Allkpop Twenty-Three

Rush 。 A Plan A Entertainment Survival Show 。 Episode Seven AIRED! Two Eliminations Left!
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
[UPDATED!] Sophia "Yena" Choi to be leaving LOEN Entertainment after lawsuit against hate comments!
December 8th, 2019 @ 1:24 am
ZurmZdY.png
zdVJmyT.png
by adminssi
scrap, share & like
10765
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

Sophia Choi, younger sister of actress and model Lisa Choi and The Siren's Olivia Choi, has officially left LOEN Entertainment after four years and a run on the Plan A and LOEN survival show, RUSH, after a lawsuit against online hate comments.

SEE ALSO: Sophia Choi of LOEN Entertainment sues online haters!

Ever since Sophia was voted out by the judges of the former SBS survival show, RUSH, she was bombarded with many hateful and ual comments. LOEN was going to debut her in 2018 but due to "mental strain" from the comments, they held back the entire six-membered group's debut. The group, known as YearTen, disbanded a few months later without ever having an official debut. The comments got worse, blaming Sophia for the disbandment. The company finally decided to take action, but in their statement this morning, informing about the decision, they cited that Sophia wasn't fit to live the idol life.

"Hello, this is LOEN Entertainment to bring you some unfortunate news.

Sophia Choi (Age twenty), a former RUSH contestant and trainee meant to debut in the now-dissolved group named YearTen will be leaving our company. After recieving many harmful and inappropriate comments, Sophia asked for us to take legal action. Early in the year 2019 we did start a lawsuit, and won.

However, despite being able to take legal action, Sophia's mental state was left fragile, and after a long talk involving her sister/labelmate Olivia of The Siren who is now age twenty-four, many staff members including Sophia's trainers, and the higher-ups in the company, we came to the conclusion that is would be best if we allowed Sophia to leave the company as she was no longer fit to live the life of an idol."

Sophia decided to leave of her own accord and wishes for her fans to stay strong. It is unclear whether or not she will return to the entertainment scene later on, but we can say for certain if she does it will not be under LOEN Entertainment. Thank you for your understanding, we wish Sophia well and that her fans will support her during these hard times."

Many fans, though, are claiming that LOEN Entertainment is lying about the whole ordeal- Some even denying the lawsuit ever happened despite it being confirmed by authorities. Others claim that Sophia is being forced to leave the company. Some say it is because Sophia has an attitude problem, while many put it to being forced out for no reason. They cite the fact that LOEN Entertainment specified it was of her own accord, and are demanding a further explanation. It seems not every former RUSH contestant can have success stories like Nabi and Iris/Dahlia.

We will keep you updated at the events unfold.

[UPDATE 1]

Sophia posted a two-part explanation, both with a selca on her Instagram and explained the situation in her own terms. The first post is a recent selca while fans have found that the second one is from her days in RUSH. She seems to be telling the same story as LOEN Entertainment, stressing that there were no lies involved in their statement, but still Netizens are worried that the company is exerting force on her career and are threatening it if she doesn't corroborate their story. Many find this to be ridiculous, including the winners of the survival show RUSH who are even commenting on her posts using their official Instagram accounts, telling people to not spread rumors and wishing Sophia luck!

Fans find this gesture very sweet. Good to know the winners and losers of The RUSH To Debut are still getting along well!


" Hello, this is Sophia Yena Choi here to inform you about me leaving LOEN~ ^^ After only seven months of being their trainee, I was given the opportunity to participate in "A RUSH to Debut," and was voted out in the fifth episode. I enjoyed my time there and made many new friends, keke. ^^ However, many online users began to say cruel and inappropriate things, and this was hard to bear. In 2018, just last year, I was supposed to debut with the group YearTen, but we later dissolved because of multiple conflicts of interest. In 2019 I asked my company to take action against these people online~ "

" They did and I was very grateful, however I wasn't sure that I could stay under an entertainment company any longer. We had a huuuuuge meeting with my sister, trainers, and others, and we all agreed that it was best for me and my mental health to leave~ ^^ LOEN Entertainment did not lie in their statements at all. They didn't lie and told my fans the correct story. Don't spread any weird rumors, it could hurt my career sillies~ Please don't worry about me! Keke, who knows when and if I'll return to music? But please continue to support both me, my sisters, and LOEN Entertainment, my home for four years. Thank you! <3 "

[UPDATE 2]

Sophia has yet again posted on Instagram, this time almost begging for everyone to stop the rumors. She posted a picture from her RUSH days during a press conference, and a caption that caused a lot of concern among fans. Many are recalling her sensitive, emotional side from when the show aired and are worried that the scandal that's come out of her leaving LOEN Entertainment has harmed her mental state further.

" Hello, its Sophia again. Please stop with the rumors that I was kicked out, I left for my own health and that is all. Please stop. You're not helping me. I appreciate the concern but enough is enough. I am okay. Please realize the truth and continue to support me and LOEN Entertainment. Thank you."

While some expressed pity for the former trainee, others are starting that the post was rude and she should never have said anything. What do you think of the whole situation? Are fans going too far or is there plausible causes for their concern? Should Sophia stay away from social media for the time being?

[UPDATE 3]

Since the posting of the second update, all the posts have been deleted on Sophia's Instagram and instead we've replaced them with the photos and messages. Neither Sophia or LOEN Entertainment have spoken up since the last Instagram post, and Sophia has disappeared from media's eye.

tags
Sophia Choi
LOEN Entertainment
Scandal
Press Statement
comments
There are 1,985 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
usernameandstuff · Posted December 27, 2021 @ 4:33 pm
Holy , came to look back on this mess two years later and DAMN. If someone doesn't know yet, Sophia is now a producer for JYP Entertainment and is living life mostly out of the public eye and all. She's back on a new Instagram account, @producing_yena_choi_, so she's okay.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
eatkimchibruh · Posted March 1st, 2020 @ 10:33 am
HA DESERVED IT.
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
idekanymore · Posted May 17th, 2020 @ 7:27 am
Honestly? This whole thing was ridiculous, why did people have to make a deal out of her leaving the company? None of it should ever have happened. Sophia hwaiting!
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
canistahpwithusernames · Posted December 20, 2019 @ 9:51 pm
Hated her the moment I saw her on RUSH. Then I saw her cry a bunch. Then I hated her more. I hope she hever had a successful career! Doesn't ing deserve one.
Reply · Report · Share
 
more