Bad Choices

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Jungkook’s POV -

 

“Ugh. What’s taking them so long? We’re going to a party, not a beauty pageant.” I set the car on park in front of Yerin and Hana’s apartment building. We’ve been waiting for about 20 minutes now. V chuckled in the passenger seat beside me.

“Kookie, they’re girls. It takes quite a while to get their hair and make up done.” I grumbled in frustration. I told her to dress nice, not to look like a model.

 

“Fine. But you took just as long as they did. What’s your excuse, huh?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

“Hey, hey, hey! Do you think this just happens everyday?”  He pointed to his visage. We both chuckled. 

 

There was a sudden tap on the passenger window. It drew our attention quickly causing me to jump a bit. Hana waved from the other side of the glass. I unlocked the car and she opened the door.

 

“Sorry we’re late!” She got in the car. “It took us a while getting prepared. Yerin’s just taking care of something with our apartment. She’ll be out in a minute or two.” I noticed V staring at her. I slightly nudged him, but it was too late. She already noticed. “What?” She looked at him funny.

 

“Hm?” He was completely blanked out.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that? Do I have something on my face???” She cupped her hands over her face, covering it.

“No, no, no.” V chuckled. “You just look really pretty.” Hana moved her hands, revealing her pink cheeks. She managed to mutter out a ‘thank you’, but I’m pretty sure she was shocked at the compliment. 

 

“SORRY! SORRY! SORRY!” The car door opened abruptly. 

 

I turned around to see Yerin, getting into the car. She was wearing a casual red mini dress with black heels. Her soft, brown hair was nicely curled and she had light makeup on her face. I guess you could say she actually looked pretty.

Thump.

 

My heart pounded in my chest. But why? Why was I like this? What is this feeling? Jeon Jungkook, get yourself together. You don’t like her.

 

“Are we gonna get going or…?” 

 

“Huh? Yeah.” I snapped back into reality and started the car. Tonight’s gonna be interesting.

 

~

- Yerin’s POV -

 

Jungkook had driven us into a quiet neighborhood consisting of mansions. Lampposts lined the streets, shining light upon the dark streets. He stopped the car in front of a huge white mansion, which had many cars parked in the front. It seemed as if this house was the only one that had people in it.

We got out of the car and Taehyung and Hana met with the other boys, who had just arrived as well. Jungkook and I stayed back to discuss the plan for tonight.

 

“See? I dressed nicely.” I said. I felt pretty proud of my outfit today, although Hana chose it.

 

“Eh. Good enough.” Good enough?! Just good enough?! It  took me a good amount of time to get fixed and all I get is a  ‘good enough’?! Aish, I can’t with this boy. I don’t how I’ll make it through the night.

 

“So what’s the plan here?” I asked, folding my arms.

 

“Just follow my lead.”

 

“Gee. That’s helpful. I can’t believe I’m actually doing this.” I rolled my eyes at him. “What if they ask about ‘us’? You know, like how we met, where, blah blah blah?”

 

“Just…Think of anything that pops into your head. But make sure it makes sense and doesn’t sound ridiculous. I don’t want ‘us’ meeting in a clown circus,” he teased. 

 

“Got it.” I gave him two thumbs up. We started our way to the front door of his ex’s house.

 

“Oh,” he paused. “And don’t do anything stupid. Don’t embarrass me. And please don’t be a klutz.”

 

“I’ll try,” I sarcastically said, scowling at him. As if I’ve embarrassed him before.

 

Jungkook rang the doorbell and a man in a suit and tie answered the door. It must’ve been her butler, considering that he called us ‘sir’ and ‘ma’am’ and bowed to us as we entered. The place was fairly crowded with people, most of which were our age. They sat around, socializing, drinking, eating. Jungkook and I quickly found Hana and the boys and walked over to them.

“Hey guys! How’s ev-“

 

“Quick! She’s coming!” I was surprised as Jungkook pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I felt my cheeks turn red as he did so.

 

“What are you doing?!” I whispered to him, trying to shake his arm off of my shoulder.

 

“Just go with it,” he whispered back. I exhaled loudly. 

 

A  girl with light brown hair approached us. She wore a black mini dress and silver high heels. Her face was covered in makeup, especially her lips, which was covered with blood red lipstick.

 

“Jungkookie!!!” she shouted enthusiastically. Jungkook seemed to have winced at the sound of her voice.

 

“Daeun! Happy birthday!”

 

“Thank you, thank you! I’m glad you could make it!” she screeched once again. Her voice wasn’t the most pleasing sound to the ear.

 

“We’re here too!” Jimin said. He and the boys waved and smiled at her. “Happy birthday!”

“Yeah, yeah thanks. Whatever,” she said, completely ignoring them. How rude. “So… who’s this?” Her attention shifted to me. She eyed me up and down.    

 

“Oh, uh. Daeun, this is my girlfriend, Yerin. Yerin, this is Daeun.”

“Happy birthday! It’s nice to meet you,” I kindly said. I held my hand out for her to shake.

 

“Oh.” Her smiled faded quickly. “Thanks. Nice to meet you.” She shook my hand lightly and proceeded to wipe it on her dress. “Uhm. I hope you guys enjoy. The snacks and drinks are over there and I’ll be around if you guys need me.” She walked away, swaying her hips from side to side. I’m getting bad vibes off of this girl.

 

“Well she was rude.” I removed Jungkook’s arm from my shoulder and fixed my hair. “No wonder you guys were a thing.”

 

“Ha, ha. Funny.” He scoffed. “Come on, let’s mingle.”

 

Jungkook brought us over to his friends and introduced us. Many of Jungkook’s friends seemed genuine and interesting. They were hilarious and very welcoming. I wonder how he got friends with a personality like his.

 

I noticed my throat my getting dry, so I quietly slipped away while Jungkook’s friend, Changmin, was telling a story about his time inside a haunted house. I walked over to the drinks table to get myself some punch.

 

“So…” Someone next to me said. I look over to see, Daeun, glaring at me.

 

“Oh, hi.” I said, avoiding eye contact.

 

“How much did he pay you?” She suddenly said.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Jungkook. How much did he pay you to play as his girlfriend?”

 

“He didn’t pay me anything,” I denied.

 

“Oh please,” she started. “Do you think I’m that easily fooled? Jungkook would never fall for a girl like you. I mean look at you.” I was highly offended. I clenched my fists and resisted myself from slapping her.

 

“You know what? I’m surprised Jungkook fell for a girl like you.” I spat at her. I felt heat travel up to my face.

 

“Huh,” she scoffed. “Please. Why wouldn’t he? I’m so hot. And you’re so… not.” She snickered. I can’t believe she just said that. This . “If you’re really Jungkook’s girlfriend. Prove it.”

 

“I will.” I slammed my cup onto the table, the drink splattering onto the white cloth and walked back towards Jungkook and his friends. I grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him along with me, not saying a word.

 

“Hey! Where are you taking me?!” I didn’t answer him. We shoved past people and finally got back to where Daeun was standing with her arms folded across her chest. 

 

“You see this?” I pointed to Jungkook, who looked very confused.

 

Without thinking, I crashed my lips onto Jungkook’s.  


Oh, boy. What have I gotten myself into?