Enchanted

Christmas oneshots

The cold breeze was embracing the passerby and the snow was making its way down the flesh of all the people walking on the street. Christmas is just around the corner that’s why the street became so busy. The buildings were flashing colorful and blinking lights and sounds were booming everywhere.

Minji was holding her camera and taking pictures of all the people she would come across. It was a hobby of hers to take pictures. She likes to collect pictures of her environment be it a happy or sad scene. She took pictures of the children with smiles on their faces dragging their parents and pointing in different directions. She had pictures of persons dressed like Santa giving out flyers. She had also taken pictures of the different decorations shining and eye-catching hanging on the tall buildings and on the houses she would come upon. She also took pictures of children on the street asking for alms from people walking and from those who were inside the car. While walking and endlessly taking pictures, one shot caught her attention. The picture was a guy giving away the food he was eating to an old lady sitting on the street. Her heart skipped a beat at the scene. She never thought that she would witness something like that especially with the situation of the world today. It’s rare to see someone like that and she caught it on graphic.

~~~~

She wasn’t aware that she was staring for too long until the guy approached her. She had to admit the guy was handsome and he had a baby face.

“Isn’t it rude to stare and to take a picture of someone without permission?” said the guy as he was now in front of her. He actually saw the flash of the camera that’s how he knew Minji’s presence.

“M-mianhe.” she stuttered. The guy just looked at her and he found her stammering cute. “I’ll just delete it.” she said as she was now looking for the picture and getting ready to delete it.

“I’m just joking.” he said as she tried to stop her. Minji looked at him and she saw that he has small eyes and it complements the smile plastered on his face.

“You can keep the picture.” he spoke with a sweet voice. Minji was really starstrucked with the guy standing right in front of her. The guy suddenly cleared his throat when he noticed that Minji was once again staring at him.

Minji got startled but she still kept her composure. “Mianhe it’s just that you have a baby face.” she said as she mentally face palmed herself. She can’t believe that she had just said that out loud.

The guy stifled a laugh at her sudden outburst he saw that she was now blushing. “I’m Kwon Jiyong.” he extended his hand. Minji thought for a while if she should take it or not. In the end she did since she told herself that they would never meet each other again anyway. “Seo Minji.” she introduced as she shook his hands.

“Want to grab something warm to drink?” he asked. Minji nodded in agreement and they went to a café which was coincidentally nearby.

She wasn’t certain why she agreed but one thing she knew was she was mesmerized with Jiyong. There was something in him that made her attracted.

~~~~

“Never thought you’d agree to a complete stranger like me.” he said as he took a sip from his hot coffee.

“I’m thinking the same thing. Why’d you ask anyway?” she was really curious to know. She was thinking if Jiyong was feeling the tingling sensation she was having.

“I don’t know I felt cold and decided to just ask you but I never thought you’d agree.” he joked.

She didn’t know why but she felt sad. She was expecting a different answer but it didn’t come out.

“Aish~ Minji why are you expecting something like that? It’s not like he would fall in love with you at first sight. He was just kind enough to ask you for a drink because of the cold weather.” she said to herself.

They chatted about random things like how Minji’s hobby was photography and to how old Jiyong was. She was shocked when she knew because it isn’t visible with his appearance. She thought that he was just around the same age as hers. They had a playful conversation where they would talk and at times tease each other like they had known one another for a long time.

While talking with Jiyong Minji can’t help but stare at him, and if only stares could melt Jiyong could’ve melted a long time ago. She got curious about him but she never had the guts to ask him personal questions. Their conversation revolved about their similarities and their favorite things and other stuff. But it never got deep to the point of really knowing each other.

After what seems to be forever when in fact an hour had just passed they decided to part ways.

“Thanks.” Minji said as she once again shook hands with Jiyong.

“Sure. Maybe when we see each other again we can go out and you’ll treat me.” he said with his eye smile.

“Sure if we see each other again. But I doubt It.” she answered as she emphasized the word if.

“You’ll never know the world is small.” he answered back. Minji just smiled.

“Until we meet again. Annyeong.” he said as he made his way. He was already a few meters away from her when he waved back. Minji just watched his retreating figure with a smile plastered on her face. And in that moment she knew that she was enchanted to meet Jiyong. 

She started to walk away as well and continued what she was doing earlier - taking pictures. Minji stopped walking and admired the snowflakes that were falling. “This was a different Christmas feeling for me.” she said as she tried to catch one. She hoped that someday, somewhere, somehow they would cross paths again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~I wanted to give a warm feeling for Christmas and I hope I achieved that :p

~please leave comments ^^ I want to know what you think ^^