Ex-boyfriends Off Limits

Mean Boys {TEMP HIATUS}

Yoongi didn’t know what possessed him.

He must’ve been drunk or high to ever have followed this plan through (he was drunk—on love)

Maybe that was how he found himself,on Wednesday, sat in the cafeteria opposite Jin and Taehyung, Hoseok’s pink bomber jacket draped over the back of his chair. He glared at it slightly recalling how happily Hoseok had forced him into it, the weird silky pink fabric too big for him. He looked like one of the pink ladies from Grease for s sake.

‘-you can wear Skinny jeans any day, any other kind of pants only on Friday and shorts are for Thursdays in the summer ONLY. As for t-shirts, as long as they’re cute, you can wear them Monday, Tuesdays. Button downs can be for whenever as long as they are white, pink or black-‘

Yoongi regretted tuning back into the conversation.

Jin, dressed in a neatly ironed pink shirt, sleeves rolled up, had taken it upon himself to rattle off all the rules that their little ‘group’ had in place. It was boring as and Yoongi couldn’t care less about what he wore, he just grabbed something from the floor most days.

‘-If you break any of these rules then you’ll have to go sit with the art freaks or something-‘ Jin said, gesturing with his fork at Namjoon and Hoseok’s table.

Upon seeing the three looking over Namjoon waved at Yoongi, winked at Jin and turned back around. Yoongi frowned slightly. What?

Yoongi snapped his head back in Jin’s direction seeing how his cheeks had changed to the lightest pink under the layer of concealer he wore. Jin stomped his foot under the table and flipped his hair slightly. ‘-moving on.’ He continued ‘-we always vote before asking somebody to have lunch with us, you have to be considerate to everyone in the group you see.’

Taehyung nodded enthusiastically as he nibbled on a strawberry, the two tiny ponytails he wore that day bobbed up and down on his head.

‘- I mean you wouldn’t go to buy a shirt without asking your friends if it would look good on you!’

‘I wouldn’t?’ Yoongi muttered, picking at the fries on his plate.

Duh! And it’s the same with guys, or girls. You might think you like someone, but you could be wrong.’

Yoongi had a strong urge to laugh but Jin’s face told him otherwise.

‘Have you seen anyone you think is uber cute yet?’ Tae giggled, leaning across the table conspiringly, grinning widely.

‘I don’t kno-‘Started Yoongi before he was cut off.

‘Yes you do! I can see it on your face! Who is it, who is it?’ Yoongi flinched as Tae grabbed his shoulders and started shaking, much like Hoseok had the day previously.

‘Yah! Get off! You’re making a scene...’ Hissed Yoongi glaring at the few people who had glanced over at them. ‘And fine, yes, there is this one guy...’

Guy? Nice...’ Jin nodded approvingly as the two boys leaned in like weirdly sparkly pink predators.

‘His names Park Jimin he’s in my Calcu-‘

No!’

‘No, no, no!’

The two boys suddenly yelped, Tae even slapped a hand over Yoongi’s mouth. Yoongi grimaced as he accidently the others moisturizer covered palm.

‘You can’t like Park Jimin!’ Hissed Jin, looking over his shoulder for any sign of Jungkook or anyone else listening in. ‘He’s Jungkook’s ex-boyfriend!’

‘They dated for a month!’ Tae helpfully added, unclamping his hand from Yoongi’s mouth.

‘Jimin broke up with Jungkook for no reason!’

‘Well...Jungkook did cheat on him...’

Regardless!’ Jin snapped at Tae, hands held up ‘ Ex-boyfriends are off limits. Don’t worry Yoongi, I will NEVER tell Jungkook what you said, it’s our secret. Right Tae?’

Taehyung just nodded, eerily solemn.

 

***

 

Last period calculus.

Thank the Lord.

Yoongi thought as he leaned his chin on his palm, end of his pencil tucked between his teeth as he stared at the back of Park Jimin’s wonderful head.

Park Jimin, who’s dark hair was swished so perfectly, reading glasses perched on his nose and grey sweater tugged over his hands in sweater paws. He was the human embodiment of cute.

The words of Jin and Tae from earlier, buzzed around his head but he honestly couldn’t think to be bothered about their helpful warnings. Yoongi was allowed to like whoever the he wanted. Its not as if Jungkook could read his mind (and if he could then boy, was he ed) Yoongi sighed slightly in exasperation, chewing on his pencil and not paying attention to his work. He really wanted to talk to Jimin again. But let’s face it, he was totally completely and utterly terrible at small talk. It would take a miracle.

Coincidently enough, that miracle happened as Yoongi went to leave class. The bell just went as the teacher had finished up reading the answers for the work to the class. Yoongi had inwardly cheered as the shrill ring filled his ears and he jumped to his feet, stuffing all his into his bag. He made a move to follow the rest of the class out the door when he heard a slight yelp and a thud from behind him.

He turned around out of curiosity and boy was he glad he did.

Park Jimin, knelt on the floor gathering together numerous sheets that had burst free from his binder. Yoongi, ever the opportunist, rushed back over and crouched down, fumbling for the sheets as well. Jimin looked up at the new pair of hands helping him out and he smiled sweetly at Yoongi.

Now is not the time for a heart attack goddammit.

‘Thank you...’ Jimin spoke softly, stacking the sheets he held and taking the rest from Yoongi’s hands.

Did their hands brush? Hell yes.

‘It’s no problem!’ Yoongi smiled as they both stood. Finding himself face to face with the Park Jimin, he hurriedly brushed his hair out of his eyes in a way he hoped looked at least half decent. Jimin just giggled at the nervous boy in front of him before grabbing his own backpack, broken binder tucked firmly in his arms.

‘I need to get a new one, pronto!’ Jimin continued, laughing as he watched Yoongi expectantly. Yoongi just laughed too, awkwardness flowing in as he realised they were alone in the classroom now.

‘...It’s Yoongi, right?’ Jimin suddenly asked eyes wide and curious as he tried in vain to hold their conversation just that little bit longer.

‘Yeah!’ Yoongi said, letting out the breath he’d been holding in.

‘I’m Park Jim-‘

‘I know’

Pause.

‘I mean, like, I know your name, so like, it’s on the register, , I'm not creepy, I promise!’ Yoongi rambled on whilst Jimin watched in amusement.

‘Well then, I'm-not-creepy-Yoongi, thank you for helping me out, I’ll see you tomorrow?’ Jimin asked as he made his way over to the door tucking his reading glasses into his sweater pocket. Yoongi just nodded, swallowing thickly.

‘See ya!’ Jimin chirped and then he was gone. Yoongi collapsed onto the nearest desk; he reached a hand to his chest.

God what was wrong with him, he was going totally crazy.

 

A/N So NTC DREAM is now a thing. Not gonna lie, the song is growing on me...