Airport

Nana's Private War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nana dragged her feet through the long customs line as her assistant carried her Luis Vuitton trunk.     Suddenly, the sweet smell of café au lait from a nearby shop awakened her senses after a sleepless flight.   Aisshh. . .  How could she have been so stupid?  Why did she have to tell Park Chanyeol everything? 

Nana stretched her gazelle neck and gazed at the front of the line searching for Chanyeol in the bustling Charles De Gaulle Airport.  People cut in front of her and an airline shuttle sped behind her.  It beeped its horn and Nana jumped out of the way. 

“Where is he?  EXO must have real VVIP status not like us.  We are at the very end of the line,” he told her assistant. “Not to say that I almost lost my life to a shuttle.”

Her assistant laughed. 

“Global entry pass.   You should have applied for it when I asked you.”

“Daddy wouldn’t allow it.  He didn’t allow me to get my driver’s license at eighteen either.   He only agreed to a passport because of family in the States.” 

“Aigoo. . . How the general allowed his daughter to become a k-pop-star amazes me!”

It amazed Nana too.  Her father always wanted for her to follow a military career like him, but she made up her mind at thirteen to follow her own heart.  He allowed it because she made a promise to him that if she failed then she would reconsider a career in the army.  Nana would never accept a promise she could not keep.  She worked hard at Orange Caramel for a reason-- her first love. 

Nana sighed.  From afar, she spotted Baekhyun who slipped on a tweed designer coat and combed back his short raven hair.    He waved at her and she put on a pair of sunglasses to hide her panda eyes.  She hated him for looking so perfect after a long flight. 

Baekhyun approached her and she noticed that his eyes sparkled when he spoke--  “We’ll see you tonight at the fashion show.”

“We?  Where is your side kick Chanyeol?”

“With his girlfriend.  They have some sort of lover’s spat.  If you know what I mean.” 

Nana’s cheeks flushed a bright pink color.  She casually brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. 

“You said girlfriend?” 

It was a first for Nana.   Chanyeol’s love life was the subject of idle gossip at the beauty salon at Pledis Entertainment, YG, JYP, Cube and SM Entertainment between all the girl groups.   Hadn’t he been dating Joy from Red Velvet? Nana never dared to say a word.  Certainly, she had been close to him, but that was years ago when she babysat him after school.  His grandparents paid her well and he would always play those annoyingly loud heavy metal drums for her. Her cute and boyish donsaeng, Chanyeol, now grown-up could be dating someone.  It’s a well known fact that idols secretly date each other.   Wasn’t her best friend, Park Bom, going to be married to one? 

“Yup, girlfriend.  She might be an ex soon by the looks of it by now.”

Nana curled up half a smile.   She wondered if this was one of Byun Baekhyun’s  pranks.  He was infamous for punking his band mates. 

“Araso, I will see you tonight,”  she said. 

Baekhyun waved good-bye and scanned his global entry pass at the kiosk with a single

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter