Week 4 : Before Graduation

Nana's Private War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the 25th regimen’s first weekend off and second lieutenant Im Ji Nah paced as the recruits lined up for roll call. The second lieutenant swung her swagger stick. She warned the new recruits of the danger of outside life in the military.
“Whatever you do, beware of massage parlors.”
Choi Seunghyun’s face turned paper white while Kwon Ji Jong giggled at her remark.
“For real?” Lee Suengyhun smirked underneath his breath.
“You are a YG lifer. You know what happened to Seven,” the second lieutenant clarified.
“He’s dating Lee Dae Hee,” he added. “Lucky man. And who are you dating?” The youngest Big Bang member asked the second lieutenant.
“50 pushups now,” she called out. What a pretentious recruit!
“At least it wasn’t the Wonsan this time, Seungri.” Choi Seunghyun teased as he kicked his shin with his boot.
“And what will you be up to lieutenant?” Park Chanyeol asked boldly.
“That is classified information squad leader.”
Nana sighed. She had shown Chanyeol a much softer side before when she spoke to him about her own brother. She refused to show weakness in front of her own squad.
“Second Lieutenant I would like to meet up with you at the cafe in Nonsan today around 4 pm. I need to. . . “
“. . . And I need to talk to you too,” interrupted Choi Seunghyun. “It’s important,” he said as he raised his brow.
He interrupted her hoobae. Nana didn’t know what to make out of Choi Seunghyun. His attitude struck her as cocky and downright rude.
“Recruit Choi, tell me now”
“It is private. I can’t say it in front of the squad, second lieutenant,” he replied standing in attention.
The second lieutenant asked him to come to her office. She feared meeting him in public. She feared the flash of the paparazzi.
Choi Seunghyun followed her and sat in front of her desk. He leaned back in the brown arm chair as he rocked back and forth.
“Nana, can I call you that? We’ve known each other for a long time.”
“I’m still your lieutenant.”
She set some distance between them.
“Okay, second lieutenant then. I’m having a difficult time. It was a hard choice coming to the army to begin with. I need time to reflect.”
“You are away from the world serving your country. What do you need to reflect on?”
“ I don’t think I can attend graduation,” he answered.
“You’ve worked hard recruit Choi Seunghyun. You’ve earned your spot.”
“You are saying that because I once liked you.”
Nana blushed. She smiled. She needed to snap back to reality. Why did she still fall for his suave lines? T.O.P. could only be described as a genuine flirt.
“Nana, I'm worried. I won’t be unable to carry out my duty—my wife is in some sort of trouble.”
“Is she ill?” The second lieutenant wrinkled her forehead.
“Park Bom is pregnant,” he said.
The second lieutenant sat down.
“Did she talk too you about it?” Recruit Choi Seunghyun asked as he scratched his head.
“She is working on r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter