Deal

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Yerin’s POV -

 

”Date?!”

 

“Relax, relax,” he calmy said. “We’re not actually going on a date.” I sighed in relief.

“So, what do you mean by ‘date’?” Just then, a loud groaning sound came from my abdomen. I guess I was so caught up in my job interviews today, I had forgotten to get something to eat.

“Are you hungry?” Jungkook asked, looking over to me. I held onto my stomach.

“Yeah, kinda. But I’ll make something at home,” I assured him. “So, again, what do you mean by ‘date’?” I asked once again, changing the topic. My stomach, grumbled once again, but even louder.

 

“Let’s grab something to eat and I’ll explain. I know a pho place here that’s open 24/7.” I didn’t argue with him. I was really hungry. 

 

~

 

At the pho place, which was completely empty, we took a seat and placed our orders. We were silent as we awaited our food. When the food arrived, I decided to disturb the silence. I needed to know why he needs me as a date.

“So…” I said. He looked up from his bowl with noodles still dangling from his mouth. I chuckled at him. “This date thing…?”

“Oh, yeah,” he said with his mouth full. He lifted his index finger at me, indicating to give him a minute as he chewed his food. “So, like I said, I need you to be my date.”

“Uh-huh. For?”

“You know how you bumped into me at your apartment building like 2 weeks ago?”

“You mean where you bumped into me, but sure. Why?”

“Well, I was just leaving my friend’s place over there. And while I was there, I got a call from my ex. It’s going to be her birthday soon and she’s having a party at her house. She invited me and the boys and…” He paused for a minute. Well that doesn’t sound good. I don’t like where this convo’s going.

“And?” I asked earnestly. 

 

“Well, she’s been bugging me about getting back together, but she was the one who broke up with me. And I-“

“But don’t you wanna get back together with her? I mean if she’s the one that broke up with you, doesn’t that mean that you we’re still in love with her?” I cut him off. I didn’t know where he was going with this.

 

“Well I was. But now I’ve moved on. And apparently she hasn’t. So…”

“So where do I come into play?”

“Come with me to the party and introduce yourself as my girlfriend.” My eyes widened. “It’ll get her to shut up and back off. I’ve tried to tell her that I’m taken, but she’s never believed me.”

“Yeah, uhm, no way.” I said, sipping the soup.

“Come on! It’s just one night!” he said, giving me the puppy dog eyes. His tough and intimidating image quickly turned sweet and innocent, but I didn’t give in.

“Nuh-uh. Not gonna happen. It’s not like you’ve done anything for me anyways.”

“Uh, yeah! I picked you up and took you here for dinner. That’s something!” he argued.

“But what you’re asking for is way beyond this price.” I countered.

“Fine. If you go through with this, I’ll do something for you. Anything. Just name it.” Is it worth it?

“Hm.” I took out my phone and opened the camera app. “Can you state your name and say that again, one more time?” I asked, pointing the camera towards him. He looked at me plainly.

 

“Is this really necessary?” I nodded at him, eyes wide open. “Aiiishhh, this woman is really something else.” I heard him mumble to himself. “I, Jeon Jeongkook, will do whatever Yerin asks me to do if she goes through with my plan.” I stopped the video. “Happy?”

“Very.”

“So you’ll do it?”

“I guess.” He celebrated a bit, clapping his hands lightly. “But only for that one night and then we go back to hating each other instantly.” I held my hand out.

“Pfft. Deal. Not like I even liked you one bit in the first place.” He shook my hand.

 

We finished our delicious bowls of pho and he drove me home. Along the way, he explained the rest of the plan and I listened attentively. I still didn’t understand why he asked me to do it. He could’ve asked Hana. She’s way prettier and definitely more willing to do this. Aish! What am I doing with my life?

We finally arrived at my apartment building around 11.

“Thanks for driving me, egghead.” I opened the car door and got out.


“No problem, butterfingers.” I turned to walk away, but I suddenly remembered something.

“Oh! Your jacket!” I started taking off his still-damp hoodie off of my body.


“Just return it to me later,” he said. “Oh, and I’ll pick you up at around 6 and we’ll head over at around 7.” I nodded at him. “And, wear something nice. Not… whatever you wear everyday.” He started his car and drove away.

“HEY!” I shouted, completely offended by him yet again.

Aiiishhhh, he is definitely still the jerk I ran into. I can’t believe I’m actually going through with this.