with pain. I cried with love. I cried with suffering. “Jiro…” I began.

“You never loved me.” Jiro said.

"Make her hate you."

Jiro swallowed. “You want me dead, don’t you? You and your mother!”

Mother?

Jiro grabbed another dagger. “I’m going to live. It’s you who’s going to die!” He ran towards me manically and jabs the dagger into my heart, leaving it there.

“Ah!” I fell to my knee, trying to pull it from my chest.

"End it."

He shed a tear.

"END IT!"

BOOM!

Shot gun.

Jiro fell to the floor. His hidden gun smashed into pieces.

"Good boy..."

I pulled the dagger out of my heart. “Jiro?” I called. “Jiro?” I scooted my weak body towards his fallen body, numb to the pain throbbing in my chest.

Jiro smiled and looked at me, his trembling hand reaching towards my cheek, crying and laughing. “I’m never going to forgive you...”

He was gone.

I bawled. “JIRO!” I shook his body. I smeared the blood from my chest onto my palm and rubbed it into the inside of his mouth. “No,” I began. I shifted, biting my wrist, my own blood and gave my blood to him my mouth. He didn't awaken. I did it again.

“A person who was crimson-kissed once can’t be crimson-kissed again.” Leo said from behind.

I spun around, blood staining my teeth, blood dripping down my lips. “It wasn't you?” I asked. Silence. And I bawled.

“You suffered,” I began, crying. “I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry for the nightmares. I’m so sorry, Jiro.” I shook him again. “Jiro…”

Leo loaded a gun and held it to the middle part of the nape of my neck.

I lifted my head up, holding onto Jiro’s lifeless hand. Ready…until Leo fell to the floor. I spun around.

Alistair. He looked at me emotionless and said, “Take what’s left of Jiro and let’s get out of here.”

I shook my head. “I don’t want to kill him.”

“He’s already dead! Take him!”

The full moon uncovered itself from the clouds. Its light pierced through the windows and hit my skin. My arms started burning, smoke rising from my body.

I bawled, hugging Jiro’s body to myself. “I can’t take him.” I began cradling him. “Jiro…” I cried, looking at his pale face.

Alistair rushed over to Jiro’s side and sliced his nails into Jiro’s pulseless wrist.

“STOP!” I pulled Jiro’s hand away from him. I glared at him with the eyes of a vampire, warning him.

“Hyeri!” Alistair demanded.

I shook my head. “Please.” I pleaded. “I can’t let him go alone.” I told Alistair. “Please, Alistair. Let me go with him.”

And my body began dissolved into ashes starting from my leg up.

Jiro…I’m sorry Jiro.

And I hugged him one more time before I completely turned into dust.