Ch. 6: Tips & Fears

The Story of Hwayang and Yeonhwa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Tips & Fears

Noon soon came around, and Hwayang thought about how Yeonhwa may be hungry. They walked around for a few minutes until he took her to a restaurant. She claimed that she wasn’t that hungry, but he insisted.

They were finally seated after the waiter lead them to their table. Hwayang wasn’t a stranger to the waiter, though. In fact, he had been to this restaurant a couple times. He was actually friends with the waiter named Heo Myungseok. They had been friends ever since they were little. They were as tight as rope.

Yeonhwa took off her coat and set it aside as Hwayang ordered some food. But Myeongseok was gazing at the girl.

Hwayang felt a burning sensation in his chest and smacked his friend’s arm, gaining his attention.

“Oww!” Myungseok quietly hissed. “What?!”

“Do your job and take our orders,” Hwayang muttered.

Luckily, the Princess was too distracted to see their little commotion. After the farmboy ordered for them, the waiter finally left.

Hwayang turned to Yeonhwa and found her eyes wandering around the restaurant as if she was just taken to a place out of the world. He smiled lightly, mentally adoring her curious actions again. He couldn’t stop himself from admiring her.

“So where are you from?” he randomly asked.

Realizing she wasn’t alone, Yeonhwa finally looked at him.

“Not far from here,” she kind of admitted. “I actually live pretty close.”

“Really? Then, how come I’ve never seen you around before?”

Yeonhwa showed a warm smile. “Because this is the first time I have wandered out of my home.”

Hwayang blinked in surprise. “Your first time?”

Yeonhwa proudly nodded.

“Why couldn’t you wander out before?”

The girl sighed. “Let’s just say that I have a lot of responsibilities,” she said.

Hwayang tilted his head and eyed her in curiosity.

“Should I be suspicious of you, then?” he asked, crossing his arms.

Yeonhwa smiled and shook her head. “No.”

“Will I regret believing you?”

She smiled again, but bigger. “Maybe.”

Then, he smiled. She was amusing. Although she spoke in such a soft, innocent voice, he didn’t think she would have some humor in her. She was dressed like an heiress, so his mind though differently.

“Your food is here,” Myungseok came with a tray of some divine dishes.

As he set their meal on the table, Hwayang suddenly realized that he didn’t have enough money. He might had only spent a few coins on Jooyang’s necklace, but still, it wouldn’t be enough to pay for their meal.

“Thank you,” Yeonhwa said after Myungseok set the last two dishes down.

“You are very welcome,” he replied.

“Uh, Myungseok,” Hwayang whispered, pulling the male’s arm.

“What?” he asked. “I’m not staring this time.”

“Actually… Do you mind giving us a discount?”

Yeonhwa stared at the two males with confused eyes. Although they were only murmuring to each other, her ears were sharp.

“A discount? Why do you want a discount?” Myungseok asked.

“I’m short.”

“Well, I’m sorry, but I can’t give you a discount. Working double shifts is already my punishment for breaking the dishes last time. I’ll lose my head if my mom finds out I gave a discount.”

“Come on, Hyung. Please. Just this one time.”

It quickly came to Yeonhwa’s mind, figuring out what he was trying to say. He didn’t have enough money. Or maybe he didn’t have money at all? As much as he appeared helpless right now, she knew he was only trying to treat her to lunch.

Yeonhwa instantly re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter