Chapter Fifteen

Rush 。 A Plan A Entertainment Survival Show 。 Episode Seven AIRED! Two Eliminations Left!

now playing
aoa 10 seconds

✩ TSUKI: And thus the randomizer has spoken. There is something very important to say now, though. As we previous stated in the "Voting System" chapter, since one of our two mains have been voted off, you cannot vote out the other. So, Seoyun is no longer able to be voted out and is thus the first official member of RUSH.

✩ MIN: The randomizer. Blame the randomizer-- Lmao, anyway, congrats to Seoyun for being the first official member~!

Episode Five

Part three

"Hey, Suji," Taeha whispered, watching intently as Phoenix continued her drawing. The rapper looked towards her labelmate, "I just wanted to say that I really liked your ice skating. I never knew you could do it, much less be so good at at! It was really impressive."

"Thanks, Taeha," She smled widely, "I've been practicing since I was nine, so if I wasn't any good by now, I'd be pretty disappointing."

"Phoenix, are you finished yet?" Sunkyung asked impatienty. She shook her head and continued to sketch, "In that case, Seoyun is up. Here's your Rubik's cube." Seoyun jogged up excitedtly, taking the offered toy. She tooka few glances at it and immediately began to work, finishing it in under thirty-seven seconds. The room erupted in cheers, Seoyun bowing before taking her seat again. Phoenix finally stoof up, ready to show off her drawing. When she turned it around, everything went dead silent. She had drawn a perfect Elsa, and in such a short amount of time.

"Wow, that's amazing!" Stacy called out, grinning. Who knew the girl was so multi-talented? Phoenix thanked everyone and took her seat.

"Minyoung, if you could please show your special talent?" The '99 liner stood up, blushing and mumbling about how it wasn't fair that every one else had something cool to show. She stood at the front of the room, waiting for the music to play. When it did, Minyoung did perform her kkab dancing. Everyone yalled and dancing along in their seats, trying to cheer the maknae liner up, but they all knew that she was going to lose at that rate. After the music was over, she did a hurried bow and took her seat once again. Suji patted her shoulder and waited for Sungkyung to speak again. He cleared his throat.

"Daily, please come up and show your special talent," The only foreigner in the competition was feeling quite uncomfortable as she made her way up, but she knew she could use it to her advantage. She spoke for a while, getting herself worked up and began to cry.

Daily's special talent...Is to cry?!

"Uh, thanks for that Daily. Seul, if you would!" Sungkyung motioned to the youngest and she stood next to him, preparing for a few moments before doign what she called a "dolphin squeal." ((A/N: DON'T LISTEN WITH HEADPHONES OR AT HIGH VOLUME.)) Sunkyung thanked her with a pained grimace and called the final girl up- Bonnie. A gymnastics mat was put down while she changed into stretchier clothing. When she returned, Bonnie showed off various ways she was flexible, wowing the whole room. She likely got the most cheers, and sat back down with a grin on her face. Sungkyung left for a few moments.

"Do you think he's picking out the winning team and the losing one? Whoever loses this one doesn't get an MV next time, right? And whoever wins he said got an extra helper," Seul whispered to Sophia, who nodded while stretching.

"He'll probably be back in a few, but it's making me nervous," The vocalist admitted, "I hope everything goes well for us, you know?"

Before Seul could reply, Sungkyung came back in.

"The winner and loser have been decided. Firstly, the loser. After rewatching the film, it's bee decided that Minyoung will not be having an MV next round- Assuming she makes it there," The rapper nodded, defeated. She had expected it, really, "The winner is...Stacy, who will be allowed to pick one individual to help out for the next episode, if she gets there, and for this episode's music video and official audio recording. However, you'll be expected to perform live without your helper. LOEN team, you'll be going to the LOEN building to continue filming, as well as choosing your song and concept. Plan A team, please go to training room 3C. Rush, break!"


"This is a perfect song. It fits something unique and it has room for two rappers, with some amazing vocal talent," Suji commented, "I think we should go with it."

"I think Suji Unnie is right," Seul nodded, "Even Minyoung Unnie and I can do this, and it's definitely different from what the LOEN Team will do. They'll have to go with something cuter since Sophia Unnie is there, you know? Nothing against her, but she does limit the team that would be totally versatile otherwise."

"Not only that, but it's a great song. We aren't being judges based on how we complete a give concept- We make our own, and we need to own up to it. This fits us," Taeha nodded at her own words, grinning, "All of us can do this, even Suji Unnie, and I think it could fit Seoyun Unnie's vocals well enough- I think it fits me and Seul- Er, Seul and me perfectly."

"Definitely!" Seoyun grinned childishly, "I love, love, love it~"

"Aw, Jagiya, do you love it more than me?" Suji asked, laying her head on the vocalist's lap. Seoyun giggled, pushing hair out of Suji's face and dramatically stating,

"Yeobo, I could never love anyone more than you! Not even our thirteen kids, even the two who went off to fight in the war!" She referenced the other contestants easily. Taeha snorted, Seul hiding a smile behind her hand. For Minyoung's part, she just looked at the two with a raised brow but didn't comment. It wasn't long after the two eldest stared at each other that Seul and Taeha simply burst into laughter, Taeha going so far as to slap the dirty floor they were sitting on.

I guess Suji and Seoyun do this a lot!

"Jagiya is the best," The rapper stated, pulling the younger into a hug.

"Okay, break it up you lovebirds!" Minyoung demanded, pushing them apart, "Don't forget we have work to do! We still need to meet up with Lee Jungmin-ssi again to show him which one we chose so he'll give us lyrics, then we've got to get started on choreo, figure out what the MV will focus on and all of those things. We don't have to play out a fake romance, Unnies!"

"Fake?!" Suji held her chest, wounded, "Never!"

"How dare you accuse us of faking the most potent emotion I've ever felt?" Seoyun demanded.

"Oh jeez..." Miyoung sighed. It would be a long day.


"Who are we going to invite, Unnie?" Sophia asked Stacy loudly. They were in the van, still on their way to LOEN. Stacy finished her text before looking up, seeminly still thinking. Sophia waited patiently for an answer, and the pair had gathered the rest of the van's attention as well. Every contestant's eyes were on the vocalist, and she finally opened to reply.

"I asked my friend, Kim Nayeon. She has a horrible fashion sense but only two or three of us have strong vocals. She's not the best vocalist, but Nayeon can pick up the slack in the lower tone for the official audio, and she'll make a cute addition to the MV- She'll be a good in-between for Sophia and the rest of us visual wise. We'll obviously have to cover her lines when we perform, so we shouldn't make them too important of lines," She gave her well-thought out answer, as always. Stacy was definitely a deep thinker.

"That's not a bad idea," Daily commented, quite clearly impressed, "I've seen Nayeon in action, she'll definitely be able to balance the team out. With her on our side, even if she can't be with us for the live performance, we'll definitely be unbeatable."

"The Plan A team will have to watch out for us, for sure," Lily affirmed, "I wonder what kind of songs Sunyeon-ssi will have for us...I bet they'll be grat."

"Better than Plan A's stuff~" Bonnie sing-songed. All Phoenix offered was a nod- She didn't want any crazy sasaengs after her for saying something against a Plan A contestant. Knowing how obessive fans could be concerned Phoenix, and she'd rather not get involved.

"What kind of concept should we ask her to narrow down to, though?" Sophia asked.

"Well, I was thinking something refreshing- Cute but a different kind of cute, with a different charm to it. it's hard to explain," Bonnie spoke sheepishly. Lily shook her head, patting her fellow dancer's arm.

"I think I get it," Yeah, that was a straight-up lie but not anyone needed to know that.

"Really? That's weird," Bonnie laughed, "No one ever does."

"Um, we're not making the choreography this time, are we? And we're not trying to style ourselves either?" Daily asked faintly, Phoenix hardly able to hear her over the hum of the van. She offered a comforting smile and shook her head, causing the vocalist to sigh in relief.

"Yeah, not up to us this time. Pretty great to hear, right?" Daily nodded, and all conversation ceased. The scene slowly melted to the LOEN girls bowing and introducing themselves to a beautiful young girl. Then the Plan A girls were shown practicing their choreo, falling to the ground and uniformly moving their arms. Suddenly, it was Sophia singing intensely into the recording mic before frowning, shaking her head and asking to try again. Then it was Suji, grinning as she rapped fluidly into the mic. Bonnie and Lily trying out a change in choreography. Seul holding herself up on Taeha as she laughed. Lily and Phoenix congratulating Daily for pronouncing a word that even natives got wrong a lot. All of these scenes, flying by, until finally the camera focused on eleven girls sitting in their seats in front of the audience.

The Plan A girls were all in fairly different outfits, Suji and Minyoung both in a long jersery, Suji's shorter and pink with white short shorts paired with a green wristband while Minyoung's was white with thin vertical black stripes and black safety shorts, sporting a pink wristband. Seul had a bright pink baseball jersery with light denim short shorts and a purple wristband. Taeha had a simple red t-shirt, shorts, and black tule skirts with her orange wristband. This left Seoyun in a light blue, half-sleeved top with a huge red bow at her neck, a red skirt, and blue wristband. On LOEN's end, they all wore more or less the same thing, a white and/or red top of various styles with a red skirt- The only differences being Bonnie in a red dress and white top under, and Stacy in a wide striped black and white long-sleeved shirt. They all looked pretty cute, though, along with the Plan A girls, and the audience was still screaming about them until Minji quieted them down.

"Hey hey hey, let's get this show on the road!" She was sitting on the edge of the judges table again, eyeing the girls, "Today, the audience will not be voting. Instead, my fellow judges and I will be deciding who leaves. But, aren't these faces familiar? Please introduce yourselves!" Minji's eyes glittered- She was obviously enjoying herself.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kyung Il, the leader of History, back from episode one," He bowed and took his set.

"Hey there, I'm Eunji, solost and main vocal of Apink," She grinned, waving, "I was also a judge in episode one."

"Look, the original team back together!" Minji cooed, "Well, for the judges anyway- You guys are missing two people. It's time for a third to leave as well. LOEN Entertainment trainees, please get yourselves ready to perform. Plan A team, audience, please be respectful while our ladies perform! No sense in being rude~" She spoke as if it had happened before- Which is hadn't. However, the LOEN girls got into position, and waited.

(Yeeun-Lily, Yujin-Bonnie, Elkie-Stacy, Seunghee-Sophia, Sorn-Daily, Seungyeon-Phoenix. In MV, Eunbin-Kim Nayeon, trainee. CLC High Heels Who's Who)

"I was pleasantly surprised by your performance," Kyung Il admitted immediately, "From the start, it seemed very typical and very boring. Once you got to the bridge, however, it became very catchy and very endearing. The choreography fit the song well, and the styling fit all of you nicely. Dancing in those high, tiny heels isn't a joke so I'm genuinely impressed. Your expressions were on point, and as a whole you seemed to work together rather well. But there are some things missing. One, Stacy, where is your stage presence? You seemed to hide in the back a lot, it could have just been the choreo but I wish you'd presented yourself more. And this part isn't just you- Overall, your vocals were fairly weak in this song.

You had three great vocalists- Phoenix, Daily, and Sophia, but only Phoenix really utilized her voice. I sincerely expected mor from you, Sophia. Since my first time judging, I've been keeping up with the show and as others have been improving, you've been declining. Don't let any praise you got go to your head. You seem to have gotten too confident, and very lazy. However, as a whole the song was cohesive and I nejoyed the performance. Thank you." Sophia bowed deeper than the others, allowing her hair to hife her face. Bonnie almost had to groan- Tears again? She didn't seem to be able to take criticism.

"I'll start off with criticisms. Honestly, Sophia and Phoenix didn't deliver as expected. They're known as two of the top three vocalists but your traded skills for concept and that is rarely a wise idea," Eunji spoke seriously, looking at each trainee in the eye before looking back to the notes she'd written down, "The choreography was pretty weak for having two really great dancers on your team. You didn't let them represent because the other four aren't as talented at dancing- Once again, trading talent for concept is rarely wise. Lily, you need to sing a little louder, and not be shy. Singing may not be your best asset, and you were given a lot lines originally taken by a more vocally skilled trainee who helped for your MV and official recorded version, but you didn't sing to the best of your ability. I know you can do better. That being said, you had pretty great charisma despite the song being cuter- I have to admit, the concept was pretty interesting. It was cute but it didn't quite feel it, it felt more charming and clean. I really liked that."

"The other two judges got basically everything I wanted to hit," Minji bit the inside of her cheek, looking over her own notes for something to add, "But I suppose I'll just have to say it harsher. Honestly, Sophia, your vocals were were pretty much basic and expected from a lead vocal at best. You were horribly disappointing and Daily overshadowed you without a doubt. This was a performance disappointing enough to send you home in my book. Phoenix, Bonnie, I suggest working on your stage presence in the future, it was there but not quite enough. I wanted more from you. I expected more from you. That'll be it, thank you for your performance. You can head back toyour seats. Plan A Team, please take your places, the music will begin shortly."

(Wendy- Seoyun, Irene- Minyoung, Joy- Suji, Yeri- Seul, Seulgi- Taeha. Red Velvet Dumb Dumb Who's Who)

"That was one of the best performances in this whole competition," Minji mused, tapping a finger to her lips, "You have vocals, you had rap, you had style, you had concept, and most importantly you had talent that you showcased. The repetitive chorus really makes for a catchy and fun song- It's really the find you want to get up and dance crazily to. Seoyun, you really delivered with vocals- You proved that you don't need to have a specific high note in a song to show your vocal prowess. Taeha, you showed a whole different side of your vocals today, and I'm starting to like all side of your voice. When it comes to Seul, you certainly didn't have the most challenging parts, or the largest amount, but what you had you performed perfectly, with charisma and charm. Ah, Suji and Minyoung, my favorite and only real rappers. Surprisingly, you both did great. When you weren't rapping- Which I can't talk much about since I'm not a rapper- Your vocals were strong and you owned it. The lyrics were humorous and relatable. The choreography was awesome, if I'm being frank. Thankk you, girls!"

"Well well well, I think two little rappers are finally finding their style," Kyung Il grinned, "You both have tried various types of rapping, but this by far is your best work. You should try to find more styles similar to this to perform, because you're great at it. The choreography for this song was strange but enjoyable to watch, and you five worked as a cohesive team. My favorite was probably Taeha, who easily owned the stage the best, and it simply seemed like a second nature to her. The slap bracelet choreo was killer, by the way. Amazing, I would never have expected your writbands to come into play the way they did. I loved it."

"Going off of the wristbands really quick, the way you flawlessly put them back on was my farorite part of the choreo. A close second would be all the the hair priming you guys were doing, it was funny and charming. The vocals were strong and solid in this performance, which is surprising considering how tiring that choreography has to be. The song was beautifully catchy, and I was consciously not singing along after the first chorus. This is my favorite song someone from RUSH has produced. I really want to meet all the people youu worked with to see if I can myself something as good at this," Eunji laughed, and Suji smiled nervously at her, "I adored this. Plainly and simply, it as amazing." The five Plan A girls bowed deeply and returned to their seats.

"Kyung Il-ssi, Eunji-ssi, and I will be stepping out for a moment to deliberate on who to vote out. Please wait patiently," Minji and the other two judges made their way out of the room.

Q. What were you feeling in that moment when the judges left the room?

"Nervous," Daily sighed, "Praise doesn't always mean I'm in the clear, and you never know when it's your friend going home, you know? These girls are like my sisters, I really don't want anyone to leave..."

Q. Do you think you'll get voted out today?

"Not today, no," Suji replied, biting her tongue momentarily before releasing it, much to the relief of the staff, "No one had anything bad to say to me, and only Kyung Il-sunbae had anything good to say. There were other people who got more criticism and more praise than me, which means I should be okay."

When the judges came back in, the eleven girls stood up, standing in a straight line in front of the judge's table. None seemed particularly upset or pleased, so that meant whoever was going was probably pretty neutral to them, and thus the best option. Stacy swallowed thickly. All she could think was, I'm not ready to go home. I have more to show, more to offer. Please don't send me home.

"Firstly, Plan A girls, you can relax, it's no one from your team," Minji spoke into the mic offhandedly. Seoyun threw a small smile, but then turned her gaze to the LOEN team who was now trembling. Everyone had the same two people in mind on who would go home. It was a question if the judges saw potential in one and this performance being a mistake to the other. That was all it came down to. Those two thoughts would change a girl's future.

"Five episodes in isn't the toughest time to leave the competion," Eunji reminded, "You aren't the first to leave and you aren't the last- You made it about halfway through. You should be proud for coming this far."

"The girl who is leaving still had a future. A bright one, so don't give up just yet. Sometimes, people just make the wrong choice and it costs you something big," Kyung Il commented. Minji cleared , eyes boring down.

"Choi Yena Sophia is the third contestant to be voted out," Minji's voice was stone cold, "In my opinion, Sophia, you got too cocky while still being a disadvantage to whatever team you were on. Being talented isn't all that it takes to make it big. You need to be able to work with your team, both in personal relations and in visual. The only girls you could make a group with here are Seul, Minyoung, Stacy, Suji, and yourself. Anyone else and you'd stick out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way. Wait until you can find a group that fits your young age, image, and voice. Until then, just keep training."

Sophia was openly sobbing, but bowed, "Th-ank you for l-letting me participa-te in the compet-tion, it was s-s-so much fu-un. G-good luck, everyone." Sophia shrugged off any comforting hugs or words, leaving the stage.

"And so there were ten."

Q. You were eliminated.

"Not for a good reason," Sophia insisted, wiping at her eyes but more tears replacing the others constantly. Her sobs were easily caught on the mic, "I'm a re-ally grat v-vocalist, so why woul-d th-they?"

Q. Do you have any future plans?

Sophia had mostly calmed down, still the occasional twitch of a sob but most of her makeup was fixed, "Maybe I'll go ba-ck to training or become a producer, I don't have a-any dream other than music."

Q. Thank you for joining us, Yena.

"Thank you for having me, even though I cried and complained so much," She smiled one last time, bowing ni her seat before waving goodbye at the camera.

The credits rolled.

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」