Leo

Crimson Dreams

Leo.

Jiro's twin brother.

He inherited the blood of hunters.

I held back my grin as I saw him twitch and grimance in disgust. The scent of something so fowl to a hunter. The scent of a Pureblood.

What makes Jiro and his family of hunter so special is because they are samurais. 

Samurai vampire hunters.

This made Leo more keen to my scent and made him excuse himself from dinner.

Aside from Leo, no one in his family inherited the hunter's ability.

After dinner, Jiro took me back home.

As we kissed and said our goodbyes, I heard someone approaching me. After Jiro was nothing more than a dot in the distance, The footsteps came in closer. His scent poisoned the air and I spun around, eyes crimson red, fangs hanging out and in a position ready to pounce.

My father.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. "How did you find me?"

"Alistair told me." he said.

I laughed. "You had the gut to go ask Alistair where I am?" I smiled maniacally, fangs visible enough for him to see.

"Hyeri," he said softly. "I'm getting married."

My smiled disappeared and I stood up straight, shifting back to human form. "You came to find me for my approval?"

He hesitated, but nodded. "Yes."

I also hesitated, but also nodded. "Okay. Be happy. I hope you and your wife live a happy life. I wish you both health and prosperity throughout your short, mortal body and lifespan." After a few seconds of silence, I laughed. "Is that what you wanted me to say?" I asked. "Is that what you wanted to hear from me?" I stepped closer to him. "No matter where you are, no matter what you do, I wish you death and grief! A person like you don't deserve to be happy! Do you think I'll let you off that easy?! The pain! The hate! The loss! It's still in here!" I pounded in my chest. "I do not wish you happiness! I want you to die!"

"Hyeri," a feminine voice said from behind.

I quickly snapped back and realize there was a female figure hiding behind my father. His wife.

"Hyeri, you shouldn't speak to your father like that." she said.

"You," I began. "I advise you to not marry my father."

"I've made the decision to marry your father, Hyeri. I won't regret it. I know--"

"You knew what he did to my mother and yet you want to marry him?! He--!"

"Hyeri!" my father yelled.

"KILL ME JUST LIKE YOU DID MOM!" I screamed. "DO IT! YOU HAD THE CHANCE BEFORE! YOU ALWAYS HAD THE CHANCE WHEN I WAS LIVING WITH YOU! DO IT! I'M GIVING YOU THE CHANCE NOW! KILL ME LIKE YOU DID MY MOTHER!!!"

"HYERI!" he yelled again.

I shifted back into a vampire. "You will never get my blessings. You are not my father. I will not acknowledge you. I wish death upon both of you."

"Hyeri--"

"LEAVE BEFORE I KILL BOTH OF YOU!" I screamed.

His frightened wife was pulling his arm, saying his name countlessly to make him leave. But my father just looked at me in the eye as if he was about to cry. Then, he did the most unthinkable. He pulled away from his wife's grip and hugged me, crying. "Hyeri, never in my life have I stopped loving you. Even now."