[Chapter 2] Pterodactyl Octave ?

DOUBLE TROUBLE

          EatJin was vacant since it wasn't the office’s lunch time yet and school hadn't ended at this time. There were only a few customers occupying three tables for each group, working on their college homework or just simply chatting.

          Seokjin heaved for the umpteenth times while stacking canisters, receiving weird look from the barista that sat peacefully on the bar stool, sipping his morning coffee. Seeing a frowning Seokjin in the morning was like seeing a Pterodactyl. Rare to non-exist.

          "Mind to stop your sigh there ? You tripled the amount of carbon dioxide in good three hours." Hoseok propped his chin with his fist, eyes narrowing as he observed the older. The chef heaved, again, not feeling good to lash his anger to Hoseok who technically didn't know a single thing about the havoc earlier but he knew the best that Kim Seokjin wasn’t born to be secretive and all-by-myself person about life problems.

          Reading the hesitation in the elder’s eyes, Hoseok tried to lift it up. "Hyung, you know you can always lash it, here. On me." Hoseok patted his chest, proud. "At least you won't kill people-"

          Hoseok, if you see my car, maybe you'd understand if you become transparent later.

          "-or burn Eatjin-"

          I'm afraid my hands honor anarchism at this moment.

          "-right ?" Hoseok's voice got smaller each sentence he stated and ended with an ellipsis, sensing an onerous truth that was waiting him between those two options. Seokjin heaved, hell, he wouldn't stop heaving until the damn anger was lashed, and heavily shook his head. He decided it’s the best to speak it to Hoseok than keeping it to himself since he didn’t want to crush his reputation as well. A healthy restaurant’s chef died due to in his twenty five.

          "So, this morning..." he began. Hoseok was back to his previous position, propping his chin with his fist. "This morning ?"

          "I had a very bizarre dream." The barista furrowed his forehead. "About ?"

          "I had a dream, I almost crashed a stranger named Taehyang who had soft strawberry hair but he saved his day buy hugging my car's bonnet. Without permission, he got into my car and bossed me around only to chase a freaking high school student who happened to hop into the bus next to me just a mere second before it set off. I was angry and shocked so I didn't do what he said." Hoseok's frown deepened at the weird beginning but he decided to save his question later.

          "And you know what he did ?" Seokjin stared at Hoseok, eyes starting to glisten with unusual spark. Little did the chef know that as his story progressed, he already began another step of cooking which was chopping garlic. Seokjin did it without even looking at the garlic and also without cutting himself, only adding tense to Hoseok who looked at the German made knife fearfully for only a little force and tiny space were needed to make that knife became useful yet dangerous. If the knife really did a good job chopping Seokjin’s finger, Hoseok was very ready. To faint.

          "Wh-what ?"

          "He moved to the driver seat, shoving my leg from the gas pedal, moved the gear lever to the highest level and started driving." The garlic was chopped into two pieces before Hoseok's eyes.

          "Um, good then ? Where did he take you ?" The silence was intense Hoseok felt like floating in the space without oxygen tube. Until Seokjin opened his mouth.

          "TO A DEATH RACE ! HE WAS CHASING A ING DELINQUENT WHO HAPPENS TO BE A DRUG DEALER AND HE GRAZED MY ING CAR WHEN HE DROVE ALONG A SHORTCUT ALLEY LIKE WHY THE THAT IDIOT DROVE IN A ING ALLEY ! AND WHEN HE RAN OVER SPEED BUMPS HE DIDN'T EVEN MIND TO SLOW DOWN SO MY FACE WAS SHOVED INTO HIS BUTTS DISGRACEFULLY ! HOSEOK, HIS ! BUTTS ! TWICE ! AND MY FACE IS DISTORTED NOW LOOK ! AND HE DIDN'T EVEN SAY SORRY AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT WHEN I GLARED AT HIM ALL HE SAID WAS JUST 'WHAT?' OH MY GOD MY NECK TENSED ! BUT WHAT'S MORE ANNOYING WAS HE CALLED ME 'PRINCESS' NOW NOW IF I HAVE HIS HEAD WILL HE STILL SAY 'STAY IN THE CAR, PRINCESS !'" Seokjin mimicked the officer.

          "OH IT WAS THE WORST BUT THIS WAS THE WORST THAT THE WORD ‘WORST’ ITSELF COULDN’T DESCRIBE WAS HE TURNED THE STEERING WHEEL TO THE LEFT SHARPLY AND HIT THE BRAKE BRUTALLY ONLY TO OBSTRUCT, OBSTRUCT THE BUS ! GOD THE BUS COULD RAN OVER US IF IT’S NOT ON-TIME GET IT HOSEOK ??!! AND HE ACTUALLY CARRIED PISTOL THE WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT HE WAS A GANGSTER WITH HIS OTHER FRIEND SO I RAN TO THE POLICE STATION AND COLLIDED WITH THE HOMDIV CHIEF WHICH I DRAGGED TO THE CRIME SCENE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ! A FACT OF LIFE TAEHYANG IS ACTUALLY A DETECTIVE UNDER THAT DIMPLED CHIEF'S AUTHORITY ! WHERE TO PUT MY FACE HOSEOK WHERE ??!!"

          Seokjin raised the knife to the air unconsciously.

          And then silence.

          And Hoseok lost his soul.

          And the customers looked at the two in shock, some were gaping their mouths.

          Seokjin bit his lower lip. "But there was something that I’m grateful.” He dropped his hand that was holding the knife before continuing. “Taehyang extended his arm to keep me safe when he halted abruptly. Because I refused to listen to him when he reminded me to wear the seat belt." He stated nervously, his cheeks coloring a light shade of pink.

          Hoseok lost his words. Never once Seokjin was infuriated, riled up like that. If ‘Pterodactyl octave’ was official in music dictionary, it would describe Seokjin the best, ten out of ten. The worst thing he could ever do was punching Hoseok's cushion (that moment he was accused making Kim Seokjin's Flirting 101) and screamed into it. Kim Seokjin was always the saint who never swore let alone punched the light out of people. He would always be a sweetheart. But the Kim Seokjin in front of him now which was the present one, was very close to selling that Taehyang man's soul to the demon despite the part that he was grateful.

          Realizing the unusual silence, Seokjin looked up only to find Hoseok's blank face and the customers were slowly getting up from their seat, smiling awkwardly to him before scurrying to the exit. Now the cafe was really empty, no one was in Seokjin's peripheral except Hoseok. The said man shook his head once he'd gotten his hearing and soul again, staring at the sullen Seokjin. He pulled Seokjin's hand to stop the thumb-biting habit he grew up with when he’s scared. Seokjin never liked scaring people but what he did just get the heaven outta the customers’ body.

          "Hyung, sit on the couch. I'll make you hot cocoa, okay ? Calm down now."

          Calm down. How long had it been erased from Seokjin's database ? Four hours.

          "I'm sorry, Seok-ah. I shouldn't lash it on you." The chef held Hoseok's hand inside his, desperate for support.

          "It's okay Jin hyung. If I were you, I'd be extremely angry too ! Body repair is bloody expensive. My brother got bald because of that !"  Hoseok grinned. "And that incident is probably what pissed you off the most. Disgusting, I know." This time he scrunched his nose. Seokjin took a mental note to raise his salary next month. The comfort he received was priceless and Hoseok stayed when everyone was freaking out.

          "Thank you, Seok-ah." A smile crept up to Seokjin's face, finally. Hoseok nodded and shush him, pointing at the couch near the window. The older walked to the couch, letting his body drown into the comforting sensation. The scent of cocoa arose to the ceiling, looming the interior and tickling the worn out chef's nose. Seokjin's spirit was lifted, he felt his happiness and composure recollected.

          "I can't let you have bald on your head, hyung. Here." Hoseok handed him the Christmas decorated cup filled with hot chocolate liquid that diffused sweet scent. Seokjin inhaled in contentment before lifting the cup to his mouth. "Anyways hyung, your dream sounds so real despite it looked like a serious omen for your future hahaha. You indeed have a very good memory !" Hoseok showed his two thumbs. “I barely even remember my dream last night."

          Seokjin's hand stopped midway from bringing the cup's rim to his lips. He stared at Hoseok in confusion while putting down the cup as the latter gave him the same look. "I mean, you don't strangle people just because of a brief nightmare, right ? Those scratches and thingy were just dreams and not actually happening, so there's no reason you summon the Death to take away random people's soul hahahaha”

          And there’s another silence.

          "And that Taehyang man, he's actually pretty sweet to spread his arm like that. Like in romance drama ! Oh, hyung you are so lucky to meet a badass stranger like him in your dream." Hoseok huffed, not discovering Seokjin's dagger eyes on him.

          "Hoseok, you don't-"

          "SEOKJIN HYUUUNNNGGG~" A loud high pitched voice pierced the tense atmosphere between Seokjin and Hoseok. A maroon curly haired man skipped into the building, opening his arms to engulf the blonde chef in his arms, resulting an "oof !" beneath his shirt.

          "Hyung, I miss you !" Said the man after releasing Seokjin from his bear -death- hug and grinned to him. Slowly gaining his sense, Seokjin replied with the same sincere smile. "Hi Jiminnie. We just met this morning in the dining room why missing me so much ?" He giggled.

          "Uh, Seokjin." Hoseok's voice interrupted the chef's interaction with his sibling. "Speaking of the devil....." He pointed his index to a certain soft strawberry haired man among the group standing after EatJin's entrance.

          "And he shall appear ?"

          As soon as Seokjin's disbelief gaze met Taehyung's the chef shoved Jimin away from his lap, resulting a painful groan from the younger as he landed on the wooden floor. The chef's eyes shot lasers while making his way to Taehyung who backed away until his body bumped the chief. The said man stared in horror as Jin The Princess he had known in brief fifteen minutes was storming to him, as intense as Jin The Reaper.

          "You !!!" Seokjin reached out his hand, pulling Taehyung's right ear harshly. Loud "Argh !" and "Stop it !" echoed throughout the room and four other people were left dumbfounded in the situation, not knowing how to react. They looked at each other, asking for explanation even though the group of officers barely knew Hoseok and vice versa.

          "Hey, princess ! Let me go ! My ear's falling off !"

          "Say again !!"

          "Hey, princess- AAARGH !"

 

          Seeing Taehyung losing to a delicate lanky 'princess' was like seeing Lochness in Alaska. Almost impossible.

 

 

I said, almost.

 

 

But, who knows ?

 

-Double Trouble-

 

          "Mrs. Jeon !" A boy whined, his fake childish voice flooding the mansion. However, the middle-aged woman didn't weaver to whatever the boy did. Kneeling, whining, wailing, regarding her with title had been done yet the said Mrs. Jeon pretentiously lifted her chin up, never looked down to see her only son. She’s Mrs. Jeon after all.

          The boy hadn't given up, though. For the sake of his safe life in the mansion and freedom and his PS4, he needed to kneel, he needed to melt Mrs. Jeon's heart. A mother's heart. So, he pulled out a row of aegyos, supported by Jeon family's bunny cheeks since a mom’s heart was frail to her son’s cuteness.

          A man laughed, low and heavy, as he folded the newspaper. "Son, you just learned your lesson. Never argue with a lady, especially the ones coming from Jeon." He laughed again, receiving desperate look from the young adult.

          "Jeon Jungkook, stop whining or I will confiscate your phone too. How old are you ? Five ? Six ?" Jungkook straightened his spine and looked at his mom's eyes obediently with a slight pout.

          "Jungkook, you need to leave your comfort zone here and see the world. Being a smart doesn't mean that you are experienced. You have to know how to deal with this and that. Stop throwing that 'I'm a detective I am smart enough' card to mom. You don't even work in a police station and no-one even know you were an FBI trainee." The lady sighed loudly.

          "And you gotta get rid of your rudeness here and there. God, Jungkook where did you get that gene from ? Punching Mr. Lee’s son until broken, oh my god.” The lady scoffed.

          “It was Minhyuk’s fault !” The son defended.

          “Accidentally bumping into you and accidentally dropping the book onto your toes deserved twenty punches ??? No, not a , Jeon Jungkook. You've been living so recklessly and I can’t tolerate it so, don't pull that aegyo and just follow mom's instruction." With that, she ended the Jeon's soap opera and left her child in anguish, thinking about future days without chauffeur, maids, his possessions in the game room and stuck with a ‘Kim Seokjin’ that he suspected to be a boring old man far in an isolated village to take care of him and send him to a paddy field for labor work. Or the worst, simply enslaved him.

 

-Double Trouble-

 


Author's Note

IT'S TUESDAAAAY !!!! IT'S UPDAAAATE !!!! IT'S ANOTHER CRAPPY CHAPTEEEER !!!! 

But anyways, it's a new chapter for you lovelies so, yeah.... ^_^;;

I'd like to thanks all sobbies (wanna make it a cute abbrev. of SugaxHobi but I'm forcing thing too much) and voters and also your cute comments ! THEY REALLY MOTIVATE ME HAHAHAHA ^o^9

If you wanna brick me for writing lousy and boring chapter, just brick me already. I'M THE GOD OF BORING CHAPTER.

Oh yeah, I am thinking of making a playlist to guide you reading the chapter, hopefully it gives you feeling since I write the story with the help of those songs ^^

Lastly, enjoy the story ! If you have time, do comments ! ^^

-Gie