Welcome to the World of Bangtan

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Jungkook’s POV -

 

Two days have passed since I’ve seen Yerin’s evil and unpleasing face and I don’t if I’m more relieved or more nervous considering I have to complete a mission involving her. Today, we go back to work and I’m feeling quite tense about meeting with the Boss about the progress I’ve made so far, which is absolutely none. Thankfully, today’s the day he’ll inform the other boys about the mission so that might help a bit.

 

I got ready, dressing in all-black attire. I hopped in my car and drove to the warehouse quickly before I was late, again. The other boys leave earlier than I do because they're older and more experienced meaning they’re usually given more intense missions. Some missions require more time so sometimes they don’t come home until about a week later.

 

I entered the warehouse to find Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jin panting, their clothes soaked with blood and sweat. Namjoon’s left fist was busted open and he had a bunch of bruises on his face, Taehyung had a black eye and his upper left lip was completely swollen, and Jin’s forehead was dripping blood from a wound that seemed to need stitches. 

 

“Tough day, huh, Rapmon-hyung?” I asked. Some of us have gang names, which we only like to call each other if it’s just us around. Namjoon is Rapmon, Taehyung is V, Yoongi is Suga, and Hoseok is Jhope.

“You bet.” He took a towel and began wiping his face. He sat down on the dusty floor and stretch his long legs out. “The other guys almost beat us to it again, but luckily Jin-hyung decoded the message quickly.” Unfortunately, we’re not the only gang around the area. There are multiple gangs, ones that have been our rivals for years. We always have to compete with them. They’ve taken out some of our best men and we’ve taken out some of theirs. It’s a constant battle that we need to fight, but we learn to deal with it and move on.

 

The three boys took a quick shower and helped each other to patch up their wounds. After they finished, our group of seven met up in the huge meeting room located on the second floor of our warehouse. We sat around the huge brown table and waited for our Boss to come in.

 

“Hello, Bangtan Boys. Glad you’re all here.” He walked in, stomping his feet as he came through the door. Although he’s been our Boss since the beginning, he still terrified us, even Rapmon who was our fierce and indestructible leader. Even on hot days he gives us the chills.

 

The meeting went on as usual. The Boss comes in, explains the mission, hands out files, and leaves us to it. He basically doesn’t do much but control us. But that’s what a boss does right? I was lucky that he didn’t expect too much from me yet, but he still reminded that he would call to check up on us. 

 

“So, what I’m hearing is… We have to help Yerin… Fall in love… With you?” Jimin pointed his finger at me. “HAH!” Everyone burst out into laughter.

 

“Please! I’ve known Yerin for years and I can guarantee that she’s not gonna fall in love with you easily. I mean look at you.” Taehyung scanned me up and down. 

 

“What’s that suppose to mean?! If anything, she’s the one who’s not easy to fall in love with!” I shouted, offended. I felt heat travel from the tips of my toes all the way up to my head.

“I don’t know, man. She’s really sweet and funny,” Jhope raised both of his eyebrows.

“Don’t forget pretty,” Jimin chimed in. I almost threw up at the sound of that. I just cant stand her at all.

“Yahhhhhhhh!” Everyone agreed.

“Pfft! What do you mean by sweet and funny?! She’s a klutz and she’s definitely not my type. Plus, she’s irritating and can’t take a joke,” I countered.


“Kookie, you’ve only known her for like a week. Plus, on movie night she was really nice to you!” Jin said. Everyone nodded in agreement. It irritated me how they all seemed to agree with each other and I’m the only one who’s against them. How do they not see through her angelic mask?

 

“Yeah! And she also cooked us breakfast the next morning,” Suga added.

 

“Her breakfast burritos we’re bomb.

 

“Pfft, I’ve tasted better,” I mumbled. “Whatever. Just help me get through this mission as quick as possible. I don’t wanna have see her face ever again,” I told them. After this mission, I won’t ever have anything to do with her, hopefully.

“You’re just saying that now, Kookie. But watch. Maybe you’ll be the one to fall in love with her.” Taehyung put his arm on my shoulder and I shook it off.

“Hah! The chance of that happening is one in a million.” I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. “I just don’t understand why I have to be the one to complete this mission. Why can’t one of you guys do it? I wish I had a choice to accept or decline missions,” I confessed.

“Welcome, first time with BTS?” Rapmon said. You can hear the Rapmon sarcasm in his voice. “We have no choice, Kookie. We just have to do things whether we like it or not. This is our life now.” I guess he was right. It’s all for business, anyways.

 

People always ask me why I don’t just leave. Sometimes I ask myself that, too. But if I did leave, where would I go? I ran away from home a few years ago and the Boss took me in from the streets. Since then, he and the boys are the closest things I’ve got to ‘family’. The others have reasons to leave because most of them have their own actual family. I guess they just choose to stay for the money. Sometimes I wonder where my parents and siblings are. I don’t know where or how they’ve been. I don’t know if they miss me or even looked for me or if they’re even alive still. Some days I want to look for them, but I’m scared that if I find them, they won’t take me back. Sometimes I regret running away. I miss my mum, dad, and little sister. I miss being able to spend quality time with them and feeling loved by someone. My reason for running away was such a stupid reason as well. It was the worst mistake I’ve ever made. I was such a kid back then. Too young and innocent for this world.