Games with Danshin

Haughty, not Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 2015

 

In a veil filled with words and sharp secrets

Slowly, a deeper h-h-hush, I tentatively aim at my heart

Here, everything is a dark night's color

My shadow makes me lose my way

 

SinB couldn't help but glower (discreetly!!) at the tall leader, who was comfortably cuddling with their manager unnie while she was reading a manga on the couch.

And there was the other eyesore. Eunha had to recommend that particular one. Not that she hated that one! Even if her fellow Eunbi gave Manager unnie that one because of the way the heroine behaved with her mature older charge.

"Geez, she's so hot and cold with him." Sowon remarked, peering over Jiwon's shoulders to read.

"Mm, that's a common trope in manga. There's always a tsundere character."

"I don't get it. Why can't she just be honest with him? She's clearly in love with him."

"Some people find it hard being honest with their thoughts. It means being vulnerable." Jiwon explained with a hum, not noticing SinB glancing at her.

"Ah... it's times like these Danshin unnie reminds me that she's older and more experienced."

"Yah, I'm only a year older than you, Sowon-ah."

"Have you dated someone before?"

"Yes. Two people."

"That's two more than any of us. So Danshin unnie is the most experienced here."

Jiwon only sighed in response. "Whatever you say."

"Anyways, my cute wife doesn't ever have to worry about me being tsundere. I'll always show my love~" Sowon pulled her closer and started nuzzling her hair.

SinB's eye twitched.

"Arasseo, arasseo, arasseo. Between you and the kids, I'm avalanched with love." Jiwon said, rolling her eyes. "Hold still, I'm turning the page."

"Inu x Boku SS. I thought Wonie unnie would like it." Eunha airily commented, sliding into the empty seat beside SinB at the kitchen table. "There's something so familiar about Ririchiyo, don't you think?"

"Are you still talking about that tsundere thing?" SinB questioned her with a cool air.

"Is Eunbi-yah still being tsun tsun?" Eunha questioned back with an impish gleam in her eye. 

 

Oh, for you, love is game

It's just a lightness that you can easily enjoy

Why do you keep trying to escape with those kind of terrible words?

My heart b-b-beat that is getting bigger, it's getting faster

Heart b-b-beat, unlike you, you keep hesitating when you see me

Until the last moment, it keeps coming, it's crazy

A dizzily, tentatively aimed russian roulette

 

"Danshin unnie~ play a game with us~"

"Danshin unnie~ where are you~"

Yerin and Yuju pranced into their manager's apartment happily. Not hearing a response, they chose to check her room. The door was ajar, so they let themselves in.

"She's not in here either." They plopped down on her bed.

They heard the bathroom door open.

"Unnie-"

Jiwon stepped out of the bathroom, hair wrapped up in a towel, in her underwear.

"Yuju-yah? Yerin-ah? What are you two doing in my room?" Jiwon asked with a raised brow.

"Sorry Jiwon unnie! We came in unannounced and-" Yuju spluttered, embarassed.

"Sorry again, unnie!" Yerin apologized again for good measure.

"*sigh* You two are sitting on my clothes."

The two jumped off the bed, Jiwon collecting her clothes for the day. She went back into the bathroom to change. She came out after a few minutes, sans towel, with clothes on, though her hair was still a little wet. She noticed that her tall dongsaengs still looked ashamed and chastened, standing off to the side awkwardly.

"Yah, quit looking like you did something wrong. It was an accident." Jiwon looked up at them with a stern frown. "If you're gonna look so guilty, at least look like that whenever you invite yourselves in. Or when you call me a danshin."

"Never."

"Danshin unnie's still a danshin."

Yuju and Yerin retorted back with their usual teasing.

"Thought so." Jiwon sighed, though she couldn't hide the tiny fond smile on her face. "Now what was it you two needed?"

"Oh! That's right! Unnie has to play a game with us!" Yuju linked their arms together and started pulling her along.

"And unnie's so fit! How's a danshin like you have a good body?" Yerin took her free arm, questioning her with big eyes.

"I'm not sure if that was a compliment or insult."

Sowon (and an inwardly seething SinB) was besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter