Him

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Yerin’s POV -

 

“Ready?” Hana asked.

“Ready.” I threw on my black bomber jacket and exited the apartment door. In both of my arms were huge bags of popcorn for our movie night at Taehyung’s. We rode the elevator down and exited our apartment building into the busy streets.

 

The sun had just begun to set, filling the sky with vibrant yellow and orange colors. I inhaled the air, enjoying the beautiful site. Hana did the same beside me. Today was a good day.

 

“Oh,” Hana said, as if she noticed something. “There’s the bus! Let’s go!” I followed close behind her, struggling to get into the bus with the huge bags of popcorn in my arms. I plopped onto a seat next to Hana, making a lot of noise due to the crushing of the popcorn.

 

“You can help me, ya know?” I blew a strand of baby hair that fell out of my messy bun out of my face.

 

“I know, but I’m too pretty to do heavy work,” she said, flipping her hair.

 

“Aish. This woman,” I said, rolling my eyes. We both chuckled.

“Give me that.” She grabbed one of the bags and placed it on her lap. “Look.” She pointed at the tall buildings that were now surrounded by the beautiful orange sky. As the bus passed by a park, the wind blew flower petals and leaves, causing a beautiful array of colors to swirl around the air, hit the bus windows gently.

The bus came to a halt in front of a neighborhood gate. The neighborhood consisted of huge modern houses. Kim Taehyung lives here? I thought to myself. I was astonished. I got the sense Hana was as well because she didn’t say a word as we got off the bus. We walked over to the gate where we can enter the area and approached the guard.

 

“Name and name of who you’re visiting?” the guard said, avoiding eye contact.

 

“Uhm, Hong Yerin and Chwe Hana visiting Kim Taehyung?” The guard ran his finger down the computer screen, squinting his eyes.

 

“Ah, go ahead.” The gate clicked open and I turned the knob. The door created a loud squeaking sound as we opened and shut it. Hana and I stepped into the neighborhood and stopped for a moment. By this time, the sun had already set and darkness surrounded us. There wasn’t much light except for a few lights in some houses and the light that emitted from the lamp posts. Everyone must be out this Friday night.

“What number is Taehyung-oppa’s house?”

“Uhm, let me check.” I pulled out my phone from my back pocket with my one free hand. “Uhm, 0613.”

 

“Then it must be that way.” Hana and I walked along the sidewalk, following the trail of houses. 

 

It wasn’t long until we arrived in front of Taehyung’s house. It was a large, white, rectangular house with two stories. There was a huge balcony and many large glass windows covered the front.

 

“A-are you sure Tae-oppa lives here?” Hana stuttered. Her voice sounded very shocked.

 

“Let’s find out.” I approached the brown, mahogany door and pressed the button for the doorbell. The door swung open quickly, and we were greeted by an unfamiliar face.

 

A blonde boy, probably older than Hana and I, wearing black jeans and a Mario t-shirt stood in front us. In his hand, he held a camcorder, pointing it at Hana and I. We gave him a confused look.

 

“Uhm, looks like we’ve got the wrong house. Sorry to bother.” Hana and I bowed to him backing away, slowly.

 

“Wait!” the boy called out. We stopped on our tracks. “You must be Taehyung-ie’s friends.” He placed the camcorder away and bowed to us. “Come in.”

 

“Oh, hello.” We bowed and smiled and did just as he had told us. We walked in, leaving our shoes at the front door. 

“I’m Yerin and this is Hana.”

 

“I’m Jin. Sorry about the camcorder, I just like to record everything I think will be worth remembering,” he explained. He guided us through Taehyung’s house, passing multiple rooms. At the end of the hallway was a huge living room where a loud noise erupted. Four other boys were in the living room, arguing with each other. One of which was Taehyung.

 

“I wanna watch The Hunger Games!” one screamed. “Mad Max!” said another. “Avengers!” another one argued. All the movies lay on the floor, scattered all about. 

 

“Ehem.” Jin cleared his throat. All eyes fell upon us. “Children, children. Settle down, we have guests.”

