Chapter Twenty

Rush 。 A Plan A Entertainment Survival Show 。 Episode Seven AIRED! Two Eliminations Left!

now playing
SHINEE SAVIOR

✩ TSUKI: Chapter shortened for posting convenience sINCE I'M A WEEK LATE SORRY PLEASE  KILL ME FOR IT. Go vote now! Only Seoyun is off-limits for voting. Voting will close Sunday.

✩ MIN: Dies. Sorry for being late--

Episode Seven

Part two

Sophia was indeed at school, the girls found out. They'd been given mini cameras to bring with them at school, and just after they'd turned them on and begun jokingly film each other as weird angles, her sugar-sweet voice called out to them, and Minyoung immediately felt a level of discomfort. Still, she smiled widely and waved with the same energy.

"Hello, Sophia~" The vocalist offered Minyoung a nod before hugging Seul tightly. So that's how it is, the rapper thought to herself before clearing lightly.

"You guys are filming for the new episode?" Surprisingly, Sophia seemed pretty...Okay. But Seul knew better, so she patted the elder's head with a nod and walked on further.

"Come on, guys, let's not be late for class!"

"Oh, right! Let's go, Sophia!"

Time passed quickly, and soon enough the '99 liners were exchanging their goodbyes as two went to the Plan A building and one went home. The scene switched to Team Vanilla, where Bonnie, Suji, Phoenix, and Daily had already picked their concept and song. So they were a little ahead- Nothing the other team couldn't handle. The girls looked over point chorographies prepared for their song, trying to see which would suit them and the song most.

"Okay, but isn't hip-swishing super common now? I don't think that it would make a good point on it's own, but maybe if we paired it with this mic move?" Suji pointed to the left, but Phoenix was quick to disagree.

"That's, like, totally stolen from SHINee. Wouldn't you hate to do that?"

"Okay, that mic move then."

"I don't want to mess with mics," Daily whispered, "Mic stands are really heavy, especially that old kind. I want to do something more...Classy. I like this whole swaying movement going on over here. It's a sleek feel and I think it would even go super nicely with Phoenix Unnie's looks, and not to mention Bonnie's charisma. I think for us, Suji Unnie, we can mold our expressions and dancing for the feel of the overall choreo, you know?"

"But...It's, well..."

"Boring~" Bonnie finished bluntly.

"Ever so kind," Phoenix muttered under her breath.

Q. Do you like Bonnie?

"Oh, definitely!" Suji grinned, "She's one of my favorite people to work with. She may have a rough and sometimes awkward personality but I really like her sunny smile and leadership skills. I'm not sure if she shares the same sentiments about me~ Though, in the end, I'm just glad that she's someone I can at least get along with during the competition.

Q. There's people you don't get along with?

"Minyoung. We agreed to act friendly, but...I seriously can't stand her and she's made it clear she doesn't like me either. Our little rivalship is...Something for sure," She bit her lip and looked to the side.

With the other team, the girls were still going over what kind of concept they wanted to chose. Taeha was absent due to a CF filming.

"We need soemthing unique," Minyoung spoke, "That's how I won last time, I- Well, we, we did something different. Something you won't see anywhere else, a new feeling."

"Uh, yeah, sure," Seul snickered, "You won because of your short dress and you know it."

"What?" Minyoung's face was contorted and red with pure embarassment, 'That's not true! We won because we did well...In terms of concept. We gave the judges something new."

"Hey hey, guys, let's focus on actually picking our song and concept...I heard the staff talking, somehow the other team is picking out point dances already!" Lily ran her hand through her hair in frustration.

"I agree, we gotta hurry, I want to beat Suji Unnie!" Seoyun exclaimed, a childish excitement in her voice.

The screen showed various clips of the team going through paper upon paper, listening intently to every song and frustratedly rejecting it. From flowergirl to "cutesy metal," whatever that was, a jazz feel to sounds the girls had never imagined, nothing seemed to fit. Finally, a song with heavy beats and pretty synthesized instruments caught their attention.

"That's it. I don't care if it's good, I'm sick of listening to everything else, this is it," Seoyun whined.

