December 7th Wednesday

365

Today is another ty day. It all started when my alarm clock didn’t go off and instead I had my mom waking me up.

“Honey, I’m sorry I took your phone last night when you went to sleep. I knew you would want to go to school, but I want you to come with me when I pick up dad.”

So I was missing school and riding in the car when my mom remembered that, hey I still have your phone. It was turned off since she didn’t know my passcode to turn my alarm off. So when I turned it back on it started buzzing like crazy. 50 messages. That’s right, fifty messages between Yixing and Jongin. 42 from Yixing and 8 from Jongin to be exact. Jongin just asked where I was at and told me he missed me, he sent me pictures of his breakfast and said that lunch won’t be fun if I’m not there. When did he grow this attached to me? Yixing’s were more panicked, asking me if I was sick, am I in the hospital, why I wasn’t at school, if I got hurt, to text him back. I told Yixing the story about my mom and my phone and told him I was fine. Then I texted Jongin about how I didn’t eat yet so no pics, and that I won’t be going to school until tomorrow, and then sent him a pic of my pouty face.

Finally, and I mean finally we got to the airport, where it was busy as hell, busier than the school hallways, mom held onto me tight like I was a 5yr old child bound to get lost when in reality I’m a 16yr old boy who is capable to walk by himself. Well anyways we then waited about thirty minutes for the plane to land, and another 20 minutes for my dad to get off and get his luggage, only to be squeezed half to death by my dad saying he missed me so much. He didn’t mention the situation that was going on, but his bone crushing hug said it all.

We then proceeded to eat out at a fancy restaurant for lunch that I didn’t care about. The only good thing about the restaurant were the nice pics I sent to Jongin, but that was it. Dad talked about his work, and said that in a couple years he will be traveling to Europe and I should join him along. Cue the silence. OH GOD JOURNAL IT WAS SO AWKWARD, MY MOM’S EYES STARTED WATERING AND MY DAD STARTING STUMBLING OVER HIS WORDS, I JUST WANTED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL OR THE HOUSE. To stop this I took a bite of Dad’s food and told him it was good, and that he should eat it while it’s hot. The whole meal was silent after that.

When we arrived home I told them I’m going to bed early. Which means I should be sleeping. But it’s only 3pm and I’m just gonna play phone games now and then I’ll probably sleep. So goodnight to you if you can say that at this time.

Minseok