 

“Hana! Yerin! Glad you can make it!” Taehyung got up off of the carpeted floor and gave us each a slight hug. “Let me introduce you to everyone.” He turned towards the three other boys. “Everyone, this is Hana and this is Yerin,” he said, gesturing towards each of us. We all bowed at them. “Hana and Yerin, this is Namjoon-hyung.” A tall dirty blonde boy in a grey sweater and black joggers stood up and bowed. He smiled, a dimple appearing on his cheek. “And this is Hoseok-hyung.” Another boy with ash brown hair and white t-shirt with black shorts stood up and bowed. “And finally, this is Jimin.” The last boy stood up. He had black hair and was wearing black basketball shorts and a white muscle tee that showed his perfectly toned arms. He was quite adorable for he was slightly shorter than the others. “We have two more boys coming over if you don’t mind. They just went out to grab some food.” Taehyung gave us an innocent look making sure we’re okay with being in a house full of boys. We nodded, assuring him that it was fine.

Hana and I placed our popcorn at a table that was stacked with food. We took a seat on the floor, where they had placed bedsheets for us to sit on and pillows and blankets for us to cuddle during the movies. The boys had returned back to their original state, arguing and bickering about which movies to watch. Jin sat off to the side with his camcorder, not wanting to engage in the petty argument.

 

“You know what?! Why don’t we just have our special guests, Hana and Yerin choose? Saves us the arguing,” Namjoon threw his arms in the air, giving up.

“Uh, sure!” Hana and I stood up and walked to the piles of movies they had. They had everything, from the classics to the most recently released movies. I searched through the stacks of movies, finally running across a section that interested me. Horror movies. I lifted one dvd, showing it to Hana. She smiled slightly and nodded in agreement.

 

“How ‘bout a horror movie marathon?” I asked the boys.

 

“H-horror m-movies?” Hoseok stuttered. He was already getting the chills just at the thought of it.

 

“Unless, you guys are too scared. It’s totally fine with us,” Hana added.

 

“Nah, we’re chill with it. Hoseok-hyung here is just a scaredy cat at times,” Jimin said, putting his arm on Hoseok’s shoulder, causing him to jump a bit. I chuckled at how cute he was acting.

 

Suddenly, the doorbell ran, drawing our attention.

 

“That must be Kookie and Yoongi-hyung!!” Jimin shouted in excitement. “I’ll get it!” He hopped up and was about to sprint to the door when he was grabbed by Hoseok and shoved to the floor.

 

“No!! I wanna get it!” Hoseok made an attempt to run as well, but was grabbed in the leg by Jimin. They wrestled on the floor for a bit. I couldn't help but giggle at their childish personalities.

 

“Aish! These kids. I’ll get it,” Namjoon casually walked to the front door, while the two wrestled, not even noticing he was already making his way.

 

“Ahh. Sorry about them. We can get kind of… crazy at times.” Taehyung scratched his heading embarrassment. We just smiled at him, not really being bothered by them.

 

At the now opened door stood a boy with very pale white skin and pink hair. He was wearing a white and blue baseball tee with ripped jeans. He stepped in and the other boys greeted him. In his hands he held 5 pizza boxes.

 

“Yoongi-hyung! Where’s Kookie?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Ah, he’s parking the car. He’ll be here in a minute.” He looked over to Hana and I. “And who are these two?”

“Oh, this is Hana and that’s Yerin,” Jimin said. We bowed to him. Yoongi seemed to be observing me, tilting his head to one side as if he was trying to remember something. 

 

“Nice to meet you,” he finally said, snapping out of it. 

 

I headed back to the living room to clean up the scattered mess of DVD’s the boys left on the floor earlier. I piled some in the cabinets, one by one according to their categories. Behind me, I could faintly hear the boys and Hana welcoming another person. Probably the guy Yoongi mentioned. 

 

“Yerin-ah, come meet someone.” Hoseok peeked his head into living room. I nodded my head and followed him. 

 

They were standing in a circular formation by the entrance around this newly arrived guest. Once Hoseok and I approached them, they parted ways revealing a familiar face.

 

My eyes widened, startled by the sight. It was him.