Plastic Claws

Mean Boys {TEMP HIATUS}

‘Watch out please! New meat coming through!’ Yelled Hoseok as he clung to Yoongi’s arm and all but dragged him through the corridor.

Yoongi smacked into a few people on his travels but the three managed to make it outside without any incidents and with their faces still intact. Yoongi barely had time to look around at his new surroundings in the bright sun before he was being herded over to a patch of grass under some trees by, what appeared to be, the sports field.

Yoongi watched as Hoseok and Namjoon sprawled out on the grass, tossing their bags to the side and fumbling for packets of cigarettes. It took Yoongi a few seconds to realise they weren’t going to be going to social health class today.

‘Smoking’s really bad for you’ Yoongi muttered as he tried not to think about the fact he was bunking off on his first day. Instead he joined the pair on the grass, adding his backpack to the pile they created.

Hoseok just leaned back in the grass throwing his head back to the sun.

‘Eh, it keeps me thin’ Hoseok joked as he took a long drag before tossing the cancerous stick away anyway.

Looking back over to the double doors they burst out of only minutes before, Yoongi saw the last few students stream in and out and heard the final bell ring, the metallic noise muffled as the doors thudded shut.

‘Guess I’ll never know what today’s health and social class was about’ Yoongi sighed leaning back on his elbows and tilting his face back into the sun like Hoseok.

(Really he should be quite grateful that he didn’t end up going as the entire hour long class literally consisted of Mr Yoon waving condoms around and telling the students that leads to death)

The three had been sat in the grass for about 5 minutes talking about dumb things like when the school dances were and what calculus classes they were all in when the P.E class came pouring out onto the playing field. It was safe to say that the boys on the grass heard the class before they actually saw them due to the enormous amount of screaming and swearing that suddenly resonated over the once peaceful field.

‘In the name of all that is Gay. Look at Kim Taehyungs’ gym clothing.’ Hoseok suddenly said, sitting up and paying close attention to the class emerging.

‘Yikes’ Muttered Namjoon as he too turned around.

Yoongi followed their gazes lazily as he focussed on the boy they were talking about. The boy in question was skipping about the field in these tiny shorts and a gym top that was probably like three sizes too small (it was honestly more of a crop top). The boy grinned excitedly trying (and failing) to catch the ball that was thrown in his direction. Instead it just kind of bounced of his soft silvery hair and went flying the other way while he giggled.

‘How are those shorts even comfortable?’ Namjoon asked as he squinted at the boy in question.

‘I don’t know but thank the lord-‘Started Hoseok as he fanned himself with his hands.

‘Calm your gay Hoseok, seriously.’ Namjoon said as Hoseok just stuck out his tongue. ‘As you can see Yoongi, that kid over there is Kim Taehyung or Tae, self pronounced hoe and harmlessly dumb. Also, Hoseok totally has the hots for him-‘

‘Yah’ Hoseok sighed; not even attempting to deny anything as he practically drooled everywhere.

Yoongi just laughed and followed Namjoons’ pointed finger as he continued speaking.

‘And that one over there, you see? That’s Kim Seokjin, pretty designer princess who won’t own anything unless it’s Gucci or doused in glitter’

(Yoongi swears he saw Hoseok nod in approval of those fashion choices)

‘Huh, no Jungkook today? I wonder who he’s off ing...’ Namjoon pondered, speaking to himself as he scanned the field in the search of the mystery Jungkook.

Hoseok just shrugged, standing up and brushing off his skinny jeans. ‘Dunno, we should scarper though, before Mr Lee sees us’ Hoseok muttered glancing in the direction of the small P.E teacher who seemed to be rounding up his class like some weird human sheep dog.

Once again, before he could even say anything, Yoongi found himself being dragged away by both arms back into the school building. He’s not so sure he’s gonna enjoy public school, especially if it continued giving him whiplash like this.

 

***

 

 

It was around the time of 3rd period, just before lunch, when things started getting infinitely better for Yoongi.

This brightness to his day occurred in the shape of Park Jimin.

Park Jimin.

Even his name was beautiful.

Park Jimin, the ridiculously small and cute boy that sat in front of him in calculus had somehow got Yoongi whipped within seconds. The boy had luscious black hair (like seriously, what conditioner does this kid use?) sparkling eyes, a wide smile and the cutest little cheeks. It took one glance for Yoongi to be totally enamoured with the kid, like seriously, is this guy even human?!

In his utter desperation to talk to this guy in some way, Yoongi had found himself tapping on his shoulder and ask for a pencil to borrow even though he like 3 in his pocket. Jimin had smiled saying ‘sure’ and handed over a perfectly sharpened pencil before turning back round.

Yoongi kinda wanted to faint. He’d been so close to fainting that he suddenly started when the teacher asked him for the answer for question number 5. Yoongi just froze, choosing to do an impression of a goldfish instead of answer. It was only when Jimin turned around and mouthed ‘17’ to him that he snapped out of it. ‘17’ He said quickly as the teacher smiled and turned back to the board.

Yoongi sank back in his seat in relief running a hand through his hair before daring to look up again. When he looked up he didn’t regret it one bit as Jimin still hadn’t turned around and was instead just smiling sweetly at him over thick framed glasses that Yoongi swore hadn’t been there earlier. (He wasn’t complaining or anything, in fact, quite the opposite) Yoongi mouthed a quick ‘thank you’ shyly smiling as Jimin gave him a thumbs up with his small hands as a response.

Yoongi pondered if it was possible to be in love when you only just met the person.

 

***

 

‘Hello there!’

Yoongi looked up from the tray he was carrying to stare at the girl who dared block his path.

‘What?’ He snapped, enjoying the way her smile sank slightly before appearing twice as bright.

‘You’re Yoongi right? We have calculus together, I noticed you were struggling a bit, I could tutor you?’ She asked sweetly, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet, shoes clicking annoyingly on the linoleum.

‘No thanks, I’m not stupid.’ He said shortly, attempting to go round her but finding himself without sufficient room between the tables. He sighed heavily and cursed in every language he could possibly think of.

‘No! I don’t think you’re stupid, I just want to be friends-‘She started to try and explain when she was cut off by a voice from a nearby table.

‘Is she bothering you?’ Asked the voice as Yoongi turned to the table.

He immediately recognised Taehyung and Seokjin from the gym class earlier, but it wasn’t either of them who were speaking, rather the guy in between them. The guy speaking sat with his head propped on one hand, hair thick and dark (though not as nice as Jimin’s) skin smooth and tan, features soft and seemingly younger than the other two. The lunch tray sat untouched on the table in front of him as he raised an eyebrow at Yoongi and turned to speak to the girl again.

‘God Hana why are you such a ?’ Asked the boy and Yoongi watched as the girls face crumpled and her eyes became glossy.

He couldn’t help but roll his eyes slightly as her bottom lip wobbled as she sniffled slightly in embarrassment.

‘I'm not-‘ She feebly started.

‘So what exactly were your intentions here?’

‘I was just being friendly-‘

‘Yes, well we all know how friendly you can be Hana and he doesn’t want it ok?’

‘Well how do you know!’ Hana yelped crossing her arms angrily across her chest and stomping her foot like a 5 year old.

The boy now turned to Yoongi sympathetically.

‘Do you want to have with Hana here?’ He asked simply, smiling at the way Yoongi scrunched his face up and muttered a quick ‘ no’

‘See, sweetie, run along!’ The dark haired boy said waving her away.

Once she was gone, Yoongi turned to the three sat at their table and muttered a thanks as he made to move, still clutching his tray tightly.

‘Don’t be silly honey, sit with us!’ The boy said staring at Yoongi in a way that made him kinda uncomfortable but he obliged anyway.

He slid into the bench opposite the three like he was on the ing apprentice or something and hesitantly started his lunch. He could feel the eager eyes of Namjoon and Hoseok on his back as they sat across the hall and he rolled his shoulders awkwardly.

‘My names Jungkook by the way, this is Tae and Jin. Why have I never seen you round before?’ Spoke Jungkook in a soft and friendly manner as he sipped at his pink juice box.

‘Oh, um, it’s my first day at school, like, ever today. My name’s Yoongi and I just moved here from America you see-’ Yoongi explained watching the eerily blank faces of Taehyung and Jin as they smiled at him.

‘Oh my gawd-’ Jungkook drawled, cutting him off ‘-America? That’s totally awesome!’ He said, leaning in.

‘Yah, If you’re from America then why aren’t you white?’ Taehyung drawled slowly, eyes slightly unfocused on a spot behind Yoongi’s ear as he thought this concept through in his head.

‘Tae!’ Jin snapped, slapping the others arm across the table ‘You can’t just ask people why they aren’t white!’ Jin dramatically chastised in a failed attempt at whispering.

‘Sorry, could you give us just one minute?’ Jungkook said sweetly before pinching both Tae and Jin’s ears, dragging them closer to whisper behind his hand to them.

Yoongi just sat awkwardly, lunch cold and gross in front of him while the 3 boys whispered to each other, a mixture of giggles and dramatic gasps. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the 3 broke their huddling and shifted back to face Yoongi (who’d been balancing his spoon on his nose out of boredom)

‘Now we don’t do this very often-‘Jungkook started.

The spoon slipped from Yoongi’s nose and clattered on the table.

He ignored it like it totally hadn’t just been stuck to his face a few minutes previously.

‘Anyway... This is like a really big deal, ok?’ Jungkook said eyes wide and earnest as he rested his hand on Yoongi’s.

Yoongi resisted the urge to flinch away.

‘We’d like to invite you to eat lunch with us! For the rest of the week!’ Finished Jin as he twirled his hair around his fingers, pink nails glittering fabulously in the process.

‘Oh...ok...’ Started Yoongi, sliding his palm out from under Jungkooks and hiding both hands under the table.

‘Great. So we’ll see you tomorrow.’ Jungkook said, no room for arguments.

Yoongi settled for groaning inwardly and mentally cursing his life. Surely things couldn’t get any worse than these 3 guys sinking their pretty claws into him on the first ing day? Oh, but things could get worse.

Tae opened his mouth.

‘On Wednesdays we wear pink!’

 

 

 

 

Yoongi seriously considered putting his head through the ing table.

 

 

 

 

A/N  GUESS WHO'S BACK Y'ALL