Rumor

Nana's Private War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 3AM and although the wedding was officially over, the makeshift party roamed the streets of Paris as far as the Place de La Concorde.  Byun Baekhyun begged to go to a cabaret, but Chanyeol refused.  
“Nana, needs to get back to the hotel,”  he said.
“She needs to enjoy the night life of Paris.  She needs to enjoy life right now.  You never know what tomorrow will bring,”  interjected Baekhyun.   Byun Baekhyun never gave up an argument.  He threatened to sing and dance Big Bang songs.  He started out with Bang, Bang, Bang and moved on to Loser.  He even performed a street dance.   “It’s really early to turn back in.”
“Yeah, it's early in Seoul,” replied Chanyeol.  
Nana’s feet ached.  She unstrapped her high heel sandals and walked barefoot on  the cobblestones. 
“Seriously, Baekhyun what do you take?  You are so full of energy.”
“Ginseng.  Do you need any?” He drew an elixir bottle from his pocket.  
“No.  Thank you.”  
Nana handed her sapphire clutch to Baekhyun as her eyes focused on the large fountain in front of her with nereids and tritons.  It was lit up in blue and a small crowd gathered around it.  She extended her hand and drops of water trickled on her skin.  Nana bunched up her skirt.  She placed one foot inside the fountain then carefully placed the other.  The refreshing water calmed her regret for never confessing to him, for her lack of courage and for being too late.  She blamed herself.  
Nana tip toed inside the fountain and searched for her friend. When she most needed him, he had been there.  Where was he now?  
“Where is Chanyeol?”  She asked Baekhyun.  
“He said that he saw a kitten down the alley.   He sees a lost animal and wants to feed it and take care of it.”
Nana stepped out of the fountain.  As she strapped back her heels, a young punk with a mohawk yelled at her in French. She could not make out his words but he definitely appeared angry.  Baekhyun signaled for her to run.  Nana stepped out of the fountain.  The punk grabbed the sapphire clutch from Baekhyun’s grasp.  
Nana threw her Christian Louboutin heel at the punk’s head knocking him over on the cobblestones.  She ran and grabbed the punk’s flailing arm from behind clasping his wrists back in a hold.  
“Yiaah, give me my clutch back.”  She stepped on his back with the ball of her foot.  “It was a gift from my dad.”  The handbag laid on the floor.  Baekhyun grabbed it.  
The young punk cut himself loose.  He then pulled out a Swiss army knife from his pocket.  
Nana slipped off her other heel.  "Don't mess around with me."  
“What is going on?”  Chanyeol asked with a kitten in his arms.
She threw the heel as she would a softball.  It curved in the air and it knocked off the knife out of his hand.  
“Daebak!”  Baekhyun yelled out.
The punk ran away into the commotion of the small crowd and out through the alley.  
“Gwenchaneyo?” Chanyeol asked.  
“I’m all right.  J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter