Though I Call

Christmas oneshots

 

It was a cold December, in a house that is already filled with the Christmas spirit lies a couple who was having a misunderstanding.

“Why won’t you believe me that it was just for the show? We didn’t go out after that.” Junhyung explained for the nth time. He’s been explaining himself for the past hour but the girl is too stubborn to even listen to his excuse.

“Hara please listen to me.” he pleaded but she still won’t look at him. She was sitting on the couch while Junhyung was pacing back and forth. He heaved a huge sigh as he ruffled his hair in frustration. Whatever he say or do she won’t listen.

“Fine if that’s how you want it, I’ll make your suspicions true.” he said as he stormed off on the cold night. Hara watched his leaving figure.

~~~

Junhyung went to a club to release all his aggravation. He wasn’t a drinker but at that time he just had the urge to get drunk. He wanted to forget his frustration.

As he entered the club, loud music welcomed him as well as people dancing eventually grinding their bodies with different persons. He made his way to the drinks counter (I don't know what to call it) and asked the bartender to give him a drink. He just sat there and drank until he can’t take in anymore.

“Are you sure you can handle one more shot?” asked the bartender.

“Hofcourze. ('Of course')” Junhyung answered obviously drunk already. The bartender couldn’t do anything it was his job so he gave him another one. He just watched the man in front of him get drunk. “Yah! That would be the last one we can’t afford to have a drunk man here. You better head home. No one in this place would be kind enough to take you home. Do you have anyone we can call?” he asked as he was abruptly shaking Junhyung to keep him awake.

Junhyung slapped his hands away and he stood up. He couldn’t even stand up straight he walked swaying from left to right. He finally got out of the noisy place after falling a few times. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and pressed the number 1. Her number was on speed dial. He only heard ringing sounds, she wasn’t answering. Maybe she’s asleep already since the time was 2 in the morning but he didn’t think of that since he wasn’t in his right state of mind.

~~~

Hara woke up and she found herself sleeping on the couch. “I must’ve slept here waiting for him to come back.” she thought and once she remembered what happened last night she stood up to see if Junhyung had come home. She went up to his room but he wasn’t there.

She checked her phone and she had like around thirty missed calls, all coming from Junhyung. She tried to check if there was any voice mail. She listened to it but she couldn’t understand what he was saying because he was drunk and he was just mumbling incoherent words. She tried listening to other voice mails but it was all the same, she couldn’t comprehend what he was uttering. She skipped to the last one which was just a few hours before she woke up.

“Hara I’ve been calling for the nth time already and you still won’t answer. Do you believe in that stupid rumor? That b’’’’ that told you, you believe her more than me? Please don’t leave me I don’t want us to separate especially in this way. I love you.” he said and Hara can understand it clearly, he might’ve gain consciousness already. She also noticed that his voice was hoarse "Has he been crying?" she thought, after hearing that she took her coat and headed outside to look for him.

When she opened the door she was surprised to see Junhyung lying down on the bench, which was placed in the left corner of their garden, with his coat used as a blanket. She softened at the sight. She approached him and caressed his cheeks. Junhyung flinched making Hara remove her hands and move back. Junhyung opened his eyes and saw Hara standing in front of him. He immediately sat up and looked at Hara.

“Let’s go inside it’s cold here.” she said as she went inside. Junhyung quietly followed.

~~~

They were now in the kitchen, Junhyung was drinking the hot chocolate Hara made for him.

“Sorry.” Hara said as she bowed her head. Junhyung stood up and cupped her face making her face him.

“I’m sorry too.” he said as he hugged her. “And to make it up to you, we’ll go out tonight and celebrate Christmas.”

Hara broke the hug and looked at him in the eyes. “Did you really mean what you said that you don’t want us so separate?” she asked for assurance.

“Yes.” he answered without hesitation.

“One more thing the voice messages you left me I can’t understand any of it only the last one.” she said.

“I guess I won’t understand what I said as well. But I am sure of one thing all of those contained the word I love you.” he said as he leaned in closer eventually closing the gap between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~I hope you like it ^^ and I'm not sure if the tile is appropriate with the story anyway please don't forget to leave comments ^_^