Clinging to each other.

Passing Grade
“Hey.”

 

Nayeon chokes on her drink. She’s helped by Jungyeon’s tapping hand on her back and she gets immensly dizzy as the effects of alcohol starts racing in her head.

 

“Hi,” She croaks out with red eyes and Jungyeon frowns, albeit amused.

 

“How… are you?”

 

“I’m good. Good. I mean Jihyo left me alone again, and then you came here, but I’m kind of tipsy so I can’t really say anything.” Nayeon explains what makes the biggest sense to her, and what doesn’t for Jungyeon. The taller girl opens her lips and starts saying something.

Something that she doesn’t manage to catch because the music turns out to be too loud and Nayeon can only stare at Jungyeon’s moving lips in awe.

 

“Nayeon?” She hears the taller girl call out and she looks up to her eyes, a silly smile on her face.

 

“I didn’t catch any’f that.”

 

Jungyeon sighs, hand running through her hair.

 

“Don’t do that.” Nayeon instructs with utmost serious, and Jungyeon just stares at her in confusion.

 

“Look, um…” She moves her hand around, awkwardly. “We need to talk.”

 

Talking seems like a good option. It’s still a hundred times better than sitting here alone and slurping on alcoholic beverage.

 

“Okay.” She nods, cutely, head dropping in dizziness. “But I’m hungry.”

 

“Let’s go to the kitchen then.”

 

Nayeon stands up and stumbles for a second, before making her way towards the kitchen as Jungyeon’s hand comes to grip at the clothe of her dress on her side not to loose her in the crowd. They step inside and it gets silent. There’s no one except them, and Nayeon turns around to face Jungyeon.

 

 

“Go sit there.” She instructs her and guides her to the kitchen counter. Nayeon sits on it, obediant, and watches how Jungyeon walks around to grab the nearest food there is in store.

 

“Here,” The short haired girl hands her a pizza slice, something indechiffrable lightning her eyes up.

 

“Thanks babe.”

 

Jungyeon lies against the counter beside her, eyeing Nayeon weirdly.

 

“Are you drunk?”

 

“Hm?” The black haired girl hums as she munches on her slice. Jungyeon has this fond expression on her face and Nayeon blames it on the alcohol but she feels her heart pick up its pace.

 

"Nevermind. Listen to me okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I'm sorry for... you know, last time... again, in the bathroom.”

 

Nayeon nods, pulling the memories back in place together in her head.

 

“I keep bothering you even when you don't um,”

 

She watches how Jungyeon takes in a deep breath, crossing her arms on her chest.

 

“You're not like me so... I'm sorry, I just, got my hopes up a little?"

 

Nayeon’s ears perk up at the words.

 

“Hopes up for what?” She asks. At this point, Nayeon isn’t really self conscious anymore. All she focuses on is Jungyeon’s voice, Jungyeon’s eyes and Jungyeon’s body language.

 

As usual.

 

“Hopes that you could... like me, back.”

 

The words come out as a hushed whisper, so hushed that Nayeon is doubting the reality of the moment. A fire breaks within Nayeon. It’s like a storm travels throughout her body at the realization.

 

Back?

 

So… Jungyeon likes her?

 

“You-- You-- You like me?!”

 

Jungyeon startedly turns around and stares at her from the way she suddenly raised her voice out of nowhere. She can’t exactly help it either, her mind is a mess and she has no idea of what is happening right now.

 

Her heart thumps in her ears. “I- Yeah.”

 

Nayeon feels water drip down her fingers and realizes she’s been dropping her drink from the surprise. Jungyeon takes the cup away from her hand and grabs her wrist, wiping it with a paper.

 

“You really are drunk aren’t you?” Jungyeon mutters with a twist of amusement and, maybe, some sadness.

 

“But I like yo--” She screams this time, but her nose suddenly itches hard enough for Nayeon to put her forearm in front if her face and sneezes, something she learned to be an after effect of her being drunk.

 

Jungyeon blinks several times, looking taken aback.

 

“What did you wanna’ say?”

 

“I like you too!”

 

There’s an enormous pause in between the two of them.

 

Nayeon wants to think that Jungyeon isn’t freaked out, but then she looks at the girl’s widening eyes and the small portion of herself that convinces her she f ucked up somewhere wins over.

 

“I… does that mean we… both like each other?”

 

And there is it again, the specific glint in Jungyeon’s sharp eyes. It’s the same as last time in the bathroom, except that now, Nayeon finds it less intimidating and more… inviting. She nods, as Jungyeon steps to her and faces the kitchen counter between Nayeon’s legs, hands finding their way right beside Nayeon’s waist.

Just by the thought of what is going to happen, Nayeon feels an odd heat surge downward in her body: it’s like it’s battling itself in a race. It goes faster and faster the more Jungyeon inches closer to her.

She knows she’s just instants away from getting what she dreamed of for these past few months, and when Jungyeon’s lips, treasure of desire, ghost over her own, Nayeon thinks that--

 

“Food! Food! Food-- Oh!” She hears an annoyingly familiar voice chant’s come to an end and Jungyeon turns away from her, breaking Nayeon’s perfect daze.

 

A shaky sigh escapes her lips. Jihyo stands there, staring at the two of them as Mina steps inside behind her.

 

“What happened to food-- Oh.”

 

Nayeon thinks that maybe, she should change bestfriends. But then she remembers that this er also helped her. And it’s still not enough to tame her anger.

 

“Why do you always ruin everything!” She screams, pointing an accusing finger at Jihyo, who just stares at her dumbfounded.

 

Then, a smirk forms on the younger girl’s face. Mina giggles (probably from the way Nayeon suddenly turned as red as ketchup) and Jihyo starts winking, and then cooing, and then doing all these weird moves with her hands to shape a heart.

 

“Park Jihyo…” Nayeon fumes through gritted teeth, but that doesn’t stop her bestfriend.

 

“Look at you two loverbirds! Adooorable--”

 

Nayeon grabs the closest thing to her hand, her cup, and throws it with hatred, obviously aiming to cause some damage to Jihyo. Mina giggles, Jihyo lets out a desperate wail in the attempt of dodging the bullet. All the while, Jungyeon looks at her with a somewhat surprised yet admiring expression.

 

“You-- You nearly messed my face up!”

 

“PARK JIHYO, GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I SKIN YOU ALIVE!”

 

Jihyo scampers away in fear of getting struck at the face again, tugging a pretty tipsy looking, giggling Mina by the hand with her, leaving only a silent Jungyeon watching Nayeon get down from her anger peak.

 

“Godamnit Park Jihyo…” She whispers under her breath and runs a hand through her disheveled blacks locks, and she feels Jungyeon’s hand grip her dress.

Jungyeon’s staring at her with a… a dazzled look.

 

“What?” She asks, flushing bright red under her observing eyes.

 

Jungyeon smirks. “Y- You look kind of hot when upset.”

 

She hits Jungyeon on the shoulder and the taller girl chuckles, stars seemingly making her eyes shine.

Nayeon wonders if any of this is real, seemingly to be too good to be true, and now that Jungyeon is closer to her than she ever happened to be, she is suddenly glad that she’s is sitting on the counter and not standing up.

Her knees wouldn’t handle any of this.

 

“No one’ll come in anymore, right?” Jungyeon whispers right as their foreheads meet, and Nayeon giggles very similarly to Mina.

 

“Don’t jinx it.” She fights through the shyness and stares right back at Jungyeon’s eyes. Sharp, as always. But warm.

 

“Can I?” The taller girl whispers and trails her fingers on the small of Nayeon’s back, nose grazing her own.

 

“Y- Yeah.”

 

And when Jungyeon presses their lips together, Nayeon looses her breath altogether.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes: And this is the end of the main trope!

But of course, it's not completely over ;)
I have two (or more? i'll probably write some) extra parts I didn't include in the chapters yet.

Thank you so much for a hundred subscribers! I'm throuroughly surprised at that one lmao

And of course don't forget to comment! Thanks a lot for those who do, I see you there ;)