Danshin's Cold Hands

Haughty, not Hottie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2015

 

You'll come again today, without fail

What happens if I see you? 

I'm carefully waiting

But I'm not expecting anything

 

One sunny (but still cold) December morning, Jiwon was fulfilling one of her managerial duties; and that was getting some hot drinks for her young idol charges who were busy filming scenes for their latest comeback.

After getting her order of 1 hot americano and 6 hot chocolates, she arrived just as they finished shooting Eunha's solo shot walking along the sidewalk next to the busy street.

"And cut! Let's move to the next location." The crew piled up into their van, as Eunha caught sight of her manager.

"Wonie unnie! C'mon! We don't want to get left behind." Eunha linked their arms together as they walked to their van.

"Here's the hot chocolate you wanted, Eunha-yah."

"Gomawo~"

They met up with the others who were waiting in their warm van.

"Hot chocolate, kids." The rest of GFriend eagerly took their hot chocolates, thanking Jiwon with grateful grins.

"Thanks Danshin unnie!"

"That hits the spot, hah~"

Jiwon just rolled her eyes, taking her seat next to Umji. She wrapped her hands around her coffee, trying to warm them up.

"I hope unnie wasn't out in the cold too long." She said worriedly.

"Don't worry, Umji-yah. I wasn't." Jiwon said reassuringly, pinching her cheek briefly with a grin. "And I hope my dongsaeng kept warm? I don't want you getting sick."

"I'm fine, unnie."

'We were warm too, unnie!" The tall-line piped up.

"Good job." Jiwon sighed, exasperated.

Then it was SinB's turn out in the cold. At least she got to ride a bike by the river and she had more of the sun to warm her up.

Jiwon was outside as well, ever the watchful mother hen, making sure to be there in case she needed something.

"Keep your hands warm." 

Jiwon looked at SinB's back with confusion. What did she mean by that? She shrugged before stuffing her hands in her coat pockets, which surprisingly had something in them. She took the offending lumps out, only to see hand warmers.

"When did I..." She looked back to SinB who was listening to the director's instructions. "*sigh* Thanks, SinB-ah."

SinB glanced back at her, looking pleased with herself when Jiwon used her hand warmers. It'd be counterproductive for their manager unnie to have freezing hands.

"Hey! Where'd my hand warmers go?" Eunha felt her empty pockets before checking the van and her member's hands.

And it was a good prank to pull on her troublesome Eunbi unnie, so there.

 

I'm just blankly staring at you then I leave

From far away, I wish you would only look at me 

Hey you, do you know my heart?

These days, I'm like a child every day

Hiding as I look at you

You, are you hearing my words?

I'm still not brave yet

So I'm silently leaving again

 

Then they were fiming Sowon's scenes at the train station, the leader flashing peace signs at her small wife once the cameras were off her.

"Didn't I look all pretty and wistful?"

"You did Sowon-ah."

"I was cool, right?"

"You will be if you stay out here any longer." Jiwon pushed her tall dongsaeng into the van, before joining the crew in the bus for Yerin's scenes.

The two vans followed behind the bus. Yuju, Sowon, and Eunha were singing along to GoT7's Confession Song merrily, the two maknaes sitting quietly in their seats.

Hundreds of confessions without success

I feel so unconfident should I just go back

I say I'll confess for sure but it's pointless with no actions in the end

Can't keep my head up in front of you

Yuju was especially passionate about rapping Jackson's part. SinB snorted bemused, what a big goof their galaxy was.

I'm in love with you, why are these words so hard

I keep hesitating to say over and over again

Why is it so hard just to write a simple letter

I keep writing and tearing it over and over again

"SinB?" Umji asked, making SinB look towards her. 

"What is it, Umji?"

"Do you lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter