On Rainy Days

Christmas oneshots

 

It was a different December since it was raining. It was Christmas eve but the rain continued to pour so the street was awfully quiet but there was someone who was walking all alone.

“Why did it even rain? Whenever it rains I think of her. Does she even think of me?” Gikwang said to himself as he continued walking looking for that certain house he would usually go to. When he saw that familiar white house with a beautiful garden in the front he stopped and just looked at it. He saw that the lights were open and the curtain was tied up so you can see what was happening inside.

He saw a girl with a smile on her face, and instantly a smile crept up on his face as well. But it disappeared when he saw a guy that hugged her. “That should be me who’s there right now.” he said to himself as he hugged himself due to the cold breeze.

~~~

“Kwangie~ is there something bothering you?” she asked as she looked at him with worry eyes.

“Let’s break up.” he said as he looked at her in the eyes. The girl was shocked, she asked him why and all Gikwang said was he needed space. He wasn’t really fed up with his girlfriend since you can describe her as the perfect girl. But at that time Gikwang was diagnosed with cancer and he wasn’t sure if he would be cured. Though it was only the first stage and the doctor said that he’ll be able to recover he didn’t want to get his hopes us. Because he said to himself that cancer was a silent enemy, you never know it may be gone but there’s still a possibility that it will get back. He decided to break up with her first and when he fully recovers he will go back to her.

 He left the girl crying and he headed back to the hospital. A few months had passed and he was still taking the therapy. A year had passed and Gikwang was fully cured. He decided to go see his girlfriend but when he got to her house he saw through the window that she was with a guy and they were hugging each other. What hurt him the most was when he saw her kissing him. He felt his world collide and then it suddenly rained. “What’s the use of me being cured when the girl I love can no longer be mine?” he thought as he went home soaking wet. After that day whenever it would rain that painful feeling would automatically come to him.

Every Christmas Gikwang would always visit her house without her knowing. He would always see her with her boyfriend being happy. At first he would feel a pang in his heart but as time went on he never felt any pain and it was replaced with happiness. He started to feel happy for her, he said to himself that at least there was someone who will make her happy but the thought of him being the one there instead of another guy was stuck in his mind.

~~~

“This is the first Christmas that it rained. Does this mean that I have to let you go already?” he asked as he still looked at the couple who were laughing together. “This is what you chose Gikwang so you have to fully accept it.” he said as he looked at them one last time and left.

Little did he know that the girl had learned that he was visiting every Christmas but when she had known it, it was too late. She had already fallen for her current boyfriend. And up until now she still doesn’t know the true reason why Gikwang had broken up with her. But if he had only told her then they would have still been together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~I think this is too short... please tell me what you think... I don't know why I decided to write a sad one...

~please leave comments 

~and I don't know anything about cancer but since this is a fanfiction then anything can happen, right? :p