Rain

Unbreakable || Jeon Jungkook

- Yerin’s POV -

“Ma’am?” Someone shook my shoulder. “Ma’am?”

“Huh?!” I jolted awake. The man in front of me jumped back, startled. It was a security guard.


“Uhm.” He cleared his throat. “The building’s closing soon. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” Huh? I was confused.

 

“Is that so? Okay, thank you.” He tipped his black, shiny hat and walked away. I stood up from the bench. My legs ached from sitting down this whole time. I grabbed my purse and exited the building through its glass doors.

Outside, the night has fallen and I hadn’t noticed it. All day I’ve been doing job interviews and searching for job opportunities nonstop. I guess I was so exhausted I sort of just passed out and lost track of time. Luckily, nothing happened to me while I was dozed off.

The streets were almost empty at this time, only about 2 or 3 cars passing by every once in a while. I was quite unfamiliar with this part of the city. The tall buildings seemed to darken the place even more. The bus stop was completely out of sight. I don’t think the bus passes this way, but I need to get home somehow, right? But what can I do? Who can I call? It then rang in my head.

Taehyung-oppa 

 

I went through my purse, looking for my phone until I finally found it. I waited for him to pick up.

Hello?

 

“Oppa!”

“Oh? Yerin-ah? What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Yes, yes. I’m fine oppa. I’m just in an unfamiliar side of the city and I don’t have a ride home.”

“You’re out alone?! Okay, okay I’m coming. Just text me the address and stay put.”

 

“Thanks, oppa.”

And just like that, he hung up. I leaned against a lamp post, making sure I can clearly be seen from afar. 

 

As I was waiting there, I felt something wet hit my arm. It can’t be. I thought to myself. Little by little, rain began to pour down. I had no choice but to use my blazer as protection over my head. If I stood under a roof, Taehyung might not be able to see because those spots lacked light.

 

It wasn’t long until a grey car pulled up in front of me. My heart pounded in my chest. This could either be Taehyung or just a stranger that’s going to take me away, never to be seen ever again. I stood there, drenched in the rain.

The window rolled down and a face that I hoped I would never see ever again appeared. A face that didn’t belong to Kim Taehyung.


“You?!” I shouted.

“Someone called for a ride? Hop in,” Jungkook commanded.

“On second thought, I can walk.” I took off my high heels, to prevent myself from slipping and started my way home.

“Aish. Well isn’t someone excited to see me,” he mumbled under his breath. “Your place is that way.” He pointed the opposite direction. I felt my face turn red.

“Pfft. I knew that,” I swiftly turned around and walked the other way.

“Ugh, for goodness sake.” He drove the car, following me. “Just get in already. It’s late and you’re drenched.”

“No, no. I can handle myself,” I insisted, refusing to stop walking. I held my head high and kept going.

“Seriously, something bad can happen to you and you’ll for sure catch a cold. Come on.” Awh, he actually cares. Stop it, Yerin, you can’t stand him. I ignored him, continuing on.

“Aish, this woman.” The car door opened and next thing you know his tall, lean figure stood in front of me, holding an umbrella that sheltered over us.

“I am not going to leave you here,” he said.

“Well, I am not going with you,” I replied. He rolled his eyes and grabbed me by the wrist. He pulled me towards the car. “Hey! Let me go!” I shook my arm, trying to free myself from his grasp.

“Ugh, stop acting like a diva.” He opened the passenger seat and I gave up, getting inside. He shut the door. As soon as he got in the driver’s seat, he started taking off his hoodie.

“WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! What are you doing?!” I raised my voice. I was getting ready to bolt out of the car.

“Relax. It’s not what you think,” he laughed to himself. He slid it off, the long sleeve shirt under his hoodie lifting a bit, revealing his abs. I couldn't help but stare. STOP IT, YERIN. He tossed it at me. “Here, put it on.”

“W-What?”

“You need to stay warm. Just put it on.” I didn’t ask anymore questions and slid on the hoodie. It was warm and had the scent of a unique cologne.

“Where’s Taehyung-oppa?” I asked.

“He got called in for work and I was already headed home, so he asked me to stop by you,” he explained.

“He got called in this late at night? To do work? Wow, his job must be intense.”

“You have no idea,” he replied.

“You’re being nice today. What happened? Did someone cast a magical “nice” spell on you while you were sleeping or…?” He chuckled.

“Please, I can be nice.”

“HAH!” I sarcastically shouted. 

 

“I was actually debating if I should pick you up or not, but I decided to do the right thing today.” He smirked. I burst out laughing. “I’m being serious!” he exclaimed. “You’re gonna be around for a while because of Taehyung-hyung so I’ve gotta at least try to get used to you, right? And…” he paused. I knew it.

“There’s a catch isn’t there?” I said out of energy.

“Maybe.” He grinned. “You know I won’t just do things for you if I didn’t want anything in return.” And there’s the devil I always knew.

“I knew it. You’re still the jerk I ran into at the grocery store.”

“Well, aren’t I?” He raised his eyebrow. I sighed.

“So what do you want?”

“I need you to be my date.”

“What?!?!”