Moving In

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Yerin’s POV -

 

I guess I was really tired because I found myself being vigorously shaken awake by Hana.

 

“Yerin! Yerin-ah! Wake up!” she continued.

 

“Mmmm… 5 minutes, Hana” I lazily begged, my eyes still shut.

 

“Yeriiiiiiiiin, come on! The boxes arrived and I need you to help me bring them up. Pleaseeeeeeeee!”

 

“Fine,” I groaned, sitting up. I rubbed my eyes waiting for my vision to return. Hana was on my bed holding a cup of iced water in her hand.

 

“Yay! If you hadn’t woken up I would’ve poured this on you,” she laughed. “The boxes are downstairs.  We’ve gotta make a few trips cause there’s quite a lot.” She then got up and proceeded to exit the apartment, leaving the door wide open. Hana and I packed some furniture and items from home and sent them ahead of time, so that when we get here, they’d be here.

 

I checked my phone to see what time it was. 

 

3:52

 

I got up and quickly slid on my shoes. I threw on a black hoodie from my luggage and put my hair in a messy bun before leaving the apartment. I shut the door, not locking it. I mean, it’s not like anyone’s gonna come in, right?

 

____

 

The boxes were all neatly stacked downstairs in the lobby. Hana and I went back and forth bringing them up into the apartment. I grabbed two, stacking one on top of the other. They were quite heavy, probably filled with my books. I entered the elevator and waited till it reached the 17th floor. 

 

The doors slid open and I struggled getting out, almost stumbling over my own feet. I unsteadily walked forward. Man, these boxes were quite heavy. I was almost to our apartment when I ran into something hard. I fell back, the boxes falling on my legs. I shoved them off of my legs, groaning in pain. Just then, I saw what I had hit.

 

A boy about my age lay on the floor, rubbing his head and groaning in pain. 

 

“OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY!” I quickly jumped up and offered my hand to him. 

 

“Ugh, can you watch where you’re going?” the boy said, refusing my hand. He stood up on his own, not even looking at me. He quickly shoved past me as I bent over to pick up the boxes, causing me stumble once again.

 

“Pabo,” I mumbled, picking up the boxes again and proceeding to our apartment. Hana had already started unpacking some of the boxes. I put down the boxes in the corner of the room.

 

“Yerin! Look at my snow globes! Aren’t the-hey, what’s up with the sour face?” she asked, chuckling.

 

“Agh. Just ran into some jerk our age down the hallway.” I replied, brushing my shoulders.

 

“Ooh. Ssss… Was he cute?” 

 

“Hana!” I shouted.

 

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding,” she laughed. “Now help me unpack, egg-head.”

 

Hana and I unpacked as many boxes as we could until we were exhausted. After we decided we’ve done enough for the day, I opened my laptop to browse the internet. I opened my email, curious to see if anything interesting was sent to me. I mean, who checks their email these days? I noticed a familiar name pop up on my screen.

 

“Kim Tae-hyung? Could it be?” I clicked on the email and thoroughly read through it. It seems as if he wants to meet up with Hana and I.

 

“Hana-ah!!” I shouted. She bursted through the door, her face covered in cream. In her hand was a baseball bat.

 

“What?! Did something bad happen?!” She looked around the room alarmingly. 

 

“No.” I responded, trying to hold in my laughter.

 

“Aish, you’re very funny.” She was about to walk out the door.

 

“Wait, Hana, look who sent me an email.” She bent over and squinted her eyes at the screen.

 

“Kim… Tae-hyung? The Kim Taehyung?” she asked in disbelief.

 

“Yeah. Taehyung-oppa wants to meet with us.” Taehyung was a friend of ours back in the U.S. when we were in high school, although he was two grades ahead of us. Also, he was best friends with my brother and Hana’s brother. He was a foreign exchange student and stayed in the U.S. for all four years of high school. After graduating, he came back to Korea and we haven’t really heard much from him since. I guess he was really busy. 

 

“Exactly where and when?” Hana screamed.

 

“Hmmm…” I scrolled down his email. “Ah! Looks like he wants to have lunch with us tomorrow afternoon at a ramen place not too far from here.”

 

“Well, reply to him and say yes!” she shouted in my ear.

 

“Okay! Okay! Calm down!” I chuckled.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just excited! We haven’t seen him in years and remember that I sort of… kind of… had a little crush on him.”

“Pfft, who could forget? You’d talk about him all night sometimes. Still don’t know what you saw in him.” I said, replying to his email.

 

“He was really nice! And although he wasn’t really good-looking, I could see potential in him.”

“But isn’t it kinda weird to have a crush on your brother’s best friend?” I questioned.

 

“The heart wants what it wants, my dear.” she said, patting both of my cheeks. “Now, lets go grab something to eat.”