Tiger War

Nana's Private War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Under the gentle rain, Park Chanyeol marched speedily with his gear on his backpack. Next to him, his battle buddy Kwon Ji Jong grumbled as the commander’s voice faded.
“We are going to die, right. I thought about my death but not now. I need to compose songs—more songs about love and I need to travel around the world. I promised to sing in every country at least once for my fans. I need to marry a good woman who makes spicy kimchi stew. I can’t die now,” he mumbled. ‘I’m forever young.’
Park Chanyeol hushed him.
“The enemy is nearby and I hate spicy kimchi stew,” Chanyeol whispered back.
The reconnaissance mission began at midnight as the rest of the squad hid in a deep cave in the bamboo forest, which the second lieutenant set up as headquarters for their mission. She directed both leaders to search for traces of the enemy as brave scouts in unknown territory. Chanyeol slipped on his night vision binoculars. In the short distance, he noticed a flicker of light on a match. A man in a dark military uniform lit up a cigarette near a shallow creek. Park Chanyeol stared as the enemy puffed smoke from his lips. Carefully, Chanyeol marked the coordinates for the enemy line on paper.   He counted his enemies, one by one, and figured that there were around twenty North Korean soldiers at the base camp of the infiltrated forest.
The trees rustled in the wind and Kwon Ji Jong elbowed him. It wasn't the sound of the wind, but a deep growl that bothered Chanyeol.   Kwon Ji Jong attempted to mouth a word and it dawned upon Park Chanyeol that his battle buddy was genuinely scared. G-Dragon’s confident persona was only a stage act. He was a vulnerable and sensitive person who just happened to love a girl who started a war.
The pair softly treaded through the woods and back into the headquarters to report what they had seen.
The second lieutenant drew out the plan by candlelight as the rest of the squad sat in a circle.
“The 25th regimen has divided. It will be difficult for us to take twenty North Korean soldiers head on in a guerrilla attack.”
“We can call for back up,” sergeant Ma suggested.
“The captain ordered for us to infiltrate the woods first and attack at 700 hours. It’s an order from higher command.” Second lieutenant Im Ji-Nah turned to Park Chanyeol. Her nose crinkled as she spoke and Park Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat. He couldn’t concentrate with her that close.
“They are well armed,” he said. “I counted 5 cannons and what seemed from afar as a chemical war missile.”
“They will wipe us down like bugs. Exterminate us,” Choi Seunghyun interrupted.
Kwon Ji Jong hushed him.
“Their mission is to take over Nonsan and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter