"I have to stop using compliments around you."

Message Sending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bold is Junhui
Italics is Minghao

[July 21, Thursday] 

(6:30PM) Don't forget to buy pizza on the way back.

(6:31PM) What?

(6:32PM) Pizza. For dinner. 

(6:34PM) Mom? Did you change your number? I'm just in my room.

(6:34PM) Very funny, Wonwoo. I promise I'll pay you my share for the pizza. 

(6:35PM) Ah, now it makes sense. I'm not Wonwoo.

(6:36PM) What do you mean you're not Wonwoo don't try and get out of this, it's your turn to bring home food!!! 

(6:36PM) I'm not Wonwoo!!!

(6:36PM) Prove it!!!

(6:37PM) [picture sent] 

(6:37PM) You're definitely not Wonwoo. 

(6:38PM) That's what I've been saying.

(6:38PM) You're cute though. 

(6:38PM) Gee, thanks, glad to know my right eye is cute. 

(6:39PM) I'm serious. You can tell a lot about a person by their right eye. 

(6:39PM) Like how I'm not Wonwoo?

(6:39PM) Exactly. So, Not-Wonwoo, may I know who you are? 

(6:40PM) Shouldn't you focus on getting that pizza request to Wonwoo first? Like get his number right? 

(6:40PM) All taken care of, I contacted Mingyu and he's with Wonwoo, of course, and they're coming over soon. 

(6:40PM) Right. I'm going to pretend I know who those people are. Or who you are, for that matter. 

(6:40PM) I asked that question first.

(6:41PM) Fine. Fair enough. I'm not telling you then. 

(6:41PM) What do you mean you're not telling me? 

(6:41PM) You might be a creep. Or a kidnapper. 

(6:41PM) You already sent me a photo of your right eye, and now you're cautious?  

(6:41PM) Maybe it's not my eye.

(6:42PM) Sure. Would it help if I introduced myself first then? 

(6:42PM) Yes.

(6:42PM) Unfair.

(6:42PM) Life isn't fair. 

(6:42PM) Fine. My name is Junhui. 

(6:43PM) That's a nice name. 

(6:43PM) Thank you.

(6:43PM) Feels fake.

(6:43PM) Are you kidding me. 

(6:43PM) HAHA I am, actually. I'm Minghao. 

(6:44PM) Now that feels fake too. 

(6:44PM) That's my joke, where's your originality? 

(6:44PM) Sorry, Minghao. 

(6:44PM) Apology accepted, Junhui. 

(6:47PM) Well, the pizza's here. It was nice accidentally texting you, Minghao. 

(6:47PM) Same here, Junhui. Enjoy the pizza! 

 

"What's with the weird smile on your face?" 

"Nothing!"

Junhui quickly stopped grinning. He threw his phone underneath the a couch pillow, but Wonwoo noticed the action because really- that wasn't the first time Junhui tried to hide something under a pillow. It was his usual move. Which could only mean that Junhui was definitely hiding something. Junhui himself realized that he was being obvious about it when he saw the scheming look that passed between Wonwoo and Mingyu. Next thing he knew, Wonwoo had easily slipped his hand under the couch pillow and brought his phone out. Before Junhui could get a chance to grab the phone, it was tossed to Mingyu, who caught it nicely.

Junhui pouted, "that's not fair, guys."

Mingyu tutted and shook his head, "what's not fair, Junhui, is you hiding something from us. So what's in the phone?"

"It's really nothing," Junhui said simply. "I accidentally texted somebody else because I got Wonwoo's number messed up."

"You're smiling because you texted a stranger?" Wonwoo said, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't think you were this desperate for social contact."

"I'm not, it was just an accident. It won't happen again. Besides, he introduced himself to me, so he's no longer a stranger. His name is Minghao."

Wonwoo's incoming 'stranger danger' sermon about how Junhui shouldn't just go around texting random people was cut off by Mingyu loudly cooing, "aw, Junhui made a friend!" Which was all Junhui needed before quickly snatching his phone back from Mingyu, who made no more attempts to fight back. The Chinese boy rolled his eyes and playfully shoved Mingyu away, while Wonwoo continued to keep his look of disapproval. The phone then disappeared into Junhui's back pocket.

 

 

[July 22, Friday] 

(1:02PM) I think we're out of cereal. 

(1:04PM) Why are you thinking of cereal at 1PM in the afternoon? 

(1:04PM) I need to eat something for lunch. Buy some on the way home. 

(1:05PM) . . . 

(1:05PM) What? 

(1:05PM) Junhui. 

(1:05PM) Yes? 

(1:06PM) Who am I?

(1:06PM) What kind of question is that, Wonwoo? 

(1:06PM) Do I need to send you my eye again? 

(1:07PM) Wait a minute... Minghao? 

(1:07PM) Good morning. 

(1:10PM) Or well, afternoon. 

(1:11PM) Okay, I finally got Wonwoo's number correctly. Sorry about that. 

(1:11PM) No problem. 

(1:12PM) I'm saving your number too, just in case. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter