Cool Dad

Mean Boys {TEMP HIATUS}

By the time Friday finally rolled round, Yoongi was officially at the mercy of Jungkooks clique (fondly known by Hoseok as the plastics now) they had somehow claimed Yoongi as their ‘pet’ and he found himself following them around even if it was just for the gossip and the promise of Jimin’s number in another weeks time.

Things started getting really serious though when Yoongi found himself being stuffed into Jungkook’s rose gold convertible after fifth period that very Friday. Once Yoongi found himself seated in the back next to Taehyung on the plush cream leather seats he realised he couldn’t escape now.

Ugh.

‘So, how was your first week?’ Taehyung asked sweetly as he pulled out a compact and a lip gloss, smearing the pink glitter over his lips and smacking them ridiculously.

‘Yeah, it was good...’ Yoongi spoke nonchalantly as he picked at the rips on his jeans. ‘I’m thinking of joining the school’s band, y’know the more percussion based one-‘

‘No, no, no, you can’t do that!’ Jungkook spoke up as they pulled out of the school lot. ‘Becoming a music and band freak is social suicide, Gawd, you’re lucky you have us to guide you with all this!’ Jungkook tutted, clicking his nails on his steering wheel, Jin tutting along next to him like an impatient mother.

 

Oh !’ Jin suddenly cursed, flipping out his own mirror to hurriedly fix his glossy hair. Yoongi raised an eyebrow at the elder whilst Jungkook questioned the outburst.

‘It’s Namjoon!’ Hissed Jin through gritted teeth as he held up a hand to shield his face from outside, body sliding down his seat slowly. Jungkook clicked his tongue, searching the teens on the pavement for the certain offending person.

‘He’s with Amber? Ugh.’ Jin scoffed face scrunching unpleasantly. Yoongi sat up in his seat trying to find his friend in the crowd but entirely missing him in the mess of students happy for it to be Friday. What was Namjoon’s deal with Jin anyway? He made a mental note to quiz- no- interrogate the other later.

‘No! He cannot blow you off to go out with Amber Liu, no freaking way! He can’t do that!’ Jungkook snapped in outrage, grabbing his phone from the large white purse on his lap.

‘You’re not calling him?!’ Squeaked Jin, eyes turning into saucers and colour draining from his face as he grabbed at Jungkook’s arm.

‘Give me a ing break.’ Jungkook snapped, but dropped his phone back into his purse anyway.

He smirked though as he took a turn driving back past Namjoon and Amber who stood by the bike shed chatting. Jungkook rolled down his window, honking his horn and flipping the bird to the pair whilst Jin all but died in the passenger seat. As the car pulled back away leaving a confused Namjoon on the curb, Taehyung clapped excitedly, bouncing in his seat happily. Yoongi just sighed for the nth time that day.

 

***

 

‘, Jungkook, you have a nice house...’ Yoongi spoke in awe as he all but tumbled out the back of the car and into Jungkooks spacious driveway.

‘I know right!’ Jungkook laughed as he locked his car and started strutting across the cream paving slabs to the ing HUGE doorway surrounded by thick green shrubbery.

Yoongi followed the 3 boys, tripping and stumbling in his dirty boots whilst the others click clacked in their designer garb. To say that Yoongi didn’t belong there was an understatement. Jungkook had possibly the cleanest, tidiest, most expensive looking house that Yoongi had ever set foot inside before. It honestly wasn’t surprising.

‘I’m home!’ Called out Jungkook as he strode across the glossy marble floor of the entrance hall, he tossed his coat on the nearest chair, undoing the top button of his shirt and checking his hair in a floor length mirror situated by a ing HUGE staircase. Yoongi was overwhelmed as he followed Tae and Jin to put his boots by the doorway they just came in.

‘Honey pie! You’re home! T G its Friday, amiright?’ Came the response as a man came bustling down the nearest corridor, pink apron wrapped round his waist and flour in his hair.

‘Dad, this is Yoongi.’ Jungkook said uninterested as he picked up (what Yoongi assumed) was his scrawny rat of a dog. He petted the fluffy rat dog and cooed loudly along with an excited Tae.

‘Oh, hi, there! I'm Jungkook’s father, but you can call me Junmyeon!! And if you’re wondering, yes, single father, and I'm loving the single life! Honestly so much freedom!’ Laughed Junmyeon as he attempted to ruffle his son’s hair (a big no-no) before turning back to Yoongi with a sudden intense stare.

‘Never marry.’ He said once before laughing, eyes crinkling at the corners.

‘If you guys ever need anything don’t be afraid to ask ok? I'm not like all the other dads Yoongi; I'm like a cool dad, and Mom, best of both worlds hey?’

‘Please stop talking’ Said Jungkook heading off up the thickly carpeted staircase, rat still clasped in his arms.

‘I'm gonna finish fixing you guys up some snacks, special Friday snacks, ok?’ Junmyeon called as the boys traipsed upstairs, his voice falling to deaf ears.

‘In case you’re wondering. Yes, he cried himself to sleep.’