Meet Dumb and Dumber

Mean Boys {TEMP HIATUS}

 

6:30 AM

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The incessant ringing of the alarm clock pierced through the silence of the cluttered room disturbing the human shaped lump on the bed.

‘...’ Yoongi groaned as he rolled over, body tangled in the warm sheets, arms pinning to his sides as he twisted over.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The alarm continued its shrill ringing as Yoongi forced his way out of his mound, grabbing the clock from the bedside table and tossing it across the room. He flinched as he heard the device smack the wall with a dull thud, no doubt breaking and chipping the walls paint. He’d been in his new house one night and was already tearing it apart.

‘ my life...’ He sighed as he fell back onto his pile of sheets, eyes sliding closed again despite the sun that shone brightly through his curtain-less windows.

 

 

 

‘Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi hyung!’ A shrill voice screeched in his ear, giggling loudly before an immense weight was sat on Yoongi’s chest.

Yoongi huffed loudly at the weight, eyes snapping open to meet the round face of his younger brother Minjun who sat firmly on his chest.

‘What do you want? Get off me you brat!’ Groaned Yoongi sleepily attempting to push off the lump of a child.

‘You gotta get up, you’re gonna be late for schoooool!’ Sang Minjun, crawling off his chest and sliding out of the room squealing as his slippy socks went along the wooden floor boards.

Yoongi was all ready to just pretend that never happened and go back to sleep when his brothers’ words registered in his mind and he was jumping up faster than an electrocuted porcupine. He slid around his cluttered room finding clothes to wear before glancing at the cracked screen of his alarm clock that was by the far wall. The blinking LED screen showed the time 7:42 AM

‘No,no, no!’ Yoongi yelped as he continued finding his school things all tucked away in the boxes he hadn’t even bothered to unpack the previous night. After he was dressed in clothes that were suitable enough and easy enough (literally a T and jeans) Yoongi was thundering his way downstairs, swinging off the banister before sliding into the kitchen.

He searched through the cluttered work top and grabbed a box of cat food for his cats Mina and Jisu (they held priority in this household) before he was tipping the contents out into their bowls by the back door. Yoongi had to pause in his actions as the troublesome cats came skidding in, bouncing off each other and hissing around Yoongi’s feet.

‘Yah! Knock it off!’ He hissed back at them, grabbing them by the scruffs of their necks and pulling them apart just as Minjun came running in all ready for preschool and grabbed onto his leg.

‘Appa! Appa!’ Minjun yelled loudly, grip tight on Yoongi’s leg.

‘Hey! I’m not your appa, now scram!’ Yoongi said, holding the cats out and attempting to drop them on his brothers’ head. Minjun ran off screaming as he was chased by the two felines whom Yoongi was pretty sure were possessed.

Yoongi ran a hand hurriedly through his hair as he glanced at the clock on the oven 7:50 AM.

, school starts in 20 minutes!

Yoongi grabbed a banana as he legged it out the back door, backpack hanging off one shoulder but was stopped as soon as he got out the door.

‘Yoongi, sweetie! Let me take a photo of you on your first day!’ Cooed Mrs. Min as her and her husband stood by the Jeep parked in the drive way.

‘Do you have to?’ Yoongi groaned, just wanting to leave already.

‘Of course we do! It’s our baby boys first day-‘Started Mr Min as he wrapped his arm around his wife’s shoulder.

‘Now smile!’ Mrs Min cheered excitedly holding her small camera up before snapping at least 30 photos of the grimacing Yoongi.

‘K, can we go now?’ Yoongi grumbled pushing past his parents and jumping up into the back seat of the jeep, scowl permanently on his face.

‘Oh Honey, our babies growing up’ Mrs Min said, flicking through the pictures and sniffling a little.

‘Don’t you start crying, you’ll set me off...’ Yoongi watched in distaste as his parents stood in the drive sniffling over the pictures they took.

 

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, it’s not liked he’d died or something, he was just starting school for the first time.

As much as Yoongi disliked seeing his parents sob like that he could kind of understand where they were coming from. He had spent the first 16 years of his life travelling round Europe and America visiting each and every city and state they could before his parents decided that travelling with a three year old and a moody teenage son was no longer a good idea as they struggled to be tutored together. After many conversations the Min family had finally decided to take a break from all the moving around and to settle back in Daegu, Mr Mins’ hometown. The move had been a big deal but Mr and Mrs Min were happy to be settling finally, taking up jobs writing books about their travels in Europe, America and Africa from the times before they had kids.

Yoongi sighed to himself as Minjun clambered into the seat next to him, babbling on about how he was going to make friends at preschool as his parents finally started up the jeep and they were off at last.

Goodbye Home Tutoring, Hello Daegu High School.

 

***

 

‘Hey, dude! Get the out the road!’

‘Sorry!’ Yoongi yelled to the bus driver who had very nearly run him over as he hopped out his parent’s jeep. The bus driver just shook his head and continued pulling up to the school to let out a swarm of kids.

