Week 3: Glory Forge

Nana's Private War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol reckoned that there could be no way that he would sleep tonight as he marched on patrol with his new battle buddy, Kwon Ji Jong. A loud noise zoomed overhead and Kwon Ji Jong covered his ears.
“Fighter pilots.” Chanyeol mentioned. “They are preparing for a mission surveying the North.”
“I didn’t sign up for this. I came to the army to compose music for the band,” he mumbled.
“You sure have a privileged life,” Park Chanyeol replied.
“I only get paid 36,000 won a month. That is around $35 dollars for this military gig. The army is going to spell the end of my idol life. Just you wait. All of my Korean fans will forget who I am.”
“Everyone knows you are G-Dragon.”
“Including your Japanese girlfriends,” added Lee Seunghyun as he approached the buddy patrols underneath the fluorescent lamp post.
“Keiko asked me to deliver a message to you.”
Lee Seunghyun handed him a letter. Kwon Ji Jong read it, folded it and crumbled it in his pocket.
“She broke up with me. I can’t handle a break up while I’m in the army.”
“You can get over her by peeling potatoes with me. I’m reporting to potato peeling duty in the soup kitchen. Want to join?” Lee Seunghyun asked.
“Potatoes at this hour? It’s 3 am. You must have rubbed the second lieutenant the wrong away,” Kwon Ji Jong teased.
Lee Seunghyun sighed. “Nana. Nana. . . She is an amazing beauty who tortures me with push-ups and the Wonsan. ” He took a step back and elbowed Kwon Ji Jong. “She tortures Chanyeol with bedroom eyes.”
“Boh?” Park Chanyeol raised his brow.
“Nana must have a thing for you, squad leader. She punishes us every way she can but she only praises you. I ran thirty laps yesterday. Daesung passed out from heat exhaustion and Dong Yong Bae got stuck in the soup kitchen all day,” Lee Seunghyun complained.
“I think you are misunderstanding the second lieutenant,” interjected Park Chanyeol.
“I got an idea. Let’s meet with Dong Yong Bae,” Kwon Ji Jong said with a smile across his face. “Big Bang needs to band once again.”

The next morning drill sergeant Ma and second lieutenant Im Ji-nah sat down in the cafeteria. As the sergeant commented on the potatoes, sparks of fire bounced off the walls in a huge explosion rattling the building. The smoke stung Park Chanyeol’s eyes as he grabbed the second lieutenant by the hand and sheltered her with his chest. He lowered his head and pulled her under the table. He then realized that this was bigger than he thought. It wasn’t the start of a war, but part of the master plan of the Big Bang.

He heard them talk about the plan before at the sauna. It wasn’t kept as a real secret. Lee Seunghyun talked about getting back at the second lieutenant somehow. Kang Daesung spoke about being tired of being pushed around for his beliefs. Kwon Ji Jong expressed his dislike for the life of an ordinary soldier. Dong Yong Bae preached about human rights. They were the Big Bang once before the military and they still acted like the Big Bang not like true Republic of Korea soldiers. They babbled on about rights, money and fame. Then they complained some more. How did Rain meet up with Kim Tae Hee while in the military without being caught? How are idols in other units allowed to hold special privileges? How is Junsu allowed to eat Swiss chocolate mailed by his fans? Park Chanyeol didn’t make much out of their empty loser ramblings. He thought it was all nonsense similar to his conversations while on holiday with Baekhyun or drinking beer with Kai. But the Big Bang took it to a whole different level especially Choi Seunghyun.

“Let’s light up the cafeteria with fireworks,” he said.

Park Chanyeol didn’t know he literally meant fireworks.
“Is it over? “ Second Lieutenant Im Ji-Nah asked.
“I think this is the start of it,” Park Chanyeol replied.

As if explosions weren’t enough, the second lieutenant inter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter