"We're still meeting, right?"

Message Sending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui is bold.
Minghao is italics.
Seungcheol is *bold and surrounded by asterisks.*

[Still July 27, Wednesday]  

(11:33AM) Are you in class?

(11:33AM) Will my answer change the outcome of this conversation?

(11:34AM) Never mind, the conversation won’t be happening either way now.

(11:34AM) Cruel as always, Minghao.

(11:34AM) Of course.

(11:35AM) Anyways, yeah, I am. 

(11:35AM) What time do you end?

(11:36AM) 12:30? Hopefully earlier, if the professor allows it.

(11:36AM) Alright. Listen in class then.

(11:36AM) Sure you don’t want to just text me out of my misery?

(11:37AM) Positive.

(11:37AM) You’ll come back, right?

(11:38AM) When have I ever not come back, Junhui?

(11:38AM) Right. Okay. Text you later. 

(11:38AM) Mhm.

 

There were a lot of people Junhui could contact when it came to problems in his life. He had his friends, all of which had their specific area of expertise. If it were general life problems, he’d go to Jisoo, who always had something to say about being certain and safe about life choices. If it were romance problems, Mingyu and Wonwoo felt like the best answer, seeing how they were a couple and all. They'd know how to deal with issues like that for sure. If it were anything under the sun, Seungcheol was occasionally helpful in that aspect, too. He usually gave much deeper responses to otherwise simple questions, but it was useful sometimes.

His problem with Minghao—if it was a problem at all, he really wasn’t sure—just didn’t seem to fall under any of those categories. 

It did involve his life, but nothing too serious that needed Jisoo’s meddling, even if the other boy was originally wary about Junhui’s “not-really-from-the-internet internet friend." He had grown used to Minghao’s presence on Junhui’s phone, even if the whole meet up thing still made him wary. They certainly weren’t a couple, by any means, even with all the texting and flirting. Was it close, though? Junhui still didn’t know. That only meant he had one option left to contact—the one least likely to make a big deal out of things. Hopefully the other boy knew the right things to say this time around instead of quoting movies.

 

(11:40AM) Hey, Seungcheol?

*(11:40AM) I told you, it’s S.Coups.*

(11:40AM) Didn’t we all agree we won’t call you that?

*(11:41AM) Except for during my games!!!*

(11:41AM) Yeah. Shoot those hoops, S.Coups.

*(11:41AM) Perfect.*

*(11:41AM) So what’s this about, Jun?*

(11:42AM) I have a kinda-problem.

*(11:42AM) You have a kinda-problem.*

(11:42AM) Yes.

*(11:43AM) Does Jisoo know about it?*

(11:43AM) Sorta? 

*(11:43AM) Mingyu? Wonwoo?*

(11:44AM) Yeah, I guess.

*(11:44AM) Must be more than just a kinda-problem if those guys couldn’t help you. *

*(11:46AM) I’m glad you came to me, Junhui, I feel really trusted. Even if I’m always busy with basketball practice, I’m glad our friendship never wavered. This means a lot to me.*

(11:47AM) Please no “leader” talks right now, Cheol. 

*(11:47AM) Alright, I won’t continue. Speak, and I shall listen.*

(11:48AM) Have you heard about Minghao?

*(11:48AM) Yeah, your internet friend.*

(11:48AM) Text friend, really.

*(11:49AM) Jisoo has mentioned him recently, I think. It didn’t sound like anything big to worry about.*

(11:49AM) It’s not anything big.

(11:49AM) I’ve just been a bit… confused?

*(11:50AM) Are you confused about being confused?*

(11:50AM) Okay, no, I’m sure I am confused. 

*(11:50AM) What about?*

(11:51AM) I’ve been texting with Minghao for less than a week, but it’s been really nice, like different from just texting a friend kind of nice. He’s fun to talk to, with all his wit and snark. 

(11:51AM) I’m also meeting him this Saturday, supposedly, at the game. 

(11:52AM) He goes to Pledis.

*(11:52AM) You can’t be in a relationship with someone from Pledis, Junhui. They’re our enemy.*

(11:52AM) Hey, that’s not fair! You can’t possibly take the rivalry thing that seriously.

*(11:53AM) No, I don’t. What I was checking was whether you’d notice the whole relationship part, but you didn’t bat an eye. So tell me, Junhui, do you like this guy already?*

(11:53AM) Oh.

(11:53AM) Oh, wow, you’re pretty good at this!

*(11:54AM) Thank you, thank you. I can't believe you doubted me.*

(11:54AM) Anyways, uhm, I don’t have a clear answer for that, either.

*(11:54AM) Is that what you’re confused about?*

(11:55AM) Yeah, actually. I mean, barely a few days is way too early to tell, right?

*(11:55AM) You want some honest advice, kid?*

(11:55AM) Seungcheol, we’re practically the same age.

*(11:56AM) Kid. Let me tell you something. Real talk.*

(11:56AM) Okay, sure.

*(11:59AM) I think what you’re experiencing isn’t exactly something just yet, but it’s the start of something. The start of something doesn’t have to take months to happen. Love at first sight takes a second. A small crush like this? Less than a week sounds understandable, even if it’s just been through te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter