February Danshin Kisses

Haughty, not Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2016

 

These days, I keep tossing and turning before sleeping

over nothing, my heart races until I'm dizzy

But somehow, I'm still smiling

every morning feels good because of you

 

February was a month of cool weather and pink Valentine hearts.

As it turned out, it was also the month for a winning streak... a big one.

When their name was announced, the girls couldn't stop the tears from forming, mostly Yerin who was bawling like a baby. Once back in their waiting room with their manager, she just clung to Jiwon and continued crying into her chest.

"There, there, Yerin-ah. You should be happy about this."

"I am. I'm just so grateful and shocked and happy... I'm just so grateful!!" She only started crying louder, Jiwon petting her hair soothingly.

"Look at me." When Yerin didn't move, she pushed her back lightly and held her chin. Yerin and her members were surprised when their tiny manager leaned in to kiss her forehead. "You deserved the win, you big baby. No more tears, alright?"

"Mm." Yerin smiled widely in response, mood lifted from the affectionate gesture. Danshin kisses always did the trick.

"I want a congratulation's kiss from my small wife, too!"

"I'm shocked and grateful too, Danshin unnie!"

Rolling her eyes, Jiwon kissed Sowon and Yuju's foreheads too, making goofy grins appear on their face.

"Wonie unnie~"

"Don't forget about me~"

Umji and Eunha were satisfied when they got their victory kisses too. SinB didn't say a word, but did discreetly glower at her members, mostly at her leader (who enjoyed the kiss WAY too much) and at the other Eunbi (who was sending her an annoyingly cheeky grin).

"You did good, SinB." Though it wasn't a forehead kiss, Jiwon made sure to praise her reticent dongsaeng as well, a tiny proud smile on her face.

"O-of course." Cheeks turning pink, SinB turned away with arms crossed. It did her no good though, as her heart was already dizzily racing away. What was wrong with her? Manager unnie's just being her usual self and telling me I did a good job, praise feels good. It wasn't the small smile she directed her way or anything! Or the fact that she held such pride for her! Nope!

Still, SinB quietly observed as her members happily chatted with Jiwon about their first win and showed off their trophy.

 

Ding dong, when I saw you for the first time I heard bells ring

perhaps, do you feel the same as me?

I've hidden the words, that I like you

can I say the words today?

Stealthily, gently on your heart if I go to it and knock

Like that, will you come and hug me?

while shyly imagining fantasies, I'll hover by you

Like a book I flip through to learn the ending

Can't I know your heart like that?

At the end of my line of sight, there is always only you

should I gather my courage and confess?

 

The days that followed their first win were just as successful. And equally annoying Jiwon would say, as she had to deal with whiny brats clamoring for kisses.

"But we won again!"

"That means a danshin kiss!"

"You can even kiss us on the lips!"

"We won't mind!"

The tall-line all puckered their lips helpfully, eyes shut. Eunha and Umji only laughed, SinB felt her eye twitch, clenching her fist.

These idiots, she really wanted to hit them or throw something at them.

Jiwon gave a familiar sigh. It was like falling dominoes with these giraffes, push one and you set off one huge reaction. It was just a forehead kiss! 

And that was what she gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter