[Chapter 6] Instinct

DOUBLE TROUBLE

    "Jimin-ah ! I love you so much !"

    "Oppa ! I can't !"

    "Jimin-ah ! I love you so much !"

    "Oppa !"

    "Jimin-ah ! I-"

    "FOR THE OF YOUR LIFE KIM TAEHYUNG !"

    It'd never been a dialogue until a certain Min slammed his workspace and yelled out his frustration to Taehyung. Yoongi's famous roar made some staffs' breath hitched, some flinched, but not with the only Kim of Team 2. He stayed still, staring at the captain with fake, cheap innocence that did poorly in convincing Yoongi to buy that expression and got away with him. Neither did the team.

    "Shut it Kim or you'll taste this revolver in your mouth." Yoongi ran his hand on his mint-ish hair, devastated.

    "But, Yoongi ?" The captain rubbed his face, having agony but eventually muttered a faint and annoyed "what ?" to the younger. This rascal was very very tiring, despite Yoongi's acknowledgement of Taehyung's alien personality since long time ago. To hangout with Taehyung, it cost his pride and his patience. He had to face the fact that he, Min Yoongi, was a friend of someone whose sanity wasn't licensed on earth.

    Yoongi expected to listen to Sasshyung but nothing came up. That's until Taehyung barked like a dog three times, scaring the out of the captain and Sehun ("Holy Miranda Kerr !") and the others emitted laughter at the randomness. Jonghyuk, the eldest, only smiled a bit before going back to his work. "What was that for, Tae ?" asked Siwan who was rather amused than annoyed at the sudden disturbance since he knew, he never actually understood Taehyung's mindset and the young man was funny in his opinion.

    "That was 'for the of Yoongi's tombstone, I'm hungry let's go to EatJin and eat like pigs unless I'll cut your '." Taehyung grinned ear-to-ear before walking towards the automatic sliding door and shooting hearts to Seolhyun, the new detective from team 2 whose hair-flip spreaded sparkling moondust and stars.

    "Too much horror." Sehun rubbed his forearms that were already covered in black leather jacket.

    "I'm not going to the toilet. I don't wanna see the mirror." Krystal who previously had stood up walked back to her seat, giving her best not to explode her bladder. Meanwhile Siwan was left silent.

    "That's darker than I thought."

 

    Seokjin regretted both for choosing a glass door as the restaurant's main entrance that basically made no creak or tiny sound and also not buying a bell or something that would chime if there was customer coming in. When he cracked the egg, there was no-one at the couch. Hoseok flew away to the market to buy some strawberries so Seokjin was left alone to finish Jimin's lunch box. The moment the egg made sizzling sound, it was there, sitting on the couch calmly and not making any sounds but reading seriously.

    It, no, he was reading the compilation of Disney's bedtime stories and was so immersed that his body slowly sank into the couch, making him looked adorable with pouty lips. Seokjin almost cooed at the cute scene he just witnessed if it's not for his long-term memory that worked excessively. If it's not the fact that he was the one scraping his car. And if it's not the fact that he was the one serving as Seokjin's breakfast.

    Seokjin's frown emerged at the terrible 'movie' and put the frying pan into the sink. He decided to pretend not noticing Taehyung there and continued on decorating the lunch box casually. But the 'five seconds of unusual silence' made him give up as he craned his neck to take another peak of Taehyung on the couch, wishing that the younger was still immersed into Aurora's story.

    But Seokjin was wrong. Taehyung was now looking at another universe on the pink wall across him, maybe he found an invisible worm hole there. The bedtime stories book was closed on his lap and he was just staring endlessly at the other side of the room, thinking about abstract thoughts that Seokjin could barely decipher.

    "Appreciating heaven's statue here, noona?" The younger's voice made the older jumped, almost ruining the sunny side up he just cooked earlier into an obnoxious yellow puddle with the chopsticks. He snorted at the narcissm.

    "What do you want ?"

    "I want to eat. Is that wrong ?"

    The older huffed once more (and Taehyung secretly smiled at the whining man) before closing Jimin's lunch box and busying himself with another one for Taehyung. Despite his unreasonable hatred toward Taehyung at that time ("I did nothing !") but he still filled it with rice, meat, fried egg, vedgetables, small side dishes heartily. Even adding more roulade for him. But quiet had never been Taehyung's kind. Havoc should be lit up.

    "Do you know ? Quiet is violent, noona." Taehyung smirked.

    "Stop calling me that, Taehyung."

    "You too stop calling me, that."

    "What ??"

    "'Hyung'. I'm younger than you why calling me hyung ?" Seokjin had his eyebrows furrowed at the sentence but then the younger's before centuries jokes hit him hard, or more likely crashing down.

    "That's your name, brat. You don't say." Seokjin rolled his eyes.

    "That's why ! I said I'd rather go by Jo Insung !"

    "Then how could I avoid calling you ?!" Oh, Seokjin. You should never ask that.

    "How about Taebaby ? Or Taehoney ? Or oppa ?" Taehyung smirked. "That will , if you wonder." Seokjin leered at him and clicked his tongue. "Lewd." The younger laughed. "And oppa is almost the same as hyung, you stupid."

    With a frown, Seokjin served the dishes to the man in front of him. Taehyung clapped happily before taking the chopsticks and picking up a rollade only to be observed in every direction. His face turned serious.

    "You don't poison this, right ?"

    "Oops! I forgot to put it in !" Seokjin said in an obvious masquerade.

    "Nah you are a goody-goody. You won't," said Taehyung while stuffing more japchae into his full mouth. The sight made Seokjin cringe. How many years had been passed since Taehyung’s last meal ? Permian ? Jurassic ?

    “Don’t eat like that. If the Death passes by, he’ll choke you to death.” Taehyung suddenly coughed and hacked at the statement. The older snorted while standing up to take a cup of water for Taehyung. He came back and handed the filled cup to the dying younger who immediately made a fast rescue.

    “See ? You are a goody-goody. You don’t poison your enemy.” Taehyung winked. “And thank you for the free water. Should I act more for free lemon tea too ? I am sure you’re gonna charge every single thing for me, twice the normal price.” Then, he went back stuffing his mouth with food without noticing Seokjin’s disbelief expression. He started hitting Taehyung on the forearm, giving him hot and definitely merciless –but adorable- slaps all over the limb and Taehyung was a psycho detective who only laughed at the vicious action.

    Dissatisfied but tired, Seokjin stopped hitting the younger and secretly summoning the devil leaning back to the couch. If only murdering people is not a sin, said Seokjin to himself, not wanting a new bloodshed with the eating man.

    Suddenly, his phone buzzed inside his pocket, indicating a new message had arrived. Seokjin fished his phone and found “HYUNG I NEED TO TAKE SOME FILES CAN YOU THROW MY HOUSE KEY TO HOMDIV WINDOW I’M SORRY TO DISTURB YOU XO”.

Seokjin only giggled at the cute message and stood up, ignoring Taehyung’s ‘ohmygod you are a mental’ and walking toward a tall wall shelf. He tip-toed and ran his hand carelessly on the flat surface, not realizing the Eiffel miniature and a pretty big vial that occupied the space. Because Seokjin believed his instinct and he didn't need to be told where the key was laid.

 

But Taehyung also believed in his instinct more than he believed that eggs came earlier than chicks. And it's not an average people's instinct.

 

He dashed towards Seokjin, bumping his knee on the corner of the wooden table that he didn't pay attention to it because what's going to happen to the older would be much more painful than his damaged knee. Taehyung quickly pulled Seokjin's elbow, forgetting the term of 'personal space' that his father had taught him and all quarrels and irrational debates with the older. Because he didn't want the older to hurt himself. It was automatic.

 

It was instinctive.

 

Taehyung placed his arm around Seokjin's waist protectively. He swore he felt Hyosang when the contact happened. He felt the warmth that he used to grew up with, the warmth that he longed after work, the same warmth that asked him to stay.

He realized clearly, that Jin Hyosang and Kim Seokjin could never be the same person as if Hyosang was reborn into another form. Yet, he still wanted to know if Hyosang was somehow woven inside the older.

His gentle gaze dove into Seokjin's shocked hazelnut orbs and he didn't ask why. That was Kim Seokjin in his arm, the one he pissed off too much and the one that wouldn't lay his hand on Taehyung's skin gently yet abusive. But that didn't matter. Seokjin or Hyosang, he wanted none of them to get hurt.

 

It was too instinctive.

 

"Seokjin...." Taehyung's baritone voice grazed Seokjin's lips, sending chill to the older's spine. It was his fathom to measure how close they were. And it was more than a friendship's gap tolerance. Seokjin saw Taehyung's gentle gaze. Or was it pitiful ? He wasn't sure either. This wasn't Taehyung. Or was this the real Taehyung ?

The younger, despite a centimeter shorter than him, 4D, autistic, hyperactive, alien, childish, ill-mannered, named all of them, was the actual beast who emitted strong emotion even without gaping his mouth. He was the actual enigma that he felt like he couldn't find the exit, he wasn't sure if Taehyung had an exit.  And he was sure that Taehyung had always murdered person, literally. With those soft eyes.

Seokjin had never seen this side, Taehyung's beast side. The emotion molded his skin, the younger's gentle gaze him possible way. And he felt his cheeks became warm at the softness in Taehyung's arms. At the sharp outline of Taehyung's jaw. At the handsome feature that Seokjin failed to notice everytime they met. At Taehyung's protective arm around him. At their closeness. At the fact that he shouldn't enjoy Taehyung's direct contact with him.

 

Was this instinctive ?

 

"Seokjin, do you know that my eyes don't belong to liars ? And that this isn't some prank I'm pulling off ? So, please don't blame me for lying, not telling the truth, playing around."

"You are goddamn beautiful." Seokjin froze at Taehyung's words, the heat inside him was crazy. Did Taehyung just confess ? No. Of course not. He didn't.

"But you need to give that key to Jimin." Taehyung smiled, and Seokjin was bewildered at the smile. A smile that wasn't so Taehyung. "And pass those guys." He cocked his head to his team behind the entrance that witness the whole scene in huge shock.

He forgot the key inside the broken vial.

-Double Trouble-

 

Author's Note 

IM SORRY GUYS IM LIKE SUPER LATE OHMYGOD SORRY DON'T KILL ME

but here's an update for you hope you enjoy. Oh look taejin !!! Yeah im being nice HAHA >:)

I'm sorry I can't talk much to you guys I'm using lab's computer to update this im a crazy and i have like 5 minutes before school starts. So bye now !

 

-Gie