Mama Danshin

Haughty, not Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 2015

 

We were acquaintances for a long time

That was it, I don't think we ever had an honest conversation between us

Maybe you didn't get my hints, I gave you the look a hundred times

But you never once nodded (Nod for me)

 

"Honestly, what were they thinking? They knew it was going to rain, and they still didn't do anything to make it safer?" Jiwon muttered to herself, more than frustrated with the poorly prepared event planners.

She knew that idols performed no matter what, rain or shine, but the least the event planners could do was make it safe to do so. The other groups could have fallen countless times and hurt themselves too!

"We're fine, Danshin unnie."

"No need to worry."

"Yeah, a few falls aren't going to kill us."

"Danshin unnie's going to get grey hairs if she worries too much."

"It's my job to worry, especially because I have 6 kids that cause me to."

Jiwon continued fussing over her charges, in her mother hen mode.

It was times like these where she wasn't bothered to refute her despised nickname, too beside herself with worry over her headstrong dongsaengs. Even SinB was subject to this treatment when she went all mother hen! After it passed though, it was back to polite manager unnie and dongsaeng.

The dancer politely endured it. Her members of course, lapped it up like puppies begging for attention. Often they would milk it for what it was worth, and over-exaggerated their tiredness or pain.

"Wonie unnie~ cuddle with me, I'm so cold!"

"Ow! Wonie unnie should kiss the boo-boo away!"

"Hah, I'm so tired! A massage from Wonie unnie would do the trick!"

"Wonie unnie~ nap with me so I could be the little spoon~"

"Sing me a song, Wonie unnie~ I want a lullaby."

Jiwon would just roll her eyes, knowing that they were acting like needy babies for more attention.

"Aish, when did I go from being the dongsaeng to babysitting these kids?" She would still give them their wanted affection though.

If falling dozens of times on a slippery stage meant Mother Hen Jiwon unnie doting on them for a whole week, they would do it again. It was worth the little bruises and aches.

"Anyway, you all performed wonderfully regardless. You acted very professionally, and that deserves praise."

"Hee hee, did we?" Yerin asked with a bashful grin.

"Uh huh. In fact, I'm making dakbokkeumtang and yeonpotang for dinner tonight..." Jiwon trailed off, knowing just how much they loved those dishes. Which was just fine, as those health dishes were the perfect pick-me-up for a tired body.

"Jjinja? Wonie unnie's not kidding?" Umji asked wide-eyed with delight.

"Nope, everyone can just relax and watch Harry Potter while I'm cooking. Sound good?"

"Ne!"

"I'll help Wonie unnie too so the food is finished faster." Being the best chef in the dorm, and wanting to spend some time with her danshin manager, Eunha volunteered her services.

"I can't let my small wife do all the work alone now." Sowon (the 3rd bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter