[Chapter 8] The Jeons

DOUBLE TROUBLE

The Jeons were something. Seokjin had never encountered such annoying and pain in the like the Jeon brothers. Well, yeah, except Taehyung. One Taehyung equaled to three Jeons. (“This is how you use math for !”)

The whine that came out from their lips were even more than the troubles they made. Seokjin studied the four of them while treating them; Jisoo, the crossbred of angel and demon, was still an angel with less whine and courteous “thank you”. Jin spent only seven percents of his stamina to handle him.

Seungcheol was a bit bratty, hissing and whining every time the cotton made contact to his wound. Every time meant all five wounds and scratches on his face. Seokjin spent fifteen percents of the rest of his stamina to fix Seungcheol.

Wonwoo was one devil from the metropolis of hell. He was whining and hissing and overreacting. He even ordered Jin which wound that he’d love to keep and ones that needed to be treated because it didn’t look swag. Wonwoo whined even before the sterile cotton touched his wound, flailing his arms like a child who begged for sweets. Nonetheless, he still had a moment to flirt with the older (which triggered a certain Jeon). He also begged for a lollipop and homemade cookies and free foods. For Wonwoo, Seokjin spent seventy-five percents of his stamina. Summing all of the three, Seokjin had used ninety-seven percents of his stamina just for curing three five-year-old giants’ bruises, torn lips, and cuts.

Wonwoo hugged Seokjin briefly despite very tightly as an appreciation which Seokjin just sighed since he became commonplace with the brothers now. Especially clingy Wonwoo. The older dabbed another cotton into iodine liquid while saying “next” and the last one immediately took a seat in front of him. Seokjin stared at the younger, deep into the dark orbs of the teenager. Jungkook too stared at the chef, confused and guilty but complex, like a confusing maze.

The sound of Wonwoo munching chips (“The Sock guy offered me. Starter kit for Jungkook’s romance dram- oh my god it’s starting already”) snapped the chef’s out of his trance as he began daubing the cotton on Jungkook’s wound.

“Hyung.”

“Let me finish this first, okay ?” said Jin without diverting his focus from daubing the scratch on Jungkook’s cheekbones.

“But-”

“Jungkook I’ve spent ninety-seven percents of my stamina only to treat your brothers so now can you just listen to me ?” Seokjin sighed which simultaneously muted the younger simultaneously muted the younger. Jungkook said no more after that, only gazing at Seokjin’s face and silently asking himself if there was any auction that sold God’s sculpture like the chef. Everything about Seokjin was admirable that he was willing to spend twenty-four hours only to stare at him. He wasn’t aware that he had grown bigger fondness toward the older until he felt his heart was beating crazily when Seokjin treated his torn lips, inching closer as he daubing the cotton bud.

I wish there was a candy with ‘Kim Seokjin’ brand out there so I could lie if I said I wanna eat him.

“Look at Jungkook’s hungry eyes.”

“Imma feed his eyes with Cheetos if he dares.”

“You know he is already eating Seokjin.”

“...... Cheetos shotgun activated.”

Jeon brothers weren’t brothers if they didn’t try to kill one another. Wow, that rhymes.

“What was that for, Jeon Wonwoo ?” scolded Jin while resting his hands on his waist, playing an angry mom. Jungkook, who was sitting behind him, hissed at the chilly sensation that pricked his eyes painfully. The extra hot Cheetos wasn’t a pleasant thing for eyes especially if it went into them. Credit to your most pesky cousin.

“I’m saving you from the naughty beast, hyung. You will thank me if you know later,” Wonwoo argued while glancing at Jungkook with a small smirk.

“I don’t know and I won’t know and I don’t want to know, okay ?” Seokjin looked at Jungkook who was still pressing his palm and on his left eye, where Wonwoo invaded with a long, most chilly flavored, Cheetos. He thought it had to be very painful. “Now apologize, Wonwoo.”

“Oh, hyung, but that’s just a little prank. And I’m sure Jungkook’s already tired of hearing countless ‘sorry’ from Minseok,” Wonwoo smirked.

Seokjin was like being slapped, twice, upon Wonwoo’s statement. He hadn’t heard Jungkook’s story from the person himself and he really needed a clarification about the foreign behavior that never appeared in front of Seokjin. Did Jungkook have a split personality disorder? Or did Jungkook doesn’t want to disappoint him? Seokjin didn’t want to that believe Jungkook was a troublemaker since the boy couldn’t even wash a glass without accidentally slipping and breaking it. How could he damage other people with such frail hands? Or he couldn’t take care of something softly because he used too much power on daily basis?

Now that the thought popped up, he really wanted to talk to the teenager right now but he had to run the restaurant. Moreover, Hoseok had been running here and there serving two tables alone. He couldn’t let the other do it by himself when he was also present there.

“Hyung.”

“What again, Jungkook ?”

“You… are…. spacing out.” Seokjin blinked, confused at the statement.

“You keep treating the same wound,” Jungkook said with a very gentle voice while pointing at his torn lips. “And staring at my lips.”

Seokjin suddenly wished he got into the Jeons’ dark side so they would knock them down until he got an amnesia and forgot Jungkook’s amused glint in his eyes even though he knew the younger try so hard not to show it. He was certain his cheeks had betrayed his ‘tryna-look-cool’ face. And also, hearing Jungkook’s intonation brought back the doubt again, that the boy was a loose cannon at school. Jeon Jungkook was a living riddle which answer wouldn’t be available in seconds.

“Oh, I’m- I’m sorry.” Seokjin quickly retracted his hand, collecting the used pieces of cotton in a plastic bag and tidying up the first aid kit. “Let’s talk about this later. Have you eaten lunch ?” Jin stood up. Jungkook shook his head.

“Okay, I’ll make one.” His step came to a halt when he saw the three Dobermans puppies widening their eyes in an aegyo manner. Yeah, to him of course.

“Ugh, why are you doing this to me ?” Seokjin groaned. “Fine, three.”

Seokjin couldn’t hide his smile watching the three Jeons eating with so much delight, appreciating every single grain of rice and slice of meat that came into their stomach. By appreciating, I mean, not missing a single spoon to scream out about how delicious Seokjin’s lunchbox was or shedding tears. The boys were that exaggerating. EatJin suddenly was filled with various comments from various languages such as German, Icelandic and Chinese and both chef and barista could hardly tell if it was a “the kimchi is too salty” or a kudos for the dish.

Jungkook, on the other side, was eating calmly despite habituate sneering and scornful look at his embarrassing cousins. He sat next to Seokjin, unaware of the oldest contented expression at the view of his barbaric brothers.

“Like you never eat from a lunchbox,” uttered the ashamed boy.

“You know we eat hundred dollars dishes from day until night. They even prepare special lunches at school so we don’t eat random, unhygienic foods,” Wonwoo jeered.

“Thousand dollars if you count the imported ceramic plates, silverware, wine glasses and the dining table set,” added the full-mouthed Seungcheol.

“Hundred thousand dollars if you count the chefs, the servants and the staffs who bring our lunches to school every day,” said Jisoo.

“What is your point, really ?” Jungkook replied.

“The point is we never eat any dishes cost lower than nine hundred thousand dollars with a box that limits our portion but highkey taste no better than this simple lunchbox. So, if we are overreacting about it, that’s not our fault,” Wonwoo advocated, lips smacking as he talked.

“You live with hyung now. You must be the blessed one to eat hyung’s food every single day.”

“Hey, I’m work-” Jungkook immediately got cut by Seungcheol who faked tears. “We don’t get much attention, even our mothers don’t have time to cook for us !”

“Yet they are overreacting about random foods that cause malnutrition and food poisoning! My !” Wonwoo screamed at the top of his lungs, shocking customers behind them and the chef. “If I could, I would like to work with you too, hyung. If that means eating your food at least once a month.” Seungcheol showed a finger while making a pleading face.

Seokjin chuckled at him, inside he was pitying the boys whose mothers got so overprotective. Even though he wasn’t sure about that, looking from the way they got so hyper around the magical canister that contained various dishes, he could tell that their meals weren’t very interesting. And surely, “homemade”.

“Just come here every time you feel like eating, okay ?” Said Seokjin which made the three, sorry, four, jerked up. “Really, hyung ?!” Seokjin nodded.

“JEON JUNGKOOK HAS THE BEST CRUSH EVER !”

“YA !!!!!”

If it wasn’t for the appearance of the eccentric squad, that had Taehyung as the front man, Seokjin had to witness his bunny murdered his own cousin and EatJin became a war zone with his bare eyes.

The pink haired eyed Seokjin, then the feared customers, and last to Jungkook who pulled Wonwoo’s collar.

“You ?”


A/N

Aye everyone !  Gie is here again. Sorry if I make you wait and if the new chapter is lame cus it's been a looong time since I write ugh -_- anyways yeah I present you: THE JEONS !!! The almighty squad consists of brats. They will appear a few times in the story, be ready for their strike ;) And also 2017 is being rude to me.

   

They are rising, aren't they ? *huft* I know the MAMA stage was in 2016 BUT STILL THATS TAEJIN MAKE WAY BITJES I went to mcdonalds to study german with my boyfriend and when I scrolled down Tumblr I found the Jin's graduation gifs and I was like "BOY TAEJIN IS RISING !" to him and to the whole mcdonalds. He left me for ice cream after that.

I hope you enjoy the story and also hello to new subbies ! I'll make it longer in the next chapter. So, see ya later lovely people :D

 

-Gie