"You’re good at changing the subject."

Message Sending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui is bold.
Minghao is italics.
Jisoo is highlighted like this in honor of his peach hair phase 
(please let me know if this causes a problem in reading!)

[July 24, Sunday!!! WHAT A DAY!] 

(3:02PM) Uhm. 

(3:04PM) What? 

(3:05PM) Can I meet you?

(3:05PM) You’re kidding, right?

(3:05PM) I’m 

(3:06PM) Well, I’m not

(3:06PM) But I mean

(3:06PM) If you don’t want to

(3:06PM) You’re sending in bursts. This isn’t a good sign.

(3:07PM) We don’t have to 

(3:07PM) Woops, sorry.

(3:08PM) It was just a thought.

Junhui considered throwing the phone under his bed and never touching it again. Why did he send that? All it took was that one text before things got all awkward again. That was a pretty impulsive move on his part, much like everything else in his life. Throwing the phone meant never knowing what Minghao would reply though. Not knowing would probably kill him more than the embarrassment and nervousness would. Overall, he had to stop being so impulsive. 

The text was kinda dumb, too, because of course Minghao would find it weird. It really was just a thought, he did just happen to casually think about maybe finally meeting the person he’s texting. Things have been fun, maybe things could be fun in person too, they could be great friends. All the ridiculously fun teasing, banter, and jokes they seem to share so easily and naturally. 

Subtle flirting aside.

Really, Junhui just wanted a new friend. 

He needed help, he needed professional help, and that meant texting Jisoo about what he just did,  because he was always the more mature and responsible one in their group. He might get another lecture about what he just did, but Jisoo knew enough about Minghao by now (one would hope, at least) that he could ignore it and focus on actually helping Junhui.  It’s been so long, Minghao still hasn’t replied, and— oh, wait. 

(3:10PM) I don’t mind.

(3:10PM) What?

(3:11PM) Read it again. I don’t mind. But I have only known you for a few days. Clearly there must be something wrong with this. Stranger danger?

(3:11PM) You sound like Jisoo.

(3:11PM) We’ve already had a phone call. Multiple times.

(3:12PM) Twice.

(3:12PM) Multiple times.

(3:13PM) Plus you helped me and my friends with food problems, that has to mean you’re a good person.

(3:13PM) It’s you I’m worried about, really, I still think you must be a creeper.

(3:13PM) I am offended.

(3:13PM) As you should be.

(3:13PM) You’re good at changing the subject.

(3:14PM) Okay, you got me. I was kidding, for the creeper part.

(3:14PM) But?


(3:16PM) But it is still weird. Plus who knows if we even live near each other? Korea is large.

(3:16PM) That’s… true… I didn’t think that bit through.

(3:16PM)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter