Scaredy Cat

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Yerin’s POV -

 

Am I in hell? I thought to myself. I swear the devil had just walked in.

 

The same pale, evil face from the grocery store welcomed me. His big, dark eyes pierced my soul as he continued to stare at me.

 

“Uhm, Yerin, this is Jungkook. Jungkook, this is Yerin,” Taehyung said, shaking his hand in front of our eyes.

 

“Nice to meet you.” The devil bowed, ignoring the fact that we’ve already encountered each other before. He smiled, acting innocent. I glared at him, not bowing or smiling back.

 

“Okay,” Taehyung finally said, disrupting the awkward atmosphere. “Shall we start the movies?” Everyone nodded and  followed Taehyung except for Jungkook and I.

 

You…” I angrily said, pointing a finger at Jungkook. “You’re friends with Taehyung?!”

 

“Don’t be so surprised. He’s friends with someone like you.” My jaw dropped, completely offended. At least I wasn’t a complete jerk. How can someone so evil be friends with the sweet and innocent Taehyung?

“Don’t look so mad, babe. You look bad enough,” he grinned and headed to the living room.

 

“URGH! Do not call me babe!” I stood there, clenching my fists. Rude. I don’t know how I’ll survive a night in the same house as him. I brushed his comment off and headed to the living room. I am going to have a good night, whether he likes it or not.

 

I took a seat on the couch next to Hoseok and Jin turned off the lights. The first movie we started with was The Conjuring.  The movie itself wasn’t that scary, but we’d often get startled by Hoseok’s screaming almost every second even if the scene wasn’t scary.

 

By 3 am, almost everyone was asleep except for Jungkook. He suddenly got up and left the room. Out of curiosity, I decided to follow him.

 

I tiptoed close behind him, making sure not to make a sound. He entered what I assume was the restroom and I waited outside. I let my long, black hair down on my face and took off my bomber jacket, revealing my plain white teeshirt. I hid where the door would open and waited patiently. I took out my phone to take a video.

After about 5 minutes, the door finally opened. He walked out, not even noticing me. I followed behind him, crawling on the floor. He stopped on his tracks sensing that someone was behind him, but he refused to turn around. He continued to walk again and I followed, now making spooky noises. Although he most likely heard them, he dared not turn around.

“If this is a prank, it’s not funny.” His throat sounded dry. You can clearly hear the fear in his voice. I was getting impatient so I got closer to him, making even louder noises. “I’m serious,” he said. “I-I’m not afraid of you.” After what seemed like forever, he finally turned around. 

 

“Ahhhh!” He jumped, falling on the floor, hard. I stood up and burst out laughing. I brushed my hair out of my face and put my jacket back on.

 

“Not so tough now, are you?!” I put my phone straight in from of his face. Gotcha.

“That’s not funny!” he said, getting up from the ground. He shoved my hand out of the way.

 

I’m laughing,” I said, still continuing to record.

 

“Look, you cannot show anyone this video, okay?” he said, wiping his sweat with the back of his hand. He really was terrified.

 

“And why wouldn’t I?” I asked, still laughing.

 

“Because! They’ll think I’m a coward,” he responded.

 

“That’s ‘cause you are. You act all tough, but inside you’re just a scaredy cat.”

“Just, just don’t show anyone okay?” He didn’t know how to respond.

 

“Fine.” He sighed in relief. “Under one condition.”

“Ugh. What is it?”

 

“Apologize for running into me at the apartment building. And admit that you were the one that broke the eggs.”

“Seriously? You’re still mad about that? That’s so cheap. Jeon Jungkook will not apologize for something as dumb as that,” he scoffed.

 

“Well, if Jeon Jungkook doesn’t want this posted on the internet, he will,” I threatened.

“Fine. I’m sorry for running into you in the apartment building and the grocery store. And yes, it was I who caused you to break those eggs. Happy?”

“Hmmm… Not quite just yet.” I held my hand out.

“Look, if you want me to hold your hand I-“

“Ew, no! You need to pay me back.” I said, tapping my foot on the ground.

“For???” He looked confused.

“For the eggs that you broke, duh.”

“Aish! Is this woman being serious right now?” he said aloud.

 

“Does it look like I’m kidding?” I held my phone up and played the video.

“Okay, okay!” He hurriedly took out his wallet and pulled out 5 dollar bill.

“Thank you.” I snatched it out of his hand and headed back to the living room. 

 

Revenge is sweet.