Mission Impossible

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Jungkook’s POV -

 

The sound of a loud beeping sound filled my ears as I was awaken. I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. I lay in bed for 5 minutes before I soon realize I had to be somewhere. I rolled over to check the time.

 

6:41

 

! I’m going to be late. The Boss will for sure kill me. Why didn’t Suga wake me up?!

 

I jumped out of bed, taking a quick shower. I ran out of the restroom, dripping all over the wooden floor. I searched for my black clothes and my work jacket with our logo on it. I slipped on my socks and black sneakers. I quickly grabbed my backpack, phone, wallet, and car keys and sped out the door, not even eating breakfast. I vigorously pressed the elevator button. It finally arrived at the and I took it down to the lobby. I checked my watch.

 

6:48

 

I shoved past the doorman as he opened the door, not even saying ‘Good morning’ and I ran to the parking lot. I quickly found my car, hopped in, and drove quickly. 

 

, , !

 

The traffic lights seemed like they took forever. I can’t be late! The last time I was late, the Boss punished me and it was bad. I mean, bad.

 

6:54

 

I drove as fast as I could, beating every red light. Suddenly, the sight of the warehouse in which I worked at  came into view. I sighed in relief, panting uncontrollably. Quickly parking my car in front of the warehouse, I jumped out running to the big entrance door. I pounded on the metal door, my fists making a loud banging sound.

 

6:58

 

“Let me in, Rapmon-hyung!” I screamed. 

 

“No,” he replied from the other side of the door. This dip.

 

“Hyung please! Let me in!” I shouted. I was practically begging.

 

“What’s the password?” he replied. Did he really want me to get in trouble?

 

6:59

 

“Hyung, I don’t have time for this! Let me in! Don’t be a ! Hyung!” I shouted. I slammed my fists on the metal door, kicking it as well. 

 

“Ugh, fine.” He slid the huge door open. I ran in and went to the mini conference room where there was a table with two chairs placed across from each other. 

 

The sound of the door shutting drew my attention. I turned to see my Boss, in his usual black suit, sunglasses, and big, black briefcase. He slammed his briefcase on the table, making me jump. He had his glasses on, but I could tell he was staring at me dead in the eye. 

 

“Oh good. You’re here on time,” he says in his cold, heartless voice. The coldness of his voice made me shiver. “I thought I’d have to punish you again.” I can feel his ice cold eyes glaring at me. I felt a shiver travel down my spine. I stayed silent and listened attentively. This man is terrifying.

 

“I called you over here to give you another mission.” He opened his large briefcase, taking out a file folder filled with documents.

 

“Do I need to kill anyone again?” I asked, gulping.

 

“Maybe. Depends on what happens,” he replied. He handed me the folder full of papers. “My brother and I used to run a business together here in South Korea. He didn’t want to go along with my plans, so I decided to take care of him myself.” I opened the folder. “I remember him mentioning something about his greatest treasure and that he hid it somewhere. He’s fairly wealthy, so it must be a fortune,” he explained.

 

“So, you want me to find this treasure? Alone? It could be about anywhere, sir,” I said.

 

“Yes, but I heard a family member of his has moved back to Seoul from moving away a few years back. I believe it’s his daughter. I need you to find her and find clues where that treasure could be. I’ve put information in that folder which will help you identify her.” 

 

I flipped through the papers in the folder. I was surprised to see a familiar face in one of the pictures. My eyes widened.

‘Hong Yerin’ the files read. Grocery store girl?

 

You must be kidding me. She’s my mission? It can’t be her, right? I mean, it can’t be. I flipped through the pages of information. This folder had everything. Her likes, dislikes, birth information, family background, talents, characteristics, etc. Seems stalker-ish. I continued to flip through and stopped at a family picture. It really was her. This photograph was probably about 15 years old, but she still looked the same with her big brown eyes and little dimple on one of her cheeks. In the photo, I’m assuming, is her mother, father, older brother, and younger brother. They all looked so happy.

 

 

“Uhm, sir. I don’t think I’m fit for this job. Maybe you can have Jimin-hyung do it. Or Suga-hyung,” I protested, closing the folder and placing it on the table. I haven’t even fully gotten to know this Hong Yerin, but I can already tell we won’t get along at all.

 

“No, no, no. I don’t think that would be necessary.” He shook his head, pushing the folder towards me. “Plus, you’re closer to her age range, making it easier for her to open up to you.”

 

“So, what you’re saying is I have to befriend this girl and just casually ask her for the treasure? I don’t think that’ll work out, sir,” I said.

 

“Don’t just ask her for it. Just hint towards it until she tells you. You know what? To make it even easier, make her fall in love with you.” My eyes widened even more. Did he really just say that?

 

“F-f-fall in love?” I stuttered. “With her?!”

 

“Is there a problem with that?” His voice was getting tense.

 

“No,” I silently said to avoid getting punished.

 

“Good. Now, study those files, and I will tell the other boys about the mission. They’ll help you a bit.” Well that’s a relief.

“I’ll be checking up on you every once in a while. I want this mission completed as quick as possible,” he added.

 

“But, sir, I don't thi-“ He raised his hand in front of my face. 

 

“Make sure to keep your identity a secret.” He cut me off. “And remember,” he pointed his finger at me, “if you fail this mission, the consequences will be higher than the previous ones. Keep that in mind. Good luck.” He slammed his briefcase shut and exited the room, his bodyguards following behind him.

 

I took a seat at the table and opened the folder once again. 

 

“Another mission again, huh?” I lifted my head to see who it was. It was Suga.

 

“Yeah,” I sighed.

 

“Oooh. Ssssss.” He took a seat across from me. “Lemme see.” I slid the folder towards him. He flipped through the documents and pictures.

 

“Damn. She’s hot,” he blurted.

 

“Hyung!” I shouted.

 

“I’m sorry,” he chuckled. “So what’s your mission about?”

 

“I have to get closer to her to get some information the Boss needs,” I explained to him.

 

“Luckyyyyy!”

 

“Yeah, not really. I’d let you take this mission if I could,” I told him. 

 

“And I’d gladly take it.”