City of Lights

Nana's Private War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana hated fake aegyo, but this time she had no other choice when faced with a phone call from her agent.  

“Yobeseyo.  Do you know that harbeoji is in trouble at customs?”

“Yes, we’re taking care of it,”  he answered.

“He has my father’s book.  It is really important for him not to lose that book.”

“Araso. we will be in trouble with your father if it’s lost.  We've heard from him before.   I’ll do my best but I can’t promise you that Mr. Song will be out on time for the fashion show.”

“And one other thing. . . I will need a favor.  Would you please talk to the president of Korean Airlines and let them know that one of the flight attendants was rude to me?”

Her agent was silent for one brief moment.  

“Now, what is going on, Nana?  What did she do?”  He asked.  

“She told me that I wasn’t a VVIP.”

“Then what are you?  You are an idol."  

“I'm a VIP and the airline's spokesperson.  She said that I was a fan girl.  The flight attendant wouldn’t help me to my seat.  Her name is Miss Kwak.”

“Miss Kwak.  Michyeosseo!  That woman is Park Chanyeol’s girlfriend.  She made the front page of Dispatch and it has been confirmed by his agency.”

“Huh? Are you sure? “

“If I make this move you will lose sponsorships.  It would be career murder or worse suicide!   Orange Caramel hasn’t hit the charts for the last three years since Catallena.  Miss Kwak has the protection of SM Entertainment now that she is dating  Park Chanyeol.  It will be impossible!"

"But can you make an exception.  Yiaah, I've been working hard for Pledis.  I even filmed a movie in China recently.  I'm doing my best and I need help this one time.  I'm not asking you for anything else."

"I wish I could help you, but this is virtually impossible.  I can help with Mr. Song's matters but this is a travesty."

"But I'm Nana.  Doesn't it count for anything?  I've spent close to seven years at Pledis."

"You do know that Pledis has a new group in the works and that After School might be defunct soon.  It's how the business works."

"You are talking about graduation right-- from After School like Kahi and Bekah?  I'm not ready to graduate yet."  

Her agent was right.  Her contract would be up November 2016.  Who was she fooling?  It didn't matter if she made the 100 most beautiful people list.  She was just like anyone else vulnerable to the decisions of her superiors.  

"You are right.  I will stick to whatever decision you make."

Nana couldn't afford to lose her job.  She thought about how hard she had worked to become an idol--the hours o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter