December 9th Friday

365

Okay, thank god for this TV light. So I’m at Jongin’s and it’s 11:36pm. They all ended up passing out early because of the hype of the basketball game, and everything. I should be tired too, but I just can’t sleep and not write about my day because oh my god what a day.

It all started in the morning where I woke up to text from Yixing asking me to come over after school and get ready with him, which resulted in me throwing my clothes into a bag and my mom and dad coming into the room thinking there was a problem. I had explained to them the situation for today which they seemed okay with, but let’s be honest they probably wanted to talk about what to say and what not to say around me and they don’t want me to be around to hear it. Well anyways, after I was done packing, and getting ready I was gonna leave for school when there was a knock on the door. Zhang Yixing, bright and early with probably the most outstanding smile I had seen telling me to put my stuff in his car so we can drive to school together. On the way I guess it slipped his mind that we had to pick up Oh Sehun, which let’s just say his face had turned rock hard as soon as he laid his eyes upon me sitting in the front seat. He grumbled who knows what and sat in the back, the only person talking then was Yixing.

The rest of the day was normal except for them talking about the game and everything and about Yixing talking about how good his friend is and how much he has trained to get on the team

“He is absolutely amazing I swear, he probably didn’t even need to practice he is so good. You guys are going to love him!” Which Yixing kept failing to tell us his name until right before the game. Lu Han. Yixing said to call him Luhan or Lu, but said he will be coming to Jongin’s house with us tonight.

The game, well let’s just say if Luhan wasn’t on the team I’m pretty sure they would have lost. I was shocked to see it was blondie that I had seen practicing before. I swear this kid was so good I was in absolute awe. At the end of the game we split into two cars. Yixing, Jongin, Sehun, and I in one car, and Kris, Chanyeol, and Luhan in the other. It became a battle of who was going to sit in the front and who was going to sit in the back in Yixing’s car, okay, more like a battle of where I was going to sit.

“It’s not fair Yixing, I wanted to split a pretzel with Minseok, but you wouldn’t let me sit next to him and made me sit next to Kris. You made me lie to Minseok, he should sit in the back with me.” This was Jongin, who was practically pouting the entire time.

“Excuse you, I could have just gone with Minseok to the game and have not invited you, you should be happy that you even came along. I could have had the sleepover at my house, but no, you insisted you wanted to show Jongin your room and I agreed. So I think since we are sleeping at your house he should sit next to me in the car.” And here we have Yixing guilt tripping everyone in existence while looking innocent and cute.

Now, I’d never thought I would say this so soon, but Thank You Oh Sehun. He sat down in the front and said in a monotone voice. “Let’s go, everyone is probably already there and no one can get in the house without Jongin there.” Well let’s just say Jongin was happy to get his way and Yixing was pouting the whole ride only playing sad songs.

When we had arrived Sehun ended up being right, because outside the door Kris, Chanyeol, and Luhan were all waiting for Jongin to arrive. Jongin’s parents were apparently on a trip outside the country and Jongin was used to being home alone, but was glad to invite friends over.

Luhan had introduced himself to Sehun, Jongin, and I since we haven’t been properly introduced to him yet. After that we played some video games and ate some chicken and pizza. I’ve never played video games with people as I have stated before so I never knew if I was good or bad, but apparently I’m really good. Yixing pretty much was the only one not being competitive, as he just played more for fun, but it seemed as if Luhan and Sehun were gonna bite each other’s head off.

After Luhan winning the whole game and Sehun pouting and whining to Yixing, we watched some action movies. I was in between Luhan and Jongin on the couch. Jongin was curled up to my side already asleep and Luhan was watching the movie. Suddenly, about half way through the movie, when the group was already asleep or half asleep he turned to me

“Minseok, right?” I nodded my head at him. “I know this is a weird question for me to ask you, but did you ever happen to pass the academy? I just, I feel like I have seen you before.”  I nodded my head at him, you know I guess I should tell him the truth since he did see me.

“Yeah, I came by a couple of times and watched some of the people trying out. I noticed you, you were really good, I knew you were going to make it.” I don’t know what was going through my mind to tell him that I saw especially him, but I guess it was okay because he ended up smiling at me and telling me thanks. It was silent after that and shortly after Luhan had passed out.

And here I am now the only one awake, with Jongin’s head in my shoulder and Luhan’s legs thrown across Jongin and I. I should probably go to sleep, but I gotta move without waking them up, so wish me luck.       

Minseok