Minyoung scoffed but swallowed her less-kind words, "To be honest, it's actually exactly what we're looking for. It's unique and not seen a lot of the industry, instantly giving us a fresh charm."

"But choreography might be hard," Lily commented unhappily, it would have to be really intense and, well, I love you and all Seoyun Unnie but you...Can't dance that well. It feels like vocals against dancers with time, instead of a team battle. Unnie is a great vocalist but great vocals and passable dancing as a tough, intense choreo is hard. Nearly unheard of. Could you do that?"

"Absolutely."

The scene changed to the other team in the recording booth, singing the same lines over and over. At one point, Bonnie even slamming down her headphones and storming out. She returned a while later, face red but continued the recording. It switched to Seul dramatically falling to the ground, tired after practicing the choreo for a while. The teams getting a mission card, stating that they'd meet together after individual practices to put together a tribute performance of Girl's Generation's Into The New World.

"Hey Seoyun!" Suji waved, placing down her gym bag. The two began an animated conversation, Lily, Daily, and Phoenix in their own. The remaining four were stretching, preparing for the tough day ahead of them. Dance practice for Into The New World for eight hours, followed by recording their vocals for their official release of it, and the only a few hours of sleep before they were back at practicing their team songs.

"Guys, isn't this such a great opportunity though?" Lily asked, "To perform a legendary sunbae's song, that's pretty great."

"We better do it justice~" Seul sing-songed.

"Uh, yeah. We will," Taeha raised a brow. Seul simply shrugged.

Before long, the girls were dancing perfectly in sync, and a comparison of their practice and the legendary MV. Everyone had to admit they were pretty good.

More scenes passed, of practices and recordings. The girls seemed to get more and more exhausted as time went on and finally, it was time to perform Into The New World. The lights turned off.

"Thank you ladies, for such an enjoable performance," Minji grinned, "Seems I'm all on my own as a judge today~ Let's get to the team performances, shall we? Lily's team can go first!"

 

"So, I want to say I really appreciated this concept," Minji nodded at the girls, "It was synthetic but it was natural for your five to perform. Everyone had very impressive voices, and while the styling could be considered a little...Questionable, this song was amazingly catchy. I loved the makeup move, and I'm impressed that you, Seoyun, could have as steady of a voice as you did while dancing like that. You really proved yourself. There isn't one bad thing to really point out about your performance. Every single performer had charisma and energy of your own. You guys have finally gotten serious- You've realized it's time to fight for what you want. Every contestant in this team proved their worth. Great job. Team Vanilla, prep for your own stage."

"Before anything else, I want to compliment your styling. It's simple but y, very eye-catching and stunning. Your fake mics are a nice tribute to Dream Girl," Minji gave a knowing smirk, "Phoenix, your soft and emotional voice shone through. Everyone got a good amount of lines, it felt very natural and even. The choreography was y, but not overwhelmingly so- Effortless. Suji, your rap was smooth and calming, compared to your previous performances. It was surprising but...I liked it. No Way is a pretty song, the emotions are clear and you guys really delivered."

Minji stood up, walking towards the remaining contestants.

"You all need to work. Hard. After this elimination, there's one left. Work harder than ever more, harder than you think you can. Prove how much you deserve a spot in the final seven. Now, let's see who's eliminated tihs time around. Let's see who the final eight will be."

Behind-the-scenes unreleased footage!

Q. There's people you don't get along with?

"Minyoung. She's made it clear she doesn't like me. We agreed to act like rivals, but...Oh god, I can't stand this at all!" Suji burst into laughter, "It was all my idea, she knows we act friendly but seriously, she can't help but cheer for me when I win. Our little rivalship is all fake. That's something for sure."

CUT

"Uh, yeah, sure. It's not like you won because of the fact that you guys were awesome performers and you know it. Though it seemed tough to perform in that short skirt...Your face was hilarious though."

"What?" Minyoung's face was contorted and red with pure embarassment, 'That's not true! We won because we did well...In terms of concept. We gave the judges something new. And yeah, that dress thing ."

CUT

"Let's go get a meal together?" Bonnie asked Phoenix with a grin, "I want to get to know you better."

CUT

"Touch My Body cover!"

CUT

"Our team's I Got A Boy cover~"

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」