‘Are you sure you’ll be ok honey?’ Asked his mother as she twisted in her seat to see him.

‘I’ll be fine ma, see you guys later. Bye Minjun!’ Yoongi muttered, slamming the door and looking before crossing the road to the high school.

The school was big and intimidating but Yoongi didn’t let that bother him as he climbed up the steps to the entrance. A few people gave him looks as he traipsed in through the door, bag banging of his back and hair dishevelled but he paid no attention, instead choosing to head to the reception desk.

 

***

 

Yoongi looked at the numbers on the classroom doors until he reached D23 his ‘homeroom’ class. He sighed as he came up to the door before pushing his way in and standing at the front of the classroom. It was clear that the homeroom teacher hadn’t actually arrived yet as well as half the students as the few that were dotted round sat on the tables laughing loudly and chatting. Yoongi stood awkwardly, unsure of what to do when a brightly dressed girl came bouncing up to him ing out a hand to shake.

‘Hi! I’m Yongsun! You must be the new guy, um, Yoongi right? I’m head of the student council so I know these things...’ She rambled excitedly with a pearly white smile as Yoongi continued to ignore her extended hand and fight the urge to shade his eyes from the brightness she seemd to radiate.

‘You’re not much of a talker huh?’ She asked tilting her to the side ‘Well, that’s ok-‘ She continued, placing her hand on Yoongi’s arm only to have it quickly slapped away.

‘Don’t touch me.’ He muttered, staring her down as her eyes grew wide and (slightly) scared as she nodded apologetically and went back to her friends quickly.

Yoongi smiled triumphantly only to hear someone laugh loudly a few seats away. He turned around, to find two guys sat together and watching him. The first guy seemed tall and was hunched at his desk, beanie tucked behind his ears as he nudged his slightly smaller friend who had a wide smile, floppy hair and dimples. Yoongi frowned in their direction, unsure as to why they were laughing at him and chose to take a seat instead. Finding himself spoilt for choice he goes for one near the front of the classroom, easy enough.

‘You don’t want to sit there.’ The first boy, the tall one, said spinning a pen in his fingers and leaning back in his seat.

Yoongi stops moving to that seat, frowning at the boys before going for one a bit further from it.

‘You don’t want to sit there either’ The boy said again while his friend continued to giggle next to him.

Yoongi shot him a questioning look and the tall guy shrugged.

‘Jonghyun’s gonna arrive in a few minutes with his boyfriend and no doubt start making out at the desk next to that one, I wouldn’t risk it’ The boy explained, watching as Yoongi just gave in and sat next to the two boys instead.

‘Thanks’ He muttered to the pair as he let his backpack slide to the floor.

‘So you’re the newbie that Mr Choi was taking about last week, hmm, you’re cute.’ The boy with dimples said, resting his head on his hand.

‘That’s Hoseok, he’s almost too gay to function.’ Said the beanie guy who received a smack to the back of the head for that statement.

‘And I’m Namjoon-‘Started beanie guy again before a teacher with slicked back blonde hair was rushing into the classroom behind a group of students.

‘Where is your teacher?’ He asked, scanning the classroom in confusion.

‘Ok, I’m late, but at least I'm here!’ Spoke a guy that almost instantly came strolling in behind him. ‘Oh hey Jackson, I mean Mr Wang, fancy seeing you here!’ The teacher chirped and Yoongi watched in amusement as he dropped his satchel on the desk and knocked over his pencil pot.

‘You’re kidding me...' The blonde teacher, Mr Wang, muttered before turning to the class that were slowly settling down. ‘I just came in to say that we have a new student today, Min Yoongi, from America...’

The students all looked around till they found Yoongi who chose to slouch low in his seat trying to blend into his chair.

‘Huh, doesn’t look American...’ Someone behind him mumbled and Yoongi spun around.

‘That’s cos I'm not you fu-‘ He started before stopping upon realising the whole class was watching, including the teachers.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and sat back round properly, not missing the way Hoseok and Namjoon could barely control themselves next to him.

‘Well anyway...’ Mr Choi started ‘Welcome to our school Yoongi, and thank you Mr Wang’ Mr Wang nodded turning to leave.

‘You gotta be on time ok Youngjae?’ He said quietly and offhandedly as he left the classroom shaking his head.

 

‘So where are you first?’ Namjoon asked turning to Yoongi once the class started chatting again (he’s pretty certain the teacher had just decided to take a nap at his desk anyway)

‘Umm, Health and Social in C4?’ Yoongi muttered unsurely glancing at his rumpled timetable he’d stuffed in his jacket pocket earlier.

‘Oh yeah, that’s in C block out back’ Namjoon said as Hoseok nodded enthusiastically.

‘We’ll take you’

 

 

***

 

 

A/N

GOD.

Ok, so i wanted to start this a little while back but forgot about it till today and started it in a spur of the moment. I have no clue what i just wrote but i hope its easy enough to read. Let's just see where the leads. Also, I honestly couldn't resist adding a few different band members as background characters (there will probs be lots of that) I'll probably try and update again in a short while, so yeah!