Chapter Four

Rush 。 A Plan A Entertainment Survival Show 。 Episode Seven AIRED! Two Eliminations Left!

now playing
SHInee Sherlock

✩ TSUKI: ...

This wasn't the original plan in terms of voting people out but I have an explanation.

So. Long story short, by the end we had two girls tied for the lowest score. Because of this, we had two options- Eliminate them both or eliminate either. We couldn't do a tie-breaker because then people it might discourage some of our applicants. I highly doubt that asking everyone to revote would change anything, and I only found it realistic if a double-elimination was done by judge voting, not fan voting. So, I guess no one left. At least we all survived another day!

 

Also so so so sorry I didn't realize it was Thursday already! ;_; Please forgive me.

 

✩ MIN: Author's note here

Episode Two

Part One

"Your final score is..." Eunji took a deep breath, the camera shooting between contestants, "Seventy-nine points. Congratulations to Team Sunshine!"

Sophia immediately dissolved into tears, turning around to hide her crying face. You could hear her sobs through the microphone as she held her arm across her eyes. Team Vanilla clapped along with the judges and viewers, Seoyun as excited about their win as them. Minyoung made her way over to the elder, acccepting the warm hug happily. Before things could get too celebretory, however, Eunji spoke again.

"Next to be revealed is the individual contestant who has been voted out of the competition."

It was as though all the cheerfullness has been out of the room, the mood suddenly somber within both the audience and the contestants. Seoyun grasped both Minyoung's and Suji's hands, sending a reassuring smile to each girl. Daily stood still, expression emotionless as to get give away the burning worry. What if the fans didn't like her? Then she'd be gone, it didn't matter what the judges thought of her. She'd only gotten good remarks but that meant nothing in this show. Phoenix's breathing was even, and she stared straight at the judge. She neededto know. She needed to know what the results were.

"We've given everyone plenty of their own criticism, both for your intros and your team competitions. As the judges, we know who deserves to leave today, but it was not up to us," Eunji looked back down at her cue cards, "So who will be the first eliminated contestant? If Kyung Il-ssi will."

"The first eliminated contestant of RUSH is..." The rapper's face was stony, "Going to be decided next episode."

"What?!" Daily shouted, covering .

"Yeah, no one actually voted," Minji grinned, inspecting her nails, "We just wanted to scare you guys. The audience and the viewers were informed before we started filming today. Most of you girls don't have phones because of your contracts, though, and those who do were blocked from the internet so no one could check! All thirteen of you will be continuing onto the next round. Congrats, girls!"

Good job everyone! You all deserve to fight and live another day! 6c88d36f4209319b3f74ed40652038c3.jpg

Minyoung dropped her microphone, barely able to catch it. She was on her knees, Bonnie hugging her teammate. Jisoo had one arm around Stacy and the other around Taeha. You should simply see the relationships the girls had, how they reacted to the news, the blatant relief the elder two held as they went through, checking on the younger girls before finally embracing tightly. The audience cheered loudly, and the scene cut to Minyoung in the interview room, sitting up straightly with her hands clapsed, laid in her lap.

Q. How did you feel when you recieved the news that no one would be leaving?

"I was so happy," She her lips and spoke again, "I was glad that no one that I was close with was going to go home- That no one was leaving at all! But then I worried about all my Unnies on the other team, as well as Seul-ssi. What kind of punishment would they get?"

"Alright, Team Vanilla, so while no one's leaving, you've got your punishment to face. What could he be?" Minji drawled, the other two judges seeming kind of uncomfortable, "You'll be sleeping outside for the night! While Team Sunshine gets to rest in the wonderful apartment we had prepared for the winner, you seven will be given a tent and some sleeping bags to work with. Have fun and good luck, you'll really need it!"

"Are you kidding me?" Nabi groaned in the black room, "We're seriously going to sleep outside because we didn't do as well. What kind of survival show is this?"

You'd be surprised... NervousAmber-2.png

"Team Sunshine, your driver is waiting- Don't get too comfy, only the best peformers get to stay there. Team Vanilla, stick around and someone will show you were to go. Until next time!" Minji finished up, and the three judges left the room.

Q. How do you feel about the punishment?

Suji was playing with her sleeve nervously, "I've definitely gone camping before, so I don't think it'll be that bad but I'm kind of...Worried if this is how the losers are being treated already. However, we all made it through the first day and I'm glad and proud of all of us! One step closer to debut for seven of us."

Lily sighed, tapping her foot as she sat in the chair, "I was the leader of the team and we did really well. However, in the end, Bonnie Unnie's team won- I think overall she was the better leader. I think next time someone else would do a nicer job, but I'm proud of my work. Thank you to my teammates who cooperated with me and made this possible." She bowed deeply, a smile on her face. The cameras switched to the Sunshine Team who were waiting for their van.

"I can't believe the Vanilla Team has to use tents to sleep for tonight!" Sophia exclaimed, "How will them be ready for filming tomorrow?"

"They'll have to manage, I suppose," Minyoung sighed, yawning loudly as she leaned against the wall, "I know Suji Unnie does camping so I'm sure she'll lead and they'll all be pretty okay. Besides, they'll be in front of the Plan A building, Suji Unnie keeps blankets in the empty lockers near hers, she's definitely got the team covered."

"Seriously? Why?" Daily asked, curiosity pulling at her.

"Suji Unnie often stays until about one in the morning, training. By the time her classes are over, she's back practicing again. When she stays so late, a lot of the younger trainees fall asleep because they worked to hard or have no where else to go, and she doesn't want to leave them there so uncomfortable. So she started to keep extra blankets and pillows- I don't think there's one Plan A trainee that hasn't used them," Minyoung laughed, "I've probably used them more than I should have myself. Even Seoyun Unnie."

Suji seems really nice! What a lovely girl! NervousAmber-2.png

"Thinking about it, aren't you the only Plan A trainee on this team?" Iris raised a brow at the younger's nod, looking at Bonnie.

"It's not like I meant it to turn out that way!" The blonde defended with a giggle as the van pulled up. The girls piled in, very little arguing about who sat twhere, and it drove away.


"Alright girls!" Suji grinned at the six exhausted contestants, hugging herself for a little more warmth, "This tent is pretty basic, which has some good and some bad points. Good is that it'll be super easy and quick to set up, there's actually pretty okay room for six of us, and the tent itself is thin so it's breathable. Bad thing is, it's thin so we'll basically feel every rock, bump, and hole, yaaay. It's pretty warm so it won't be that cold. Taeha, can you go get my blankets and pillows? We'll mostly use them for bedding. Has anyone set up a tent besides me before?"

"I did a few times," Phoenix raised her hand from the back of the group. Seoyun pushed her up and stood by them, she and Suji sharing a look.

"We'll put the tent together, then. Could you help us Lily? Seul and Nabi can help Taeha. Does everything sound good?" The rapper observed her team, and no objections followed, "Alright girls, break!"

Immediately everyone set off to their different tasks, a camera following Taeha, Seul, and Nabi into the Plan A building. By that time, nearly all the staff and trainees had lefft and the halls were almost empty. Taeha was the first to speak within the girls, smiling.

"I think Suji Unnie makes a good leader type, don't you?" Seul shrugged, and Nabi took a moment to reply.

"Well, I think she has a lot of potential, but don't you think that it was kinda rude to just take charge like that?" She helped gather a good portion of the pillows, looking at Seul to see if the maknae has anything to add.

"I dunno, I think it kinda fit the moment since everyone was unsure," The dancer piled a few blankets on top of her head, balancing them there precariously as Taeha started to open another locker.

Nabi doesn't like Suji? Has a rivarly been born? Let's wait and see! NervousAmber-2.png

"She suits the leader position," Taeha reiterated again. The vocalist took her own share of blankets and pillows, "Alright, let's head back!"


Back with Team Sunshine, the girls walked up the steps to their current home. Sophia was chattering excitedly to Bonnie, their normal dumb English puns already flying around. Iris, Daily, and Stacy were discussing their performance while Minyoung stuck to the back, expression fairly neutral as they walked. The PD handed her the key to the apartment, and the rapper unlocked it, holding her hands to as roon as she looked up from her phone. Stacy peeked from behind her.

"Oh my God!" Her jaw dropped as she surveyed the gorgeous interior, all six girls flooding in to take a look. Daily immediately ran to the kitchen, nearly crying at the lovely amount of food in the fridge. It was basically everything that would break their diet and be oh so worth it. She turned around to look at the team.

What a gorgeous apartment! Can the girls stay there forever?! NervousAmber-2.png

"Okay, okay, like I don't care what this will do to me, I want to eat it all," Stacy giggled, sitting on the counter. Daily sat next to her, unabashedly leaning on her tiredly. Bonnie came bouncing back.

"There's three bedrooms, each one has two beds. We should pick roommates before anything else," The dancer clapped her hands together.

"I want to room with Stacy Unnie," Minyoung spoke up immediately, sharing a small smile with the other. Neither of them were that close to anyone else on the team, and she figured that it might be a good opportunity to make some closer bonds. Daily and Sophia paired after, leaving Bonnie and Minji to room. The girls agreed to set some of their stuff out, considering they'd stay there for a good week. Minyoung and Stacy headed to their room, the one farthest back and near the bathroom, while Minji and Bonnie took the one nearest the kitchen. This left Daily and Sophia with the one closest to the living room and it was all decided. After unpacking, they met back in dining room, looking at each other. Every girl had changed into pajamas.

Sophia wore a white long-sleeved shirt with grey hearts. Her pants were long as well, grey and white striped. Stacy had on a long-sleeved black crop top and low-riding grey sweatpants. Bonnie sported a nightgown, a pattern of cat musical notes covering it. Iris had picked out a simply black tank top with black polka-dotted pink short shorts. Minyoung took a fairly childish route, having chosen an animated panda top and black and white stripped shorts. Daily looked at the camera.

"I'd like to point out these are all our own clothes!"

"Oh, yeah, we all chose our own outfits," Stacy agreed. Despite the earlier dispute, the two girls seemed as though as it had never happened. In fact, they seemed fairly closer after it.

"Anyway, before we all go to bed, I just wanted to say, great work," Bonnie smiled, "I think we all did really well and I'm proud of everyone. I, mean, thank you. For getting me this far already. I'm glad we're all here now."

A lovely way to end the day. Good night, RUSH girls.NervousAmber-2.png


Behind-the-scenes unreleased footage!

"I really don't like that Minji girl," Jisoo whispered to Bonnie as they walked together, away from the stage after the first shooting, "She seems really cold, watch out for her, okay?

CUT

"Everyone's really talented here!" Taeha gave a dimply smile to the camera, "I'd love to work with any of them, really."

"Is there anyone you don't like?"

"I think that's a question unfair to ask, PD-nim," She laughed, diverting attention.

CUT

Minri stared at her reflection, the rest of her team having already left to go look at where they'd stay for the night. She seemed a bit haggard despite the makeup, leaning on the sink as she inspected every. Single. Flaw. All of those flaws helped cause this, this insult. Sleeping outside like dogs? Maybe it's because she was one. Were the others, too? No, yes, maybe, she didn't know.

"I want to do better..."

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」