"Wouldn't you like to know?"

Message Sending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui is bold.
Minghao is italics.
Jisoo is highlighted like this in honor of his peach hair phase.

[July 26, Tuesday, dun dUN DUNNN]  

(12:12PM) I made it to the wings place safely. 

(12:12PM) I hope you didn't worry too much. 

Junhui stepped into the establishment with his face practically buried in his phone, a small smile on his lips as he sent the text. He would have waited for a reply, but figured the other boy was probably too busy getting his hands dirty as he ate. He was too distracted by his thoughts to notice how one of the current cashiers stared at him with wide eyes and a small smirk; a smirk that easily became a welcoming smile once the blonde did look up and met his eyes. 

"Hi, welcome to Chickie's!" 

"Hey," Junhui greeted back, approaching the center cashier by reflex. The guy behind the counter wasn't a familiar face, so he made it a point to glance at the name tag—that read Jeonghan in neat handwriting—first before continuing, storing it in his head for another purpose later that day. He stared at the menu for a while as he attempted to have a small conversation. "Is Seokmin around today?" 

The guy named Jeonghan shook his head, "nah, called in for a change in schedule. Exams or something like that." 

"Ah, that makes sense.”

“You a friend?”

Junhui nodded, “yeah.”

Ending the small talk at that, he proceeded to order the set that came with a burger, wings, and drink, after which he was told to wait for it to be served. He took a quick glance around the place for an empty table, which surprisingly wasn't that hard to find despite the time. Usually there was a lunch crowd; maybe he was early for it. Other than a table of two boys and a family with a screaming kid, there were no other customers around. 

He took the table behind the boys instead, seating himself in a way that faced the door. Junhui had sent Jisoo a quick text about him coming over, mainly because he knew Jisoo had a break around this time. Partially because he's been trying to figure out who was the Chickie's worker that Jisoo found cute for weeks now, ever since he accidentally blurted it out to them. He's gone through a lot of names, but this Jeonghan guy felt like the right answer, if he knew Jisoo's type well enough. 

His phone chimed in his hand, causing him to quickly open it to read the new text.

(12:15PM) I didn't, but that's good to know. 

(12:15PM) I'm hurt you didn't worry for me. 

(12:15PM) You're old enough, Junhui. 

(12:16PM) Then why didn't you want me heading out to begin with? 

A clatter of utensils from the other table caught Junhui’s attention, as he looked up to see what it was about at the same time the boy who apparently dropped his fork did. They made eye contact, but it was quickly broken by the brown haired boy, who looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter