Playtime with Danshin

Haughty, not Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2016

 

Why are you being like this out of nowhere

You are making jokes that you never used to make, I guess you had a good day

Don't be like this out of nowhere because

I think I'm going to misunderstand your intentions

 

It was supposed to be time for dance practice before their appearance on Weekly Idol. To prepare for the inevitable random play dance.

Instead...

"Who won this round?"

"Yerin unnie wins this time."

"Ha ha! Who's the dancer now?" Yerin crowed, obnoxious grin on her face.

"We'll see about that!" SinB wasn't the dancing machine for nothing.

"You're both going down!" Yuju would stake her Dance God title on this.

The trio continued their dance off, trying to psych each other out with their bizarre facial expressions or interesting dance moves. Eunha and Sowon would either boo or cheer them on, being the impartial judges/audience they are.

"Unfair! You can't throw in a cartwheel!" Yerin whined.

"I just did!" Yuju meronged at her.

"Is that the only trick you got?" SinB asked mockingly.

"Yuju-ssi's fired up now." Sowon said with the tone of a sports commentator.

"But will that be enough to keep her Dance God title?" Eunha played along with the leader.

From off to the side, Jiwon let out a heavy sigh.

"Aren't you kids supposed to be practicing for Weekly Idol? It's tomorrow." She asked, never taking her eyes off her laptop.

"Unnies said we didn't need to." Umji said with a shrug, reading a book from her comfortable spot leaning against her Wonie unnie's side.

"Of course they did." She affectionately pat the maknae on the head, took off her earphones, paused her music, and set the laptop down. She gave a sharp whistle, getting the girls to pause. "Sowon-ah."

"Yes my small wife?"

SinB felt her eye briefly twitch out of annoyance.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing something?"

"Did I forget to do something? Oh! Did I forget to kiss you? Let me fix that!" Sowon moved to plant a smooch on her tiny wife, but ended up kissing her palm. Jiwon promptly flicked her in the forehead. "Ow! That hurt~"

"Don't be such a baby."

SinB almost snickered out loud, but managed to hide it with a cough. That didn't stop Eunha from giving her a knowing (but annoying) stare.

"Random play dance? Weekly Idol? Any of this ringing a bell?"

"Oh, that! I think we're good." Sowon waved off her concern.

"Don't worry Danshin unnie! I agree with Leader-nim too!" Yerin quipped in.

"I do too! Besides, the dances are practically burned into our muscle memory by now." Yuju commented, nodding to herself.

"Then you kids won't mind if I test you?" Jiwon asked with a hum.

"Nope."

"Not at all."

"Play the music!"

"Ok then."

She started off easy, playing a portion of Rough, the girls quickly moving to their positions. Then she changed it to Me Gustas Tu, the girls still changing choreographies easily.

"See? Easy!"

"Piece of cake!"

Jiwon nodded to herself, unheeding of their boasts.

Glass Bead was added to the mix, Jiwon changing between the three songs and the girls still keeping up with her pace. Then she randomly added Shake It.

"What the?"

"Hey!"

"This isn't-"

She was more than amused that they danced it, all the same. She was going to change it back to their songs, but chose to have a bit more fun at their expense.

Nu ABO

Darling

Ice Cream Cake

Um Oh Ah Yeah

Hurt Locker

Like Ooh Ah

She finally stopped the music after playing Rough one last time, the girls flopping to the floor, exhausted.

"You are prepared, good job." She looked down at them with an impish grin on her face, yelping with surprise when Yerin pulled her down too. "Yah!"

"That was mean, Danshin eomma." She whined into her neck, wrapping her arms around Jiwon's middle and cuddling closer.

"Mian, mian." Jiwon apologized half-heartedly, patting Yerin on the back with a half-smile. "You really were good though... I'm impressed."

"Hee hee hee..." Yerin could only giggle to herself, pleased at the praise.

Shortly after, Jiwon was tugged away from Yerin, into the clingy leader's arms.

"Much better."

"Danshin unnie was cuddling with me!"

"And now she's cuddling